17th August 2011, 07:00 PM
dhruv007

Default Re: All eligibility conditions for IPS and IAS exams? schedule for exams?

for appear in such kind of exams you must have the nationality of india, & have passsed graduation,Age Limit
i. A candidate must have attained 21 years and not be over 30 years on August 1 of the year of examination.
ii. The upper age limit is relaxed in specific cases as mentioned below:

a) upto a maximum of 5 years if the candidate belongs to SC/ST.
b) upto a maximum of 3 years if the candidate belongs to Other Backward Classes.

Related Questions:
  1. Is it possible to crack the exam after passing engineering?
  2. Exams for IPS and IAS? Which books are to be referred?
  3. Eligibility for IPS exam after B.Com and height short by 1-2 cm?
  4. Am I eligible for IAS and IPS Exams pursuing my 2nd year of MBBS? How to prepare for these exams?
  5. Where can I get the books for IPS, CDS,IAS entrance exam?
  6. Last 5 years question papers of Group I exam?
  7. What are the government jobs available after completing B.Tech in CSE with 80%? What is the eligibility criteria for these jobs?
  8. Which Books are best choice for me to prepare for IAS and IPS Exams?
  9. What is the procedure to do IAS and IPS course?
  10. Age limit for IAS and IPS exam? Minimum and Maximum requirements to become IAS and IPS officer? -- [Most Discussed]
  11. Details about All India entrance test for dental post graduation? Exam schedule, eligibility, syllabus and fee schedule of common entrance exams for PG in dental?
  12. Can I apply for IAS, IPS and group exams being a open degree graduate? -- [New]
  13. Eligibility criteria to apply for IAS and IPS? Study Materials to prepare for these Exams?
  14. Required Percentage of Marks in Graduation to apply for IAS and IPS? Which Books to prepare for these Entrance Exams?
  15. Age required for IAS and IPS exam? Minimum and Maximum requirement to become an IAS or IPS officer?
  16. Procedure to apply for IAS and iPS exam? Where to get the application form? How many exams are there?
  17. Am I eligible to apply in IAS/IPS/IFS exams if secured 47% in 12th and 68% in B.E. being a NCC-A certificate holder?
  18. Which type questions will appear in IAS and IPS entrance exam?
30th August 2011, 07:59 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: All eligibility conditions for IPS and IAS exams? schedule for exams?

where from i collect the form and what is date for its form filling
31st August 2011, 12:39 AM
cool.cristae

Hi dear,

A degree of any of the Universities incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be a Deemed University under the UGC Act, 1956, or an equivalent qualification.

Candidates who have appeared or intend to appear for the qualifying examination and are awaiting results are also eligible to appear for the Preliminary Examination. All such candidates who qualify to appear for the Civil Services Main Examination must produce proof of having passed the said examination along with their application for the Main Examination

(1) Nationality
i. Only Indian nationals are eligible for IAS and IPS.
ii. For other services a candidate can be either of the following:

a) a citizen of India,
b) a subject of Nepal,
c) a subject of Bhutan,
d) a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before January 1, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India, or
e) a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Burma, Ethiopia, Kenya, Malawi, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Uganda, United Republic of Tanzania, Vietnam, Zaire or Zambia with the intention of permanently settling in India. Candidates belonging to either categories of b., c., d. or e., must produce an eligibility certificate issued by the Government of India. Those who belong to either of b., c., or d., categories are not eligible for appointment to the Indian Foreign Service.

2) Age Limit
i. A candidate must have attained 21 years and not be over 30 years on August 1 of the year of examination.
ii. The upper age limit is relaxed in specific cases as mentioned below:

a) upto a maximum of 5 years if the candidate belongs to SC/ST.
b) upto a maximum of 3 years if the candidate belongs to Other Backward Classes.
c) upto a maximum of 5 years if the candidate had been domiciled in Jammu & Kashmir during the period between January 1, 1980 and December 31, 1989.
d) upto a maximum of 3 years in the case of Defence Services personnel disabled during hostilities with foreign countries or in a disturbed area and consequently released.
e) upto a maximum of 5 years in the case of ex-servicemen including Commissioned Officers and ECOs / SSCOs who have rendered at least five years Military Service as on August 1 of the year of examination and have been released:
o on completion of assignment (including those whose assignment is due to be completed within one year from August 1 of the year of examination) otherwise than by way of dismissal or discharge on account of misconduct or inefficiency, or
o on account of physical disability attributable to Military Service, or
o on invalidment.
f) upto a maximum of 5 years in the case of ECOs / SSCOs who have completed an initial period of assignment (5 years Military Service) as on August 1 of the year of examination and whose assignment has been extended beyond 5 years. Such candidates will have to provide a certificate from the Ministry of Defence stating that they can apply for civil employment and they will be released on a notice of 3 months, upon selection, from the date of receipt of offer of appointment.
g) upto a maximum of 10 years in the case of blind, deaf-mute and orthopaedically handicapped candidates.

