6th July 2010, 09:44 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Number of AIEEE and IIT JEE seats under OBC Quota?

i got 110000 in air and 27000 in obc catogery. what colleges can i expect???

Related Questions:
  1. What's the total number of seats filled through AIEEE ranklist? What's the total number of seats available in NIT? Last year cut off marks for the same?
  2. How many government seats of engineering are there in Haryana? Number of seats for OBC quota?
  3. Total number of seats in government colleges of JEE? Chances of getting education loan?
  4. Do I need to submit an OBC certificate to appear for IITJEE under OBC quota?
  5. Details regarding seats under management quota in IPU?
  6. How many times can a person give IIT JEE exam? List of top IIT JEE government colleges? Eligibility criteria for IIT JEE and AIEEE?
  7. Seat in Architecture after scoring 14018 in B.Arch entrance exam? Which colleges can I join by estimation?
  8. Is there ladies quota in IIT JEE?
  9. Can I get admission in NIT, Nagpur through Home State quota with 128 marks in JEE Main and 90% in Board exam? Expected rank through OBC and female quota?
  10. Reservation quota for NCC cadets with C certificate in IIT JEE?
  11. Will my OBC quota from Assam be considered in Madhya Pradesh for AIEEE?
  12. Admission after 2113 rank in CUSAT?
  13. Is there a provision of Sports quota in JEE exams? -- [New]
  14. Number of seats available for sports quota in Anna university? List of Anna University colleges having seats for sports quota?
  15. Which are the best engineering colleges in which I can get after scoring 55 marks in AIEEE in OBC quota?
  16. Would I consider under OBC and state quota(Andhra Pradesh) both in AIEEE? I have done my entire education from AP but have OBC certificate from Orissa
  17. Can I get admission for civil engineering after scoring 48%
  18. Model question papers for railway recruitment cell post?
7th July 2010, 05:01 PM
kshitijawadhiya

Quote:
Originally Posted by selvamkalpu View Post
Sir, may i have the number of seats allotted under obc quota in AIEEE IITJEE under 27 percent including the new colleges in to account
the number of seats in IIT for obc kota is 2570 to be exact
cut off for it was 171 this year
in aieee
it solely depends on college
but atleast all nits are having 27% obc reservation.
7th July 2010, 06:45 PM
Unregistered

which best college can i get in air 14784??
12th July 2010, 09:35 PM
Unregistered

in aieee whether should i consider all india rank or my obc rank
13th July 2010, 02:14 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
First of all your AIR is important always AIR will be the priority for Admission.

OBC will relax you in cutoff's and seat allotments as there are 27% seat reserved for OBC cndidates otherwise in the whole Councelling your AIR will play the major role.
13th July 2010, 02:39 PM
Shagun Makin

Quote:
Sir, may i have the number of seats allotted under obc quota in AIEEE IITJEE under 27 percent including the new colleges in to account
Dear friend,

It depends from college to college and there is always some seats reserved for all categories like SC,ST and OBC in every college of IIT and AIEEE.

So go for it.

You will surely get a seat.
13th July 2010, 03:54 PM
yatsra

there is 47% quota altogether for obc and sc at iit.
but in aieee colleges,not all is there as they govt. self financed.
so,try out at iit ,you have near about 5000 seats.
13th July 2010, 10:36 PM
vanshu sharma

Thumbs up Re: Number of AIEEE and IIT JEE seats under OBC Quota?

