15th July 2011, 09:11 AM
Unregistered

Which branch to choose in engineering? Which one is better for girls?

i want to decide my future,,i love to do enginering..but i am bein confused to go for which branch..can u suggest me which branch is beat for a girls carrer and which branch would lead to good employement.plzz suggest me

25th July 2011, 08:30 AM
jits
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Which branch to choose in engineering? Which one is better for girls?

There's nothing as such that some of the Engineering streams are restricted for girls or will be a better option.Women have entered into all sectors of Engineering and of course they secure good job's after completing their Engineering course.Some of them feel uncomfortable in particular streams because they even need physical strength.Some streams like EEE,Mechanical and Civil are not chosen by girls because they feel uncomfortable in it.All these three sectors mentioned above are of the core industry side hence women normally doesn't prefer it much.

Streams like CSE,ECE,IT are chosen by girls because it doesn't involve much of physical strength.In any Engineering college you will find the number of the girls entering in CSE, ECE, IT sector much more when compared with EEE and Mechanical.All the Engineering streams are different from each other hence please have a brief idea about each course and join in the group which your interested in.

All the groups have their own up's and down's but streams like Mechanical, Electrical and Electronics have higher job options in Government sector when compared to the Computer Science students.
25th July 2011, 09:22 AM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which branch to choose in engineering? Which one is better for girls?

hi dear

Engineering is a good option for now,

many jobs are there for all branches.

all branch is good for future,

but depends on you whuich is good for you?

Branch like:-

*electrical engg.

*electronics engg

* computer science

*information technology

*chemical engg

*instrumention engg

*civil engg.

* mechanical engg.

all are good ......................
25th July 2011, 10:03 AM
nambardar
Senior Member+

Smile Re: Which branch to choose in engineering? Which one is better for girls?

Every branch has its own value in own area.
there is no a particular branch is useless.the main thing is that what should you do and in which line you make your best carrier.

if we talk about the engieering branches then the IT (information tech.) is the most suitable trade for girls. this is also helpful for girls.

there are a most reason behind of this is that the girls have a sweet voice as compared to the men.
so, this is the main advantages for you in the information tech. trade.
there is a high package for girls in this side.

after it,
i suggested you to choose your branch as per your interst, in which you make your bright future.

always remind this IF THERE IS A WILL , THERE IS A WAY.
thanks..
25th July 2011, 10:46 AM
aswini 29011994

my cut off mark is 99.5 can get admission in anna university
25th July 2011, 10:48 AM
arvind_singh
Banned

Almost all branches are good to get you a very good job if you are good in communication and you have a very good technical knowledge .But still some people thinks that there are some branches which are very good in terms of getting jobs.Some of the engineering branches where a student can pursue his graduation are ::

Electronics and communication
Electrical engineering .
Computer science.
Information technology .
Mechanical engineering .
Bio technology.
Automobile engineering.

And all these branches are also good for girls but still girls prefer to join computer engineering and information technology and bio technology. So if you want to pursue engineering and worry about your branches then do not worry of you are good then everything will be fine and definitely you till get a very good job .

To get admission to good engineering colleges you can take AIEEE,IITJEE or other state exams .these exams will help you to get admission in good government colleges to private colleges where placement record is better then other colleges.
25th July 2011, 11:49 AM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
See, every branch has good future prospect..
It is totally depends upon personal interest to choose a branch in engineering..

As you are a girl, and girls are don't like to stay out in the sun , so you can choose departments like -

Computer science
Information Technology
Electrical..

According to me these are the best stream for girls..
after completion of your B.tech in any of these stream you can get a job in IT sectors also in govt. sectors..

So go for it..

All the best.
25th July 2011, 12:32 PM
yashwar sharma S.G.
Senior Member++

ENGINEERING FIELD

The word, engineering has lots of meaning and in fact,it has many fields of its own. Well,being a girl doesnot mean that you cant take this and that,you can also take any course you like according to what you have opted for.

You can take these branches as it would be somewhat comfortable for you;

Information technology
Computer sc and technology
Fashion technology

good luck..

regards,

yash
25th July 2011, 12:33 PM
yashwar sharma S.G.
Senior Member++

Wink Re: Which branch to choose in engineering? Which one is better for girls?

ENGINEERING FIELD

The word, engineering has lots of meaning and in fact,it has many fields of its own. Well,being a girl doesnot mean that you cant take this and that,you can also take any course you like according to what you have opted for.

You can take these branches as it would be somewhat comfortable for you;

Information technology
Fashion technology

good luck..

regards,

yash
25th July 2011, 02:03 PM
kumar96
Senior Member+

There are various branches in engineering but for girls some branches are best as-

Computer engineering
Information Technology
Electrical
Electronics and communication.