Notification has been released in employment news dated- 02.01.2010
Last date for reciept of application is 01.02.2010
Forms are available in all head post officie/gpo's acrossthe India.

Thanks
31st August 2011, 11:33 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUKESH SINGH PAWAR View Post
please, send me the all eligibility conditions for IPS and IAS exams, schedule for exams going to be held in 2010, how to apply for the exams and last year question paper. thank you, sir.
dear friend,

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR IAS and IPS EXAM:-

EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION:

Candidate should have minimum graduation degree with any discipline from a recognized university.

AGE CRITERIA:

For General category candidate,age should be between 21 to 30 years
For OBC category candidates age should be between 21 to 33 years
For SC/ST category candidates,only minimum age is required i.e 21 years.

all the best.
22nd September 2011, 09:12 PM
Unregistered

Hello
i am an engg. Sttudent (b.tech.3rd year electronics n communications...) plz tell me.. Is there any optional subject related to the electronics subject?
9th October 2011, 05:30 PM
Unregistered

sir now i m in last year in ba can i aplly for ips exam.
27th October 2011, 03:29 PM
Unregistered

i m in b.tech final yera.is i m giving the exam of IPS?
28th October 2011, 07:24 PM
jeo-rocks

Eligibility Criteria :

1.Age limit

21 years must be completed on 1st August of the year, which a candidate is appearing. Maximum 30 for general category, 33 for OBCs and 35 for SCs/STs .

2. Educational Qualifications :

Bachelor’s degree of a recognised university with at least one of the subjects namely Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physcs, Statistics and Zoology or a Bachelor's degree in Agriculture, Forestry or in Enginerring or an equivalent qualification.

3. Number of Attempts

Four attempts for open, seven for OBCs and no limit for SCs/STs. If a person appears in the Preliminary Examination or even one paper is counted as an attempt.

thanks
28th October 2011, 07:54 PM
leo-rocks

The civil service examination is conducted by UPSC(UNION PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION)every year.

ELIGIBILITY
1)A pass in a degree from any University,
2)For IAS and IPS the candidate must be a citizen of India,
3)For other services a candidate can be either a citizen of India,a subject of Nepal,a subject of Bhutan or a Tibetian refugee

AGE LIMIT

1)21 years must be completed by the 1st AUGUST of that year,
2)GENERAL-30,OBC-33,SC/ST-35;EX-SERVICEMEN WILL GET 5 YEARS EXEMPTION

ATTEMPTS
OPEN-4,OBC-7,SC/ST-NO LIMIT

PRELIMINARY EXAMINATION

General Studies-150 marks
Optional subject-300 marks

SCHEME OF EXAMINATION

1)Preliminary examination(normally conducted during the second half of may)

2)Main examination (normally conducted during the month of oct/nov,those who are selected in preliminary are only eligible for main examination)

3)Interview
3rd November 2011, 10:00 AM
Unregistered

sir i am a student of B.sc1(P,C,M) .so what is the syllabus for me in IPS EXAM...
7th November 2011, 11:13 AM
sant8055

Civil Service Examination is conducted Every year By UPSC.

Eligibility Criteria :

Age limits :

21 - 30 yrs for General Category.

21 - 33 yrs for Other Backward Classes.

21 - 35 yrs for Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Tribes..
Education Qualification:

Candidate must hold graduate a degree of any Recognized university.

Number of Attempts :

Four attempts for Open,Seven attempts for OBC,No limits for SC/ST Candidates.

Schedule

More details,Visit the official website : www.upsc.gov.in
14th November 2011, 05:28 PM
Unregistered

sir ihave passed 10 2 from urdu medium n also doing graduation from urdu medium by manuu ugc approoved university can i eligible for ips officer after graduation?
29th November 2011, 08:01 PM
co-rocks

Eligibility Criteria :

For Indian Administration Service and Indian Police Service,a candidate must be citizen of India.

