1st July 2010, 11:29 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Engineering branch best suited for girls?

is applied electronics and instrumentation best for girls
2nd July 2010, 01:24 AM
gaurav goel

hi,
for engineering,,girls should go for biotechnology.
thanx
2nd July 2010, 11:13 AM
rniveditha

hmm..look...
girls have lots of scope nowadys.....
i prefer electronics n communication,computer sciences,or it
these are god..
but if u are interested in mechanical u can opt for it..
but mechanical for me..is the lat option for girls
2nd July 2010, 12:52 PM
Malsi

Quote:
Originally Posted by salonirmehta View Post
Which is the best engineering branch suited for girls?

Please dont feel low wen it comes to ur gender.
Remembr Woman is d creator of the world!!
So u tak up any branch it doesnt mattr untl u put on ur efforts.
U might hav heard that mech isnt a branch for galz and all..evn i faced d same problmz but m studying MECH!!!
So not to worry bout gender go 4 wat u lyk....!!!
and engineering is not d only option...'

ALL THE BEST
2nd July 2010, 04:59 PM
Hitha Nanjappa

Dear friend... Telling you from my experience.. the branch you opt depends on your aptitute for the subject.. im doin my BE-mechanical.. initially, many ppl adviced me not to opt for it... but i went with my heart since i have a liking for "Pure application oriented subject".. mech and civil are the only 3 subjects where you can SEE what you have applied.. unlike CS or IS.. if you are good at :
Physics: go for mech or civil
programming: CS, IS, EC
circuits: electricals, electronics
Biology: biotech etc...
at the end.. it all depends on your interest...
we are only 3 girls in a class of 73... and i can proudly tell you... we girls are the depatment toppers..!!!

Decide wisely.... all the best.. god bless..!!!
2nd July 2010, 07:47 PM
vidh
Senior Member+

Dear friend,
all yhe branches of electronics is good but go upon your interests , all having scopes and best for girls.
2nd July 2010, 08:37 PM
Unregistered

Hi,
I will not go into some social discussion, rather I would like to put some facts. There are some colleges who do not allow mining for girls. Please check for the same if you are applying for that with the college. Also there is general trend observed is that girls do not go for the engineering branches like mechanical, production etc. However, girls more likely prefer Electrical, Electronics, Computers etc. & also chemical & IT.
3rd July 2010, 11:39 AM
Unregistered

I was interested in aeronautics. But our college offers only ece,cse,civil,chemical,mec,material branches. All the members say that mechanical engineering is not suitable for girls. plz suggest me which branch is most preferable for me.
3rd July 2010, 11:47 AM
Unregistered

my name is manasa.i am just completed my 12th. now i would like to join in the engg. i am interesting in the CSE. but my friends said that "CSE is very difficult you can't do this branch".but i want to do the CSE. i know the basics of the computer. i don't know about the computer languages like java,c,c .but i know something about the python. i am only afraid about the languages. is it easy or difficult.
"plz, give me the suggestion sir"

" thank you sir"
3rd July 2010, 01:05 PM
Malsi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi,
I will not go into some social discussion, rather I would like to put some facts. There are some colleges who do not allow mining for girls. Please check for the same if you are applying for that with the college. Also there is general trend observed is that girls do not go for the engineering branches like mechanical, production etc. However, girls more likely prefer Electrical, Electronics, Computers etc. & also chemical & IT.
Heyy...
I appreciate for the concern u hav shown in the discussion.
This trend has been put up since ages that girls are best suited for CS IS and EnC..But watz d harm in choosin wat u lyk...If u aint good in programming den ul be d worst software engineer evr..
Instead if u choose some practical n field work lyk MECH if u r good at d production thng then gender shudnt mattr i suppose..
Anywayz MECH ENGINEERS nevr do any physcl work wen dey r passd ot frm d colleg...Agreed in the college ul hav some mechanical stuff!!!
But when u have a affinity for that branch den i wud JZ GO 4 IT...
I am a mechanical engineer and no offence i hav been toping d branch regardless of the strength of boys in our class
3rd July 2010, 03:23 PM
Shagun Makin

Quote:
As it has been seen that most girls want to do the government job which suits them the most.
As in "Electrical and Electronics"branch it has been seen there are lot of government job.