These are the best branches for girls.todays girls are also intrested in Mechnical branch but these branches are best for girls.these branches are suitable for girls.

There is not any restriction of branch for girls they can choose any branch according to her intrest but these branches are most preffered by girls according to me.

you can choose any branch according to your intrest.
25th July 2011, 05:24 PM
THANIKONDA

Thumbs up Re: Which branch to choose in engineering? Which one is better for girls?

hiiii friend....
dnt worry,onething every branch is good engineering...
as u like which was suitable for girls....It/CSE are best option...range of IT/CSE also increased now...
so decide,it's your future...n all the best
25th July 2011, 06:26 PM
0nitesh

csc branch are bettrr for girls
25th July 2011, 06:27 PM
0nitesh

csc branch are better for girls.
25th July 2011, 08:34 PM
amarpushpak

its better to take cse because u will get risk less jobs
25th July 2011, 08:40 PM
kunjeyan5282

I will not prefer to tell you better stream as all streams are equally demanding ones.
You can choose according to your intrest and excel in respective choosen field.
You can excel in every field.So choose according to your intrest.
26th July 2011, 12:25 AM
vivekdas.raja

hello,
No Engineering streams are restricted for girls or will be a better option.Women have entered into all sectors of Engineering and of course they secure good job's after completing their Engineering course.Some of them feel uncomfortable in particular streams because they even need physical strength.Some streams like EEE,Mechanical and Civil are not chosen by girls because they feel uncomfortable in it.All these three sectors mentioned above are of the core industry side hence women normally doesn't prefer it much.
26th July 2011, 12:59 AM
Muditaga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i want to decide my future,,i love to do enginering..but i am bein confused to go for which branch..can u suggest me which branch is beat for a girls carrer and which branch would lead to good employement.plzz suggest me
Generally prefers to do engineering in CS, IT or chemical fields.
Girls generally avoid mechanical, electrical because they didn't like to work at construction site.
26th July 2011, 01:25 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
dear friend,

all engineering branch are good because every engineering course have own application but the two most popular stream is CSE and ECE because both of these have chances to crack govt and private sector.

the govt sector jobs are BARC , DRDO ,ISRO ,BSNL ,IOCL ,NTPC etc also the private sector jobs are TCS , CTS , WIPRO etc.

these two stream depends only for mental work not for physical works so girls can easily choose above streams.

all the best
31st July 2011, 11:44 PM
saasmari
Senior Member++

You can choose any branch that you wish there is no constrains for girls . Girls are not allowed only for mining. You can choose any other branch they are civil, mechanical. Electrical. Etc
7th August 2011, 01:51 AM
divyanakra
Senior Member+

If you are a boy then you can choose civil or mechanical branch in engineering field because there are many scopes are in this field.
If you are a girl then you can choose computer science or information technology branch.you can in software field like TCS, INFOSYS ,SATYAM etc.
13th October 2011, 11:30 AM
Unregistered

is only programs in cse branch? other way we may not work in any companies
17th October 2011, 03:07 AM
shahraksh3

Quote:
Dear friend, nowadays it is nothing like boys can do and girls can't. All engineering fields like Electrical, Mechanical,Civil,Electronics, Electronics and telecommunication, Computer science,Information technology, Biomedical,Instrumentation,production are good fields of engineering.These fields have good scope.
For girls there is no restriction that you can't apply for some branches, but according to me if you do engineering in Computer science or I.T or electronics or biomedical then it is better.
12th January 2012, 12:07 AM
balafederer
Senior Member+

Best Branch in Engineering for Girls

All girls and boys have passion on engineering. Boys are more physically and mentally strong than girls. It doesn't mean girls are not. Both have equal spirit. So it is according to our mind-set. Both has equal capable of studying.

Best Branch:

* Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering.
* Information Technology
* Electrical engineering
* Mechanical Engineering
* Computer engineering
* Electronics engineering
* Electronics and communication engineering
* Civil Engineering

Mechanical Engineering and Civil Engineering both are too difficult. But has wide opportunities. So better they can select computer science, Information and Technology and Electrical and electronics engineering. You have placements in IT companies like WIPRO, AIRCENT and CTS. Hope for the best.