Dear there is about 27 % reservation in IIT JEE
but exact no. of seats is not clear bcz it depends upon the total no of clges under IIT JEE
13th July 2010, 11:31 PM
ansh_ansh
Senior Member++++

you have to submitte all document very clearly either you wil disqualify.
Just wait and watch and hope for best result.In every college there are 27% for OBC quota.The IIT papers consist of variety of questions including objective types, multiple choice, numerical, passage based and single choice questions,
1st August 2010, 11:04 PM
Unregistered

Sir I have scored 46% in PCM and best of five 52%. My AIEEE rank is 39492 and state rank is 1133 but due to my low percentage in PCM I m not getting admission in any college.
Sir please suggest me some colleges where I can get admission in B-tech in westbengal. My email id is [email protected]
2nd August 2010, 04:19 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Sir I have scored 46% in PCM and best of five 52%. My AIEEE rank is 39492 and state rank is 1133 but due to my low percentage in PCM I m not getting admission in any college.
Sir please suggest me some colleges where I can get admission in B-tech in westbengal. My email id is [email protected]

Dear, you wont get Admission in Any College in West Bengal, it is impossible. Even if seats will remain vacant instead of that any college will not provide you admissiom.

Thats because your PErcentage in PCM is 46%, is below the the criteria for getting admission in any college in Bengal. At least 50% aggregate is required for it.

Even a TOPPER of AIEEE or WBJEE will not get admission if he/she having less then 50% in PCM.

Only the way left is that you have to Migrat to other state.

Just go to Banglore, there are various Institute which has minimum requirement of 45% aggregate in PCM.

Try in colleges like-

M.V.J. College of Engineering

R.V.College of Engineering

BMSCE Engineering college

AMC Engineering college.
2nd August 2010, 05:24 PM
ravi6

hello dear,
AIEEE many colleges like NITs include in every year there are no any exact information about seat in colleges under AIEEE, as you know that 27% reservation for OBC students, so for number of seat in AIEEE you will know after visit the official website of AIEEE. www.aieee.nic.in.
also link with iit website for detail of OBC seats in IIT.

REGARDS
ravi6
2nd August 2010, 07:04 PM
Rickers

Hello professionals,

Every IIT has 27% of OBC reservation including the SC/ST reservation.So each IIT have number of seat for OBC/SC/ST.

For AIEEE there are 15% of seat in every colleges,in which 27% for sc/st/obc are reserved.
2nd August 2010, 07:47 PM
Somesh Goenka
Senior Member+++

Quote:
i belong to sc ,i got 53 marks in aieee 2010 ;can i get manit bhopal
Hello,

Kindly tell me your Rank, it is not possible to say whether you got a seat or not upon your marks obtained.
2nd August 2010, 07:49 PM
sreenilaya.1

sir i have scored 106 marks in aieee b.arch n my all india rank is 51570 n state rank is 11301 in genrel catogery could i get seat in any good college.
plzzzzzzzzzzzz rply me sir.
2nd August 2010, 07:50 PM
Somesh Goenka
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Hello,

It would be best if you consider you AIR first.
But if according to your OBC rank you are getting a good college, then it would be better that you consider your OBC rank. Being an OBC candidate is advantageous in many ways for education in India.

Good Luck!
2nd August 2010, 07:53 PM
sreenilaya.1

sir i got 51570 rank in aieee b.arch it is my all india rank in genrel n state rank is 13343 iam from andhra pradesh n my inter pecentage is 50% can i get seat in any good college sir.

plz suggest me some good colleges form my rank in which i can seat plz sir....
2nd August 2010, 08:18 PM
prathamesh22

yes you will get admission in any college my score was only 5 i got admission in BVCOE
2nd August 2010, 09:20 PM
rajanivedha

i think 27% for iit and aieee is a vast thing for fetching data is impossible ... posts are already there please check out
2nd August 2010, 10:56 PM
adityabhushan

Quote:
we know that IIT's have 27% seats reserved for OBC (Non-creamy layer) candidates.

And now we have have total 17 IIT's with total intake of 8,295 (in 2009) out of which there were 872 or 880 were selected as OBC (non-creamy layer) candidates.

Here one Question arises !

If total 8,295 seats where available in 17 IIT's in 2009 then why only 872 or 880 where selected for OBC even when 27% of 8295 is equal to 2240(approx). So why only 872 or 880 has been selected for the same???

