16th February 2016, 03:51 PM
Unregistered

Whether Bank insist a guarantor against failing to repay the education loan amount?

Hello Everyone,
I would like to know that if a candidate doesn't get job after completion of course, then can the bank insists for the recover of the amount from the guarantor?

Related Questions:
  1. How can I repay Education Loan if get job in UK after completing MS?
  2. What are the actions taken by Bank against me if failing to repay Education Loan?
  3. How can I get Bank Education Loan of Rs. 16 Lacs to study MS in UK? Can I repay Loan after getting job? Do I have to Mortgage the property to apply for Bank Education Loan?
  4. Whether a 3rd Party Guarantor must be an Account Holder of Bank for taking Education Loan? Is documents necessary to show by the Guarantor? A retired person can be a Guarantor?
  5. When I have to repay an Education Loan amount if apply from a Public Bank?
  6. When I have to repay an Education Loan amount if apply from a Public Bank?
  7. Who is Third Party Guarantor in Bank Education Loan scheme?
  8. What is the role of a Guarantor to apply for Bank Education Loan? -- [Most Discussed]
  9. Whether Bank pressurize guarantor for repayment of Education Loan?
  10. Guarantor is eligible to get Education Loan for studying MBBS?
  11. Whether the Bank will repay Education Loan during the course period of M.Tech?
  12. Can i get education loan even after failing in Ist semester?
  13. Can I apply for Bank Education Loan to study MS(HRD) in The University of Central Lancashire, UK if working in Dubai being an Indian? How much amount of Education Loan will be sanctioned without Guarantor?
  14. Being a Bank Ex-Officer my father can become a guarantor against Education Loan?
  15. Whether a retired person is eligible to become a Guarantor for Education Loan of upto Rs. 7.75 Lacs? Is it necessary to submit any document for a Guarantor?
  16. Is it possible to show Brother-in-Law's IT file as a guarantor instead of father to apply for Bank Education Loan?
  17. Can I become guarantor against Bank Education Loan to study Abroad for both of my daughters?
  18. Should I have to mortgage property for applying an education loan of Rs. 20 Lacs for study in USA? Can I repay loan amount within 5 years after getting job?
18th February 2016, 03:25 AM
ArunavaBasu
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Whether Bank insist a guarantor against failing to repay the education loan amount?

Yes the bank will insist the guarantor to repay the Loan amount six months after the completion of your course.
If the Loan is more than Rs 4 lakhs then once you become a repeated defaulter then the bank can seize the collateral that has been shown.
This is the rule that is followed by all the Banks. If the guarantor can repay the EMIs then it will not be a problem.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?