Best wishes
14th May 2012, 06:21 PM
Unregistered

I am a bio maths student, how can i select IT/Comp.Science without having computer knowledge?
6th June 2012, 08:20 PM
Unregistered

can any1 tel wt exactly is IT and does it include programs...........wt r the subjects involving in dis particular branch?????
6th June 2012, 09:03 PM
Unregistered

can any1 tl wt exactly is IT??Does it involve programs.........and wt are the subjcts in dis particular branch
9th June 2012, 10:32 AM
Unregistered

I WANT TO KNOW ABOUT THE GROUPS ECE,CSC,IT THE SUBJECTS INVOLVED IN IT AND WHICH OFFERS GOOD JOB FACILITIES?
23rd June 2012, 08:13 PM
navjotsidhupamal
Senior Member++

hello friend..!!

i am also a student of b.tech final year.

i suggest you to take the stream according to your interest and in which you feel relax.

according to my point of view,you should go for CSE(computer science and engineering) and IT(information technology).

these are best for girls and comfortable for girls.

all the best..!!
24th June 2012, 10:16 PM
aatif1

Since you want to take up engineering as your career i would like to congratulate you on your brave attempt because most of the girls go for medical because of fear of maths!
These are the streams which will suit you:-
1)computer science and engineering
2)Information technology
3)Electronics and telecommunication engineering(core)
4)Electrical engineering(core)
5)Biotechnology

The core engineering should be opted for only if you have a seat in IIT, NIT or a good government college because there are hardly any core companies in India.
The other core engineering streams are mechanical and civil but these engineering streams generally don't suit a girl because of the laborious tasks and hence i have not recommended these streams.
3rd July 2012, 08:22 PM
Unregistered

im very confuse. which is best electrical side or computer
18th July 2012, 07:39 PM
Unregistered

there are many branches in engineering: say it may be computer science,information science,aeronautical engineering,electronics and communication, etc....there is no particular branch restricted for girls....you can choose any branch as you wish...todays girls mostly prefer computer science and E and C branch....ALL THE BEST....
21st July 2012, 07:47 PM
Unregistered

iam a girl. and i want to take civil or mechanical, b,coz i want the job like that which is fieldwork. can anyone tell me that iam doing correct.
24th March 2013, 04:44 PM
Unregistered

i m a PCM student . which engineering should i join
24th March 2013, 06:25 PM
bknayak

HI,

Some are the branch to choose in engineering---------------

1.Electronics and telecommunication engineering
2.Computer science and engineering
3.Biotechnology
4.Information technology
5.Electrical engineering
6.Civil engineering
7.Mechanical engineering
8.Electronics and instrumentation engineering.

Computer science & Information technology is better for girls.

Hope the information helps for you....................
24th March 2013, 06:31 PM
bhawnarattan
Senior Member+

Quote:
Yes sure engineering is very good option and you can choose the following;

*CSE ie computer science engineering.
*ECE i.e electronics and communication engineering.

Both the fields are very good and you can opt for any..
24th March 2013, 09:02 PM
krrishh_002

Quote:
Hi Dear,

First of all regardless of your interest am giving some major branches that most girls look for:

They are:

COMPUTER SCIENCE ENGINEERING

INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY

ELECTRONICS AND COMMUNICATION
ENGINEERING

The above 3 branches are most preferable by girls and have a very good scope in govt as well as Govt Industries.

Other branches with scope and Some girls prefer are:

AERONAUTICAL ENGINEERING

ELECTRICAL & ELECTRONICS ENGINEERING

Now select with your Interest and above branches which suits you most.

About the branches the names itself telling you or otherwise search net in wikipedia you will get full details about each branch.

All the Best!!

24th March 2013, 09:51 PM
haripriya1993
Member+

There is nothing like this is suitable for girls and this is not.
In general it purely depends upon your interest only.

If you are interested in IT sector then you can choose cse or IT.
If you are interested in core sector then go for EEE or ECE
If you are not able to decide which will suite you now then it is better to opt for ECE or EEE so that you can go for either core sector or for IT sector.
If you have a special interest in construction then choose CIVIL.

all these depends upon your interest. if your not able to decide choose EEE or ECE which is a better choice
4th June 2013, 12:35 AM
Unregistered

I like to study AERONAUTICAL ENGINEERING . But i don't know much details about it.This branch would lead to good employment. please suggest me.
9th June 2013, 09:39 PM
Unregistered

which branch is most suitable for girls n has more scope nowadays and will have in future too ?and which branch has more money in it?
9th June 2013, 09:41 PM
Unregistered

which branch is most suitable for girls n has more scope nowadays and will have in future too ?and which branch has more money in it?
22nd June 2013, 04:30 PM
Unregistered

give opportunities for information and technology branch
9th July 2013, 01:46 PM
Unregistered

I am confused between electrical ,cse and eee..for girls which to choose?
4th August 2013, 12:25 AM
Unregistered

Cool Re: Which branch to choose in engineering? Which one is better for girls?

khapat mat karo or mechanical karo be ni to sasural bhagu apne maa baap ka paise barbad mat karo
14th August 2013, 05:42 PM
Anandkp 44

HI

You can take these branches is better;---

Information technology

Fashion technology

Information Technology

Electrical engineering

Mechanical Engineering

Computer engineering

Electronics engineering

Electronics and communication engineering

Civil Engineering
14th August 2013, 11:10 PM
john215

Re: Which branch to choose in engineering? which one is better for girls?

