7th June 2016, 01:39 PM
Unregistered

How to calculate EMI of Loan amount of Rs. 6.5 Lacs at 5% interest rates under 5 years of tenure?

Hello,
I have taken an Education Loan from Indian Overseas Bank of amount of Rs. 6.5 Lacs for my B.Tech course. They would charge an interest rate of 5%. I want to calculate my EMI which I have to pay during the repayment. I have a tenure of 5 years under this scheme.

Related Questions:
  1. Whether Bank of India charge interest during B.Tech against Education Loan? How to repay EMI in 7 years of tenure against Rs. 5 Lacs?
  2. Should I invest the excess money into market after repaying EMI of Education Loan? -- [Most Discussed]
  3. How the interest rates could be changed against Bank Education Loan of BOI?
  4. Possibility to increase the repayment tenure of an Education Loan?
  5. How to increase EMI tenure of Education Loan repayment?
  6. Which Bank offered cheapest Interest rates against Education Loan of Rs. 15 Lacs? Which is among Floating and Fixed interest rates better if want to repay before 1 year completing of education?
  7. Which Bank offer cheapest Interest rates against Education Loan of Rs. 15 Lacs? Which is among Floating and Fixed interest rates better if want to repay before 1 year completing of education?
  8. Does Bank charges full amount per year against interest rates of Education Loan?
  9. Allahabad Bank did not waived off interest amount as per government announcement? What is the EMI of Initial Amount of 350000, with 11.75% interest rate?
  10. Detailed information and interest rates charged against Education Loan of Rs. 3.5 Lacs for study MBA?
  11. List of Banks which offer Education Loan of Rs. 7 Lacs to study M.Pharmacy course? Interest rates charge against Education Loan?
  12. How can I get Education Loan of Rs. 20 Lacs with low interest rates to study MS in UK?
  13. Banks which sponsor Education Loan of Rs. 20 Lacs with minimum interest rates to study in Abroad?
  14. List of banks offering Education Loan of Rs. 15 Lacs with lowest Interest Rate? Which is advisable among Floating and Fixed rates for repayment period of 1 year?
  15. List of Banks offering an Education Loan of Rs. 4.75 Lacs to study PGDM through MAT in Udaipur? Interest rates charge against an education loan?
  16. Interest rates of all Banks are same to study in UK?
  17. Which Bank offer cheapest Interest rates against Education Loan of upto Rs. 8.5 Lacs to study MBA through CMAT?
  18. Procedure and documents required to apply for education loan? What will be the interest rate and what kind of EMI will be deducted?
9th June 2016, 08:56 AM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to calculate EMI of Loan amount of Rs. 6.5 Lacs at 5% interest rates under 5 years of tenure?

Calculation of EMI is quite simple. Since your total time period for repayment is 5 years, so you need to calculate your amount in 5 years. The principal amount will be the outstanding amount after completion of your study period when you start your repayment. Calculate the total amount with this principal, rate of interest as 5% and tenure as 5 years using the below formula -

A = P+SI where P - principal, A - amount and SI - interest = P* 5*5/100

Now divide this amount by 60. The result will be your EMI.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?