21st October 2011, 04:45 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: What is the minimum percentile required in GATE to get through IITs?

i have got percentile of 92% and gate score is 388 then suggest for cooleges
23rd October 2011, 02:10 PM
kartik41
Senior Member+++

Default Re: What is the minimum percentile required in GATE to get through IITs?

Dear,
We are trying to get information regarding the history of cut-off scores ... PERCENTILE CRITERIA FOR ADMISSION AT IIT DELHI ... required for candidates having BTech/BDes degree from an IIT with a minimum CPI of 7.0) ...
12th January 2012, 02:33 AM
bugmenot3

you just need to qualify the gate exam if you are seeking an admission at AMU. the university thereafter conducts its own exam and maybe an interview.
14th March 2012, 11:47 PM
Unregistered

what is the gate cut off for admission in iit bombay for electrical?i am a 2nd yr btech student,how can i start my prepration effectively now?
15th March 2012, 11:15 AM
Unregistered

What is the minimum percentile required in GATE to get through any normal college
My percentile is only 34.39% so m i eligible for taking admissions in any normal college leaving IIT's?
Please reply...
15th March 2012, 03:40 PM
piki05

As IIT can not call all the candidates, they will call those who top the GATE exam. For every one seat they may call 3 to 5 top candidates. To make it more clear, for 20 seats they may call top 60~100 candidates to appear for interview.

Those who secured above 90 percentile in GATE can apply for all IITs.

I am sorry to say but you can not get admission in Mtech course offered at IITs.
Thanks.
17th March 2012, 08:57 PM
Unregistered

gate score is 347 and rank is 10094 number of candidates applied for ee is 110125 in 2012. can you say regarding the eligibility for iits for this score?
18th March 2012, 12:20 PM
Unregistered

i have got 82 percentile plz tell me colleges to apply
18th March 2012, 03:37 PM
Hellwatt

my gate 2012 score is 365, all india ranking is 8544 with 92.24 percent.
can i get into iit and nit.
if not plz suggest me some good colleges in power system friends.
Help needed regarding this issue friends. plz help me as i dont have any knowledge about it.
19th March 2012, 11:30 PM
rajeshchauhancusat

my GATE2012 score 578, rank 2049 with 98.78% (COMPUTER SCIENCE) (gen. cat.)
suggest me the good college for admission
19th March 2012, 11:52 PM
Unregistered

GEETA YADAV:can i get IITs or NITs college with gate score 316 all india rank 20823 and no of condidte quallidied in CS 1,56,780 with OBC quota?
can i have get any goverment college for m.tech??Plz tell me.

Thanks in advance.
25th March 2012, 11:31 AM
Nidhi.ankitaChoudhary

my gate marks are 44.33
gate score of 484
all india rank 4875
category general branch cs
can i get NIT's???what IIIT's i can apply for???is there any chance of IIT???
10th April 2012, 03:48 PM
Unregistered

I have got GATE score 121 with 40 percentile and 17 out of 100 .Will I get seat in any of the colleges in Tamil nadu for M.E/M.Tech courses.
Please reply
10th April 2012, 06:57 PM
arvind_singh
Banned

FRIEND,

In GATE You must score more than 99.5 percentile then only you will be getting good colleges.

GATE Stands for GRADUATE APTITUDE TEST FOR ENGINEERING and this test is conducted for the candidates for Higher studies and For M.TECH degree in the renowned institutes of INDIA like IIT's.

COACHING CENTRES FOR GATE EXAM ARE:
  • B.R.M. Academy
  • Brilliant Tutorials Pvt. Ltd.
  • Career Forum
  • Elite Academy
  • Engineering Solutions
  • Engineers Institute of India
  • Engineers Study Circle
  • Gyan Bindu Academy
  • IAS / IES Made Easy (Engineers India Centre)
  • Institute of Mathematical Sciences (IMS)
  • Pathfinder Academy
  • Science Point
  • Trump and Gates
  • Vani Institute of Engineering & Technology (VIET)

THE LIST OF COLLEGES ACCEPTING GATE SCORE ARE:
  1. Anna University
  2. BIT Meshra
  3. BITS Pillani
  4. Delhi College of Engineering
  5. IIIT Hyderabad
  6. IISc Bangalore
  7. IIT Bombay
  8. IIT Delhi
  9. IIT Guwahati
  10. IIT Kanpur
  11. IIT Kharagpur
  12. IIT Madras
  13. IIT Roorkee
  14. IT BHU
  15. Jadavpur University
  16. MLNR Allahabad
  17. NIT Jamshedpur
  18. NIT Suratkal
  19. NIT Trichy
  20. NIT Warangal
  21. Osmania University
  22. TIFR

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR GATE IS:

1)You must have a bachelor's degree in Engineering/Technology/ Architecture (4 years after 10+2)

2)If you are in the final year of the above degree then also you are eligible.

3)If you have a master's degree in any branch of Science/Mathematics/ Statistics/Computer Applications or equivalent

4)If you are in the final year of the above M.Tech degree then also you are eligible.

5)If you are in the second or higher year of the Four-year Integrated Master's degree programme (Post-B.Sc.) in Engineering/Technology then also you are eligible.

6)If you are in the fourth or higher year of Five-year Integrated Master's degree programme or Dual Degree programme in Engineering/Technology.

7)If you have obtained qualifications through examinations conducted by professional societies recognized by UPSC/AICTE .

8)Those who have completed section A or equivalent of such professional courses are also eligible.

GOOD LUCK.
16th April 2012, 10:05 PM
Unregistered

Hello Sir,
I am a B.tech - Computer Science final year student I Scored 80%ile in GATE and at the Same time I am Placed in Capgemini with a Post of Sr. Software Engineer with a Package of