Hi friend,

Engineering is a good option for now,

many jobs are there for all branches.

all branch is good for future,

but depends on you whuich is good for you?

Branch like:-

*electrical engg.

*electronics engg

* computer science

*information technology

*chemical engg

*instrumentation engg

*civil engg.

* mechanical engg.
14th August 2013, 11:29 PM
malikalka

dear i want to suggest you to choose the branch in which you have interest .inwhich you can perform well .if you are intelligent you can make a bright future.
like if you are good in programming language then choose CSE.
decide what is your interest .
if you perform well then no. of apportunity will wait for you...
15th August 2013, 01:13 AM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

I can not say that one branch in Engineering is good for the girls and the other is not good for girls.

Each and every branch in Engineering course is having its own career scope and job opportunities for the candidates both for girls and boys.

So, it is upto the interest of the girl of what branch to choose in Engineering course.

Some of the popular branches in Engineering course are
Computer Science Engineering
Information Technology
Mechanical Engineering
Civil Engineering
Electrical and Electronics Engineering
Electronics and Computer Science Engineering
Robotics
Aeronautical Engineering
Chemical Engineering etc.

Many of the girls will prefer to join CSE and IT - the first two branches which I mentioned above because some of the aspects like field work, practicals out of the class etc. will not be involved in these branches.

As per the job opportunities,

The job opportunities for the candidates in the field of Mechanical Engineering and Civil Engineering are ever green.

But in the field of IT, the career scope will not be constant. If India is getting good number of projects, then there will be good number of job opportunities for the candidates in the field of IT.

Failing which, the consequences are too dangerous. The people may be terminated from their jobs also.

So, the only thing that I can say that let the girls to choose their own specializations.

One more thing that I want to tell is think twice and make wise decision before joining the Engineering course with your chosen branch as it is going to provide a platform for your career.

Wish you all the best.
15th August 2013, 02:05 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Hello my Dear Friend ..

There are so many various branches are available

Engineering has a Good scope in the Current Scenario and in the FUTURE also

So you must really work hard to have a Good career

I think the below are the best Branches for the GIRLS

You can go for

>> Electronics engineering

>> Computer Science Engineering

>> Information Technology

>> Electrical Engineering

>> Biotechnology

>> Chemical Engineering

>> Electronics and Computers Engineering

>> Mechanical Engineering ...erc.

ALL THE VERY GOOD LUCK
15th August 2013, 04:00 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Generally Civil and Mechanical Engineering are not suitable for the girls. However this trend is changing over the years and now we do so large number of girls applying for the Civil as well Mechanical Engineering.

But still due to the nature of work you may have to do after completing the course, I will not recommend it. Instead I will say that you should go for Electronics and Communication Engineering. This is the best option as far as I am concerned. You should keep Computer Science Engineering as the backup option, in case you are not getting admission for the ECE.

Electronics and Communication is suitable for the girls and at the same time the employment opportunities are tremendous. You can make career in various fields including Information Technology, Communication, Consumer Electronics and much more.

Even in the government sector there are ample opportunities available for the Electronics and Communication Engineers in Public Sector Undertaking. You will find that almost all the Public Sector Undertakings are interested in hiring the Electronics and Communication Engineers. You can also apply for the Indian Engineering Service entrance exam. It is a difficult exam but if cleared, there will be good government job in offering.

Now to take admission you will have to appear for the entrance exam. Joint Entrance Exam is the ideal exam to appear for. It is replacement of AIEEE and IIT-JEE. What is means is that if you want admission in NITs and IITs then you should apply for the Joint Entrance Exam.

JEE Eligibility

1. You should have passed 12th standard.

2. Subjects in 12th should be Physics, Chemistry and Maths.

3. Diploma holders are also eligible to apply.

4. There is no criteria for marks.

5. You must be below 25 years to apply for the exam.

6. Upper age limit is 30 years for SC/ST.

The first exam to conduct is JEE Mains. It is replacement of AIEEE. Only the top 150,000 can go ahead and appear for JEE Advanced which is only for the admission in Indian Institutes of Technology.
15th August 2013, 06:21 PM
arpina

HELLO,

These are some branch to choose in engineering,

1.Computer sc and technology
2.Fashion technology
3.Electronics and communication
4.Information Technology
5.Electrical engineering
6.Mechanical Engineering
7.Computer engineering
8.Electronics engineering.

Good luck......
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?