Age limits :
The candidate must have attained the age of 21 Yrs and must not Attained the age of 30 Yrs on 1st August,2011.
The Upper age limit will be Applicable for SC/ST and OBC candidates.
Upto a maximum Five Years for Scheduled caste and Scheduled tribes.
Upto a Maximum three years for Other Backward Classes.

Education Qualification :
The candidate must hold a Bachelor's degree of any Recognized University.
Those who Appearing the final year of a degree course can also Eligible.

Number of Attempts :
Four Attempts for Open.
Seven Attempts for OBC category.
No Limit for SC/ST.

Physical Fitness Is very Important for IPS Exam.
Male 165 Cm Pahari Male (General also) & ST (Not SC/OBC) - 160 Cm.
Female 150 Cm Pahari female (General also) & ST (Not SC/OBC) - 145 Cm.

THANKS
4th December 2011, 04:22 PM
Unregistered

Sir,
I am currently reading in class and in the Twelfth ips Officer want to join can do so after the twelfth
25th January 2012, 08:47 PM
Unregistered

Sir i am a bachelor of computer science,
did i eligible for IPS sir?
26th January 2012, 01:05 AM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
IAS, IPS exams are civil service exams, which are conducted by UPSC every year.

Eligibility for Civil service exams:-

1.Candidate has to complete the graduation in any trade.

2.Final year candidates can also apply for it.

3.Age should be in between 21-30 years.
For SC/ST the upper age relaxation is 5 years and for OBC the upper age relaxation is 3 years.

4.Candidate must be a citizen of India.

These are the eligibility criteria you have to fulfill.
So, go for the graduation course , after which you can apply for these exams.

All the best.
26th January 2012, 03:14 PM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUKESH SINGH PAWAR View Post
please, send me the all eligibility conditions for IPS and IAS exams, schedule for exams going to be held in 2010, how to apply for the exams and last year question paper. thank you, sir.

HI,

I.A.S exam exam is conducted by U.P.S.C once in a year.

NATIONALITY:-Must be citizen of India.

Qualification:- Pass graduation with any stream fron recginiced university.

Age limit:-
For Open category:- 21-30 year
For OBC category:- 21-33 YEAR
For ST/SC category:- 21-37 year

Number of Attempts:-
For open category:- 4 attempts
For ST/SC category:- 7 attempts

CIVIL SERVICES (PRELIMINARY) EXAM., 2012
Date of notification:-04.02.2012
Last Date of receipt of form:- 05.03.2012(MONDAY)
Date of exam:- 20.05.2012(SUNDAY)

CIVIL SERVICES (MAIN) EXAM., 2012
Date of exam:- 05.10.2012(FRIDAY)

GOOD LUCK!
26th January 2012, 05:21 PM
priyo06
Senior Member+++

dear friend,

Eligibility Criteria For I.A.S. and I.P.S. :-

(i) Age limits :

21-30 years as on 1.7.2011. (Upper age limit relaxable for SCs/STs, OBCs and certain other categories).

(ii) Educational Qualifications :

Bachelor’s degree of a recognized university with at least one of the subjects namely Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physcs, Statistics and Zoology or a Bachelor's degree in Agriculture, Forestry or in Enginerring or an equivalent qualification .

(iii) No. of permissible attempts :

Four (Seven attemps of OBCs and no limit for SCs/STs

(iv) Fee :

Rs. 100/- (Rupees one hundred only)
(No fee for SCs/STs/Physically disabled only)

good luck.
22nd March 2012, 04:28 PM
Unregistered

is that adoptable for pre final year students?
31st March 2012, 11:59 PM
Unregistered

eligilibility for IAS and IPS after B.E
5th May 2012, 07:41 PM
a444

IPS and IAS

Eligibility Criteria :

For Indian Administration Service and Indian Police Service,a candidate must be citizen of India.

Age limits :
The candidate must have attained the age of 21 Yrs and must not Attained the age of 30 Yrs on 1st August,2011.
The Upper age limit will be Applicable for SC/ST and OBC candidates.
Upto a maximum Five Years for Scheduled caste and Scheduled tribes.
Upto a Maximum three years for Other Backward Classes.

Education Qualification :
The candidate must hold a Bachelor's degree of any Recognized University.
Those who Appearing the final year of a degree course can also Eligible.
8th December 2012, 07:56 AM
nitin hasija

Default Re: All info wants to take regards ips exam

Hîîiiiiiii
I just wants to know abt ips exam info so plz contact if possible on my contact
No:- 7837372323

Regards ntin hasija
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?