And it also depends on interest that if you are interested to deal with computer software then you should prefer CS or IT.
3rd July 2010, 05:00 PM
pinnache

today girls are going in every field.
metallurgy is strictly prohibited in india,otherwise all are ok.
4th July 2010, 03:45 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
I was interested in aeronautics. But our college offers only ece,cse,civil,chemical,mec,material branches. All the members say that mechanical engineering is not suitable for girls. plz suggest me which branch is most preferable for me.
ECE is considered best for girls it offers most opportunities in govt. jobs which girls find comfortable but If you like mec then join it , its good , good job opportunities also the only prob you'll have is that there wont be many girls in your class I dont think that matters anyways
But Yes ECE is considered better for girls
5th July 2010, 11:09 AM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Quote:

If you are interested in Aeronautics then dont let your Interest to get compromised with obstacles in the way.

If your college dont have that branch and if you are really interested in it then better is to change the college, otherwise if you want to compromise or dont want to change the college then CSE & ECE are best option suited for Girls.

Quote:
my name is manasa.i am just completed my 12th. now i would like to join in the engg. i am interesting in the CSE. but my friends said that "CSE is very difficult you can't do this branch".but i want to do the CSE. i know the basics of the computer. i don't know about the computer languages like java,c,c .but i know something about the python. i am only afraid about the languages. is it easy or difficult.

" thank you sir"
No Problem...........!

Every year India produces more or less 40,000+ Computer Engineers out of which 15,000+ are not aware of programing Languages because of being from different background where they had'nt option to learn CS.

And that does'nt means that 15K students dont able to study CSE or score bad in there semesters.

I have seen hundreds of students those who have even dont know the proper use of Google and today are best CSE engineers.

For Example:- A student who was from a small Village of Bengal, his father was News Paper seller, the was studing in Municiple Corporation school, where there was nothing to do with Computer. Today he is studing in R.L.Jallapa in 40% scholarship because of his excellent Result in 1st and 2nd semester.

The thing is in which you have Interest and what really you want to achieve in life.

Regards
~Faiyaz~
5th July 2010, 11:20 AM
kshitijawadhiya

this girl boy disscusion is very crap...
one shud prefer branch of his/her choice..
5th July 2010, 12:38 PM
rohitkumarramesh
Senior Member++++

Its up to you which branch you like most and in which field you can do your best.Its not necessary that the girls have to chose a particular field only. but if you want i suggest you to take computer science or electronics . as mostly the girls will go to these branches.
6th July 2010, 02:12 PM
VINODH PANCHAPAKESAN

Quote:

" thank you sir"
Dear Manasa,
Different people say different views as they experienced. If you show your full interest on what you gonna study, then sure you will succeed. Those who blame it as difficult wouldnt have concentrated much or they would not have any interest in those subject. Upto my knowledge, most of the students who took Biology/Science group in 12th have succeeded well in CS engg and working in Software company. Having interest in CS and knowing basics, why cant you shine?? Dont think anything as difficult. Take it easy and achieve your target. All the best!!!!!Hope you understand
7th July 2010, 07:56 AM
gohan4

HELLO
For girls best trade is
IT and CSE both are good other than mechanical and etc.
7th July 2010, 01:03 PM
Unregistered

Iam a average student but I interested in chemistry so I choose chemical engineering it is better or not(myself Iam a girl)?please give me reply
7th July 2010, 02:30 PM
Unregistered

hi friends
i think the only opt that girls generally prefer are CSE ,ECE OR IT.But it totaly depend on ur choices and ur interest in that field. so its upto u nd best of luck for ur future.
take care
13th July 2010, 08:34 PM
Unregistered

does e&i branch suits for girls?or does it take many physical work like that.can anyone plz respond me..........
14th July 2010, 07:04 PM
VINODH PANCHAPAKESAN