Let me make things more clear.....

IITB: toatal 746 seats available, so 27% means near about 201 (approx) for OBC quota.
IITk: total 702 seats available, so 27% means near about 189 (approx) for OBC quota.
IITM: total 713 seats available, so 27% means near about 192 (approx) for OBC quota.
IITD: total 721 seats available, so 27% means near about 202 (approx) for OBC quota.
IITKgh: tatal 1138 seats available, so 27% means near about 307 (approx) for OBC quota.
IITR: total 1013 seats available ,so 27% means near about 273 (approx) for OBC quota.
IITG:total 498 seats available so 27% means near about 134 (approx) for OBC quota.
IT-BHU: total 881 seats available,so 27% means near about 237 (approx) for OBC quota.
ISM,Dhanbad: total 923 seats available,so 27% means near about 250 (approx) OBC qouta.
IIT,bhubaneshwar: total 120 seats availble so 27% means near about 34 (approx) for OBC qouta.
IIT,gandhinagar: total 120 seats availble so 27% means near about 34 (approx) for OBC qouta.
IIT, patna: total 120 seats availble so 27% means near about 34 (approx) for OBC qouta.
IIT,hydrabad: total 120 seats availble so 27% means near about 34 (approx) for OBC qouta.
IIT,roper: total 120 seats availble so 27% means near about 34 (approx) for OBC qouta.
IIT,rajisthan: total 120 seats availble so 27% means near about 34 (approx) for OBC qouta.
IIT,indore: total 120 seats availble so 27% means near about 34 (approx) for OBC qouta.
IIT,mandi: total 120 seats availble so 27% means near about 34 (approx) for OBC qouta.

Total 72,000 candidates appeared for IITJEE as OBC candidates out of which 1,130 candidates crack JEE and where shortlisted for councelling for OBC quota in 2009 out of which 1,024 came for councelling and near about 872 or 880 where selected for OBC quota.

Students disqualifies because they are not able to produce OBC (Non-creamy layer) certifcate in proper format.

AIEEE

There are hundreds of institutes under AIEEE so it is impossible to provide DATA. Only thing is that there 27% seats reserved in all NIT's, IIIT's and other Institutes of National Importance.

Note: all statistics discussed above are analysis of IITJEE-2009. Hope you will be satisfied with the answer.
2nd August 2010, 11:30 PM
vikas2808

Cool Re: Number of AIEEE and IIT JEE seats under OBC Quota?

as for your cocern ............

there is 27% reservation for obc candidate in both iit and aieee ........

for aieee the college increasses their seats according to their strength every year......so we can not exactly say the seats in aieee.........

for iit at least 2600 seats avilable for obc candidate by obc kota.....
3rd August 2010, 01:18 AM
sreenilaya.1

Quote:
u should concider ur all india rank itself...
ALL THE BEST FOR UR GREAT FUTURE.
3rd August 2010, 08:41 AM
sumansaurabh7988

AIEEE doesn't disclose the number of candidates it will call for counselling. So, it is not clear yet.
As per Govt. rules, the quota under OBC category has now become 27%.
For more details you can visit www.aieee.nic.in.
3rd August 2010, 06:06 PM
Rickers

Hello,
Yes, every college/university had 27% reserved seat under SC/ST/OBC.
the number of seats depends on your choice of branch in selected college.
if want to take admission in any good colleges you go through their official cite.
Thank you.
5th August 2010, 11:01 PM
sreenilaya.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickers View Post
Hello,
Yes, every college/university had 27% reserved seat under SC/ST/OBC.
the number of seats depends on your choice of branch in selected college.
if want to take admission in any good colleges you go through their official cite.
Thank you.
hello rickers, can u answer form my question plz iam need of some suggetion
6th August 2010, 03:03 AM
Jitendra malviya

Location: 8-bhawani shri lakshya , chhatrasal nagar ,phase 1 ,Bhopal(M.P.),462023

there are 2200 (apx) seats are present in IIT for OBC Quota..

