13th October 2015, 03:30 PM
Unregistered

Being a Bank Ex-Officer my father can become a guarantor against Education Loan?

Hello Sir,
My name is Palak Khobragade. I am 12th passed with 75.4% marks in PCM. My father is an ex-Bank Officer and he had an annual income of Rs. 3.96 Lacs. I want to apply for Bank Education Loan now for B.Arch course as I have qualified in NATA. So, my father can become a guarantor?

Related Questions:
  1. Is it possible to show Brother-in-Law's IT file as a guarantor instead of father to apply for Bank Education Loan?
  2. Whether my father can become Guarantor for Education Loan if my brother is studying MBA through Education Loan?
  3. Whether a 3rd Party Guarantor must be an Account Holder of Bank for taking Education Loan? Is documents necessary to show by the Guarantor? A retired person can be a Guarantor?
  4. Is it possible to present my Brother-In-Law as a Guarantor to apply for Education Loan due to my father's death?
  5. What is the role of a Guarantor to apply for Bank Education Loan? -- [Most Discussed]
  6. Guarantor is eligible to get Education Loan for studying MBBS?
  7. Son of a government employee can get exemption in Education Loan?
  8. Whether my sister become Guarantor to apply for an Education Loan if my father died?
  9. Whether a retired person is eligible to become a Guarantor for Education Loan of upto Rs. 7.75 Lacs? Is it necessary to submit any document for a Guarantor?
  10. Can I become guarantor against Bank Education Loan to study Abroad for both of my daughters?
  11. How can I claim Tax Rebate on Education Loan taken by my father for my brother’s education?
  12. How can I claim Tax Rebate on Education Loan taken by my father for my brother’s education?
  13. Is Guarantor necessary to apply for Bank Education Loan of Rs. 3.5 Lacs to study Master's in Hospitality Management for 32 years old candidate?
  14. Can I apply for Education Loan to study MBA without any Guarantor being an Orphan?
  15. Can I get education loan of 7 lakhs from SBI bank after retirement of my father?
  16. Can I apply for an Education Loan with a mortgaged property? -- [New]
  17. Can I get Education Loan to study M.Tech without guarantor being an employee of Infosys?
  18. Can I apply for Bank Education Loan to study MS(HRD) in The University of Central Lancashire, UK if working in Dubai being an Indian? How much amount of Education Loan will be sanctioned without Guarantor?
17th October 2015, 07:27 PM
ArunavaBasu
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Being a Bank Ex-Officer my father can become a guarantor against Education Loan?

Yes your father can become a guarantor if the Bank feels according to his IT return that he is competent enough to return the Loan that the Bank will give for your studies.
It is entirely dependent on the Bank and the amount of Loan that you are applying for and the IT Return that you father has filled for the last financial year.
So make sure you visit the Branch of the Bank from where you want to take the Loan as soon as possible and you will be given all the details.
18th October 2015, 02:53 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Being a Bank Ex-Officer my father can become a guarantor against Education Loan?

Yes, your father can definitely become a guarantor ( co-borrower) of your education loan to meet the expense of your B.Arch course provided -

- Your father gets pension or
- Your father has property whose value is at par with the education loan ( The property can be land, house, vehicle, insurance, NSCs, fixed Deposits, etc.)
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?