Quote:
I'm a girl of interest in Mechanical engineering? I want to choose that branch.It's write or wrong
Hi,

Normally most of the girls wont prefer Mechanical Engineering as they feel it is difficult . Only less amount of girls will be there in Mechanical dept compared to other departments. Mechanical dept has a evergreen scope. So, nothing wrong in it. Be an exception for other girls who dont have interest in Mechanical field and create some Record in Future by becoming Lady Manager in Mechanical dept:-) All the best.....
15th July 2010, 01:48 AM
nitishinmit
Senior Member+

hi friend
there is no such thing that a girl should take this branch in engineering,a girl can chose any of the branch which she think is interesting for her.................
15th July 2010, 10:16 AM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello dear

in this present world girls gets equal priority campare to boys.

but some how core jobs are very turf for girls.so it is better to avoid core branches.

so i think CSE,ECE,IT are the best choice for girls.as in this trade girls will gets job in IT sector.so this jobs are very easy for girls.

best of luck........
16th July 2010, 12:04 AM
Unregistered

what is best for girls?? engeneering or medicle?
16th July 2010, 12:12 AM
kshitijawadhiya

Quote:
gone are the days when girls were thought too be too childish for engg.
you can take any branch of you choice ....
need not worry about future
usually girls prefer biotech as it is a bit easy
16th July 2010, 10:52 AM
ashishdasgupta

Talking Re: Engineering branch best suited for girls?

Electronics and Telecommunication

best for girls as there is always a need for back office support in Telecom which girls can understand and deliver more effectively than boys.
16th July 2010, 01:03 PM
Unregistered

CIVIL ENGG IS GOOD FOR GIRLS OR NOT??
16th July 2010, 11:44 PM
N.MD.AZHARUDDIN
Senior Member+

yes girls have better scope in engineering than the arts an science group..... most of the gals choose IT , CSE AND EEE...... In these field girls get good jobs with excellent salary.................
16th July 2010, 11:54 PM
sharad3010

Wink Re: Engineering branch best suited for girls?

Quote:
i think dat every branch is good fr girls as in dis society now girls are equal to boys but yes some branches are easier fr girls
dey are cse it ce
rest others hav some extra input to be given
17th July 2010, 02:07 AM
ansh_ansh
Senior Member++++

girls wont prefer Mechanical Engineering as they feel it is difficult . Only less amount of girls will be there in Mechanical dept compared to other departments. Mechanical dept has a evergreen scope. So, nothing wrong in it. Be an exception for other girls who dont have interest in Mechanical field,
17th July 2010, 11:34 AM
samratguha

hi friend.
every stream is better in their respective manner.its upto your liking on any particular stream or subject.its very difficult to say which will be better stream for girls but the stream which is good (according to me) is electronics and comm. and is the most popular stream all over the world.
17th July 2010, 11:31 PM
Unregistered

how can i know which branch i am interested i am interested in construction and also in aeronautics
18th July 2010, 06:06 PM
sharmila jain

Quote:
hi..
see dont underestimate yourself ...girls are not less than boys they are equal rather i will say they are more than boys..
its you who to decide that in which subject you are interested ..dont choose the subject seeing your friends or for wish of anyone...think cooly and opt for your intersted subject ..all branches are good ..all the best..
3rd August 2010, 11:09 PM
Unregistered

Smile Re: Engineering branch best suited for girls?