and 6800 (apx) seats are present in AIEEE for OBC Quota..

good luck
17th August 2010, 11:49 PM
hsakapandit
Banned

Location: Vill. and Post Office Katrain, Near Shiv Temple, Distt. and Teh. Kullu (Himachal Pradesh) India

Hsakapandit
Thanks

IITB: toatal 746 seats available, so 27% means near about 201 (approx) for OBC quota.
IITk: total 702 seats available, so 27% means near about 189 (approx) for OBC quota.
IITM: total 713 seats available, so 27% means near about 192 (approx) for OBC quota.
IITD: total 721 seats available, so 27% means near about 202 (approx) for OBC quota.
IITKgh: tatal 1138 seats available, so 27% means near about 307 (approx) for OBC quota.
IITR: total 1013 seats available ,so 27% means near about 273 (approx) for OBC quota.
IITG:total 498 seats available so 27% means near about 134 (approx) for OBC quota.
IT-BHU: total 881 seats available,so 27% means near about 237 (approx) for OBC quota.
ISM,Dhanbad: total 923 seats available,so 27% means near about 250 (approx) OBC qouta.
IIT,bhubaneshwar: total 120 seats availble so 27% means near about 34 (approx) for OBC qouta.
IIT,gandhinagar: total 120 seats availble so 27% means near about 34 (approx) for OBC qouta.
IIT, patna: total 120 seats availble so 27% means near about 34 (approx) for OBC qouta.
IIT,hydrabad: total 120 seats availble so 27% means near about 34 (approx) for OBC qouta.
IIT,roper: total 120 seats availble so 27% means near about 34 (approx) for OBC qouta.
IIT,rajisthan: total 120 seats availble so 27% means near about 34 (approx) for OBC qouta.
IIT,indore: total 120 seats availble so 27% means near about 34 (approx) for OBC qouta.
IIT,mandi: total 120 seats availble so 27% means near about 34 (approx) for OBC qouta.

In this I will say that the OBC get 27% Quota in any field what ever it is Engineering or what.
18th August 2010, 04:56 PM

you can go to CBSE website and check in availble seats. You will get information by college wise as well as by brach wise.
18th August 2010, 07:25 PM
Adarshxxx
Senior Member+

There are 27% reserved seats for IIT and AIEEE seats under OBC quota........but in prvate colleges there is no such reservation........
2nd September 2010, 11:27 AM
kshitijawadhiya

Quote:
atleast 15000 seats in obc kota in aieee
and 2570 seats in IIT under 27% reservation
6th September 2010, 09:25 PM
Unregistered

i need the format of obc cerficate plz reply me on [email protected]
7th September 2010, 01:12 AM
mini rani
Senior Member++

HI!

In both IITs & AIEEE there is 27% reservation for students belonging to OBC category (non creamy layer) as mandated by the government.

Since every year some new colleges are brought within the ambit of AIEEE so it is difficult to mention the exact no. of seats reserved for OBC candidates.

There are 17 IITs in India & the student intake of each IIT is different. So, it is better to visit the individual IIT websites & find out the no. of seats reserved for OBC students.
7th September 2010, 11:18 AM
chaitu667

Hello friend!

As we know there is 27% of reservation for OBC quota and this can be increased or decreased as per the Government of India's order. But every year the number of seats available are changing because of the extra branches are adding or the total strength of the institutes changes. It cant be same every year, so if you are intrested to get updated with the information, please visit the official websites of AIEEE and IIT.

