10th September 2015, 12:27 PM
Unregistered

Whether my sister become Guarantor to apply for an Education Loan if my father died?

Hello Sir,
My Name is Sapna Kokney and I am completing my Graduation from Pune and I would like to pursue my MBA from Mumbai. I would like to apply for an Educational Loan for that purpose. My Dad had expired a couple of years back and my Mom is a housewife. I have an elder sister who is the earning member of our family. So can I keep her as my guarantor for applying my education loan. Awaiting your reply.

Related Questions:
  1. Whether my sister become Guarantor to apply for an Education Loan if my father died? -- [New]
  2. Whether my father can become Guarantor for Education Loan if my brother is studying MBA through Education Loan?
  3. Is it possible to present my Brother-In-Law as a Guarantor to apply for Education Loan due to my father's death?
  4. What is the role of a Guarantor to apply for Bank Education Loan? -- [Most Discussed]
  5. Guarantor is eligible to get Education Loan for studying MBBS?
  6. Whether a 3rd Party Guarantor must be an Account Holder of Bank for taking Education Loan? Is documents necessary to show by the Guarantor? A retired person can be a Guarantor?
  7. Can I apply for Education Loan to study MBA without any Guarantor being an Orphan?
  8. Son of a government employee can get exemption in Education Loan?
  9. Whether a retired person is eligible to become a Guarantor for Education Loan of upto Rs. 7.75 Lacs? Is it necessary to submit any document for a Guarantor?
  10. Can I make my Brother a Guarantor while applying for an Education Loan?
  11. Documents required to apply for Education Loan of Rs. 7.5 Lacs to study MBBS in Russia? Is it necessary to submit Property papers for a Guarantor?
  12. How can I apply to get Education Loan easily to study MBBS if my father is a serviceman in ECIL?
  13. What kind of benefits I will get to apply for Bank Education Loan for studying B.Tech being a female candidate?
  14. Can I apply for Education Loan if my father has taken Business Loan against Hotel property?
  15. How can I apply for Education Loan if my parents are retired?
  16. Is there any way of Tax Rebate against Education Loan of Rs. 305000?
  17. Is Guarantor necessary to apply for Bank Education Loan of Rs. 3.5 Lacs to study Master's in Hospitality Management for 32 years old candidate?
  18. How can I apply to get Bank Education Loan to study MS in USA without having any property?
18th September 2015, 07:23 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Whether my sister become Guarantor to apply for an Education Loan if my father died?

Yes, one can keep the guarantor as sister for availing educational loan.

For below Rs.4 lacs there is no need of collateral security to avail educational loan.

For above Rs. 4 lacs one must keep collateral security which is equal to 100% of the loan amount or third person guarantee who is known to the bank.

The third person guarantor must be the customer of the bank. The third person may be the guardian/ parent/ sister/ uncle etc..,
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?