Believe me Information Technology...Good careeer
sat n sun off wen u started working, All jobs are in big cities
n u'll find all charming guys there
5th August 2010, 04:24 AM
Jitendra malviya

Location: 8-bhawani shri lakshya , chhatrasal nagar ,phase 1 ,Bhopal(M.P.),462023

CS and EC branch is best suited for girls.

because girls can easily work on computer at any fix place or companies..

good luck..
6th August 2010, 07:29 PM
Unregistered

THERE IS NO ANY TRADE DIFFICULT FOR GIRLS.
9th August 2010, 10:41 PM
parhitoshika
Senior Member+

hi,
biotechnology has lot of scope from engg. to degree courses.
they have a tremendous application to move on with other it courses.
this is a emerging field for girls to move on.
10th August 2010, 02:40 AM
Sushant Roy
Senior Member++++

I think IT is a best stream as far it is considered for girls, because:

1. Here there is no restriction for female in job profile unlike in case of mechanical , civil and sometimes ECE and electrical.
2. Girls in this sector are preferred sometimes because they can be recruited at comparatively less compasation.
3. This IT job profile would give the job in ideal work environment.
4. Gaining marks is an easy task in IT branch as compare to other branches because it consists of less no of subjects and some typical subjects of CSE branch like automata..... have been eliminated form course.
10th August 2010, 10:05 AM
ravi k
Senior Member+

dear frnd
i think suitable branches for girls in engg. r cse,it,ece.bt in these days the girls r taking admission in ee& me branch also.......
good luck.
20th August 2010, 11:04 AM
Unregistered

hey dis is vidushi & want 2 ask that i hve taken civil is their is any problem for girls in this branch..& it can be good for girls...plz reply me...
20th August 2010, 11:45 PM
Adarshxxx
Senior Member+

Dear frend,
there is no such branch that is best suited either to boys or to girls...so plz dont underestimate yourself........now a days girls stand side by side to boys........
Good Luck!!!!!!!
21st August 2010, 11:21 PM
richa420
Banned

Red face Re: Engineering branch best suited for girls?

frnd

best suited branch for girls is as follows :

a) cse
b) ece
c)electical
d) biotechnology

e)food technology

thank u
21st August 2010, 11:50 PM
richa420
Banned

frnd
best suited branch for girls r as follows

1)cse
2) electrical
3) ECE
4) Biotechnology

5)Fodtechnology

thank u
22nd August 2010, 01:46 PM
cenaetion
Senior Member+

dear friend,

First of all , i want to say that you have no confident in yourself, that is why you asking this type of question.. don't lost confidence, u can take any branch.. it is your interest, in which field you want to go..

so, be brave and just go for that.. now a days there is no difference in boys and girls.. girls are everywhere..starting from general field to defense...

but as you want to know which is the best suited branch for you, then i will suggest you to go for, Computer sc., ECE...

again i m telling you go for that field in which you want to be.. there is no restriction for girls...

all the best..
30th August 2010, 12:19 PM
Unregistered

I have opted IT does it has good scope?
31st August 2010, 01:14 AM
Raj333

dear friend
best suited Engineering branch for girls are
IT
CSE
ECE
EE
BIOTEHNOLOGY
FASHION TECHNOLOGY
BEST OF LUCK...........................................
31st August 2010, 12:47 PM
KHAN20

Thumbs up Re: Engineering branch best suited for girls?

dear friend
according to my opinion any software would be best selection for girls.i think so because if she choose core branch then she get jobs in core sector.and in core sector she has to do very hard work.bt if she choose software branch then no more hard work r there. for girls software branches r
1.CSE
2.IT
3.ECE
4.EIE
etc.
and if she is interested to go in core sector then core branches r
1.MECHANICAL
2.ELECTRICAL.
3.CIVIL
4.PRODUCTION.
etc.
so take decission & make ur future bright.
good luck.
31st August 2010, 02:56 PM
Bishwajit Giri
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend,
There are so many branches in Engineering.
but according to me the girls should not select the Mechanical,Civil,Marine,Production engineering stream.

So, they should select Computer Sc.,Information Technology,Electronics & Communication stream.

Good luck.
31st August 2010, 11:58 PM
Rickers

Hello,

See all the branch in the engineering having some its own importance. the selection of branch will be take by the field of interest.
however the best branch for a girl candidate will be either computer science or Information technology.
But the final choice is yours select the branch as you wish to study.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?