Good luck!
7th September 2010, 11:59 AM
meeria

Dear friend

IITs are implementing the last phase of the 27% reservation for OBC candidates this year.
The IITs had set aside 2,570 seats for OBCs
Of the 2,570 seats under the OBC category, 78 (around 3%) are reserved for students with physical disabilities. Of the remaining 2,492

IIT colleges are

IIT Kharagpur Kharagpur West Bengal
IIT Bombay Mumbai Maharashtra
IIT Madras Chennai Tamil Nadu
IIT Kanpur Kanpur Uttar Pradesh
IIT Delhi New Delhi New Delhi
IIT Guwahati Guwahati Assam
IIT Roorkee Roorkee Uttrakhand
IIT Ropar Rupnagar Punjab
IIT Bhubaneshwar Bhubaneshwar Orissa
IIT Hyderabad Hyderabad Andhra Pradesh
IIT Gandhinagar Gandhinagar Gujarat
IIT Patna Patna Bihar
IIT Rajasthan Jodhpur Rajasthan
IIT Indore Indore Madhya Pradesh
IIT Mandi Mandi Himachal Pradesh
IIT (BHU) Varanasi Uttar Pradesh

all the best.................
24th October 2010, 02:05 AM
Unregistered

plse tell me the best mba college in the whole world
28th October 2010, 07:36 PM
Unregistered

Default What if obc 27% seats are full in JEE ? what about the rest of the OBCians?

will the student be treated as general and will b given AIR on that basis???
10th November 2010, 07:20 PM
rnthakare

I am going to appear IITJEE in 2011. I belong to OBC quota ( non cremy layer)
I want know if I fail to submit OBC quota ( non cremy layer)certificate.Whether I can eligible for general quota admission if I qualify in general .
22nd December 2010, 02:42 PM
Unregistered

required all india rank for obc to get nit
19th January 2011, 07:23 PM
abhimanyu2688

27.3% of the total seats under ITT and AIEEE are reserved for the candidates belonging to the OBC category.
20th January 2011, 05:31 PM
quddus

Hi friend,
There are 27% seats are reserved for OBC candidates in IIT.
All the best!
1st February 2011, 02:11 PM
Unregistered

how much rank do i need to crack in good institutes for mca..?
and i am a obc student
28th February 2011, 01:32 AM
danish_khurana

Cool Re: Number of AIEEE and IIT JEE seats under OBC Quota?

for IIT JEE, ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:

For OBC candidates belonging to non-creamy layer, 27% seats are reserved in each programme in all the IITs, IT-BHU Varanasi and ISM Dhanbad. Candidates belonging to this category are qualified on the basis of a relaxed criterion

for AIEEE, there is same ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA as in IIT JEE.
3rd May 2011, 12:41 AM
Unregistered

sir,I GOT 80 MARKS IN AIEEE2011 WHICH RANK CAN I EXPECT? PLEASE REPLY
8th May 2011, 11:56 AM
Unregistered

i am an obc student and i am getting 110 marks in aieee 2011 can i get nit college
11th May 2011, 12:07 PM
Unregistered

Smile Re: Number of AIEEE and IIT JEE seats under OBC Quota?

Quote:
My rank in IIT is 2064(OBC) can I get seat in IITs
yes my dear u can get happily seat in iits
17th May 2011, 11:47 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
my overall rank in aieee is 394233 and obc rank is 9305 and
in tamilnadu ,state rank is 114475 and obc rank is 4818
did i get seat in any colleges in south india...
pls tell
go to hell.i m ashmed of ur rank.shiii.despite of being obc u didin't qualified.life is not for u ,so die too early to decrease population
23rd May 2011, 06:52 PM
Unregistered

sir i got 80 marks(obc) in aieee 2011. can i get any seat in south india?
24th May 2011, 12:47 PM
Unregistered

m expecting around 78-80 marks in aieee wat cud b my gen. an obc rank........?????wud i get a seat in any gud private institute........?????
24th May 2011, 12:52 PM
Unregistered

m expecting 78 marks in aieee 2011.................can i get a seat in b.tech for cse in a reputed college?????????
28th May 2011, 04:07 PM
Unregistered

sir i have got 2181(obc)rank in iitjee 2011,which iit i can expect.please suggest me.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?