31st August 2017, 10:50 PM
Unregistered

Why to choose education loan rather than a personal loan to study M.Tech?

I am BE EEE graduate and would like to study M.Tech from SRM University so, I need loan from bank. Please tell me why do I have to choose education loan rather than a personal loan?

Related Questions:
  1. Is it possible to convert a Personal Loan to an Education Loan?
  2. Is it difficult to get Education Loan to study MBA in India for a candidate who has taken Personal Loan?
  3. Is there any problem to apply for an Education Loan for a Personal Loan taker?
  4. Possibility to study B.Tech with Personal Loan if fail to achieve Bank Education Loan?
  5. Can I get Education Loan to study in India if holding a Personal Loan and Credit Cards?
  6. Can I get an Education Loan again to study M.E. if completed B.E. with an Education Loan?
  7. Should I apply for Personal Loan to study MBA if pursuing B.Tech through Education Loan?
  8. A B.Tech student who have already taken an education loan can take another loan for personal use?
  9. Can I get Education Loan to study MBA if taken Personal Loan and maintaining Credit Card?
  10. Will JIIT help me to apply for an Education Loan to study MTech?
  11. Possibility to get an education loan if already have taken personal loan? Terms and condition for it?
  12. Can I get another education loan to study in IIM if completed BE by taking loan?
  13. Possibility to change Personal Loan into Education Loan if applied in SBI to study B.Tech? -- [Most Discussed]
  14. Details of Axis Bank Education Loan Scheme for MTech aspirant? -- [New]
  15. Can I get Education Loan again to study in IIM if interest amount still unpaid?
  16. Can I get Education Loan again to study in IIM if interest amount is still unpaid?
  17. Whether Bank provides education loan to a candidate whose father has taken Personal Loan?
  18. Details of Marginal Scheme in Education Loan? Repayment modes of Education Loan?
8th September 2017, 07:55 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Why to choose education loan rather than a personal loan to study M.Tech?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am BE EEE graduate and would like to study M.Tech from SRM University so, I need loan from bank. Please tell me why do I have to choose education loan rather than a personal loan?

An important advantage of an Education loan is it comes with a moratorium period (repayment holiday for the borrower). In education loan moratorium period is the course duration + 1 year or 6 months after you get a job, whichever is earlier is given. But it is not possible in the personal loan. The interest rate for the education loan is lower than a personal loan interest rate. It is easier to get an education loan than a personal loan. Most of the banks provide longer tenure for repayment of education loan. There are also tax benefits available for the parents. Most of the banks do not charge any procession fee for the education loans. These are some of the advantages of education loan over personal loan to study M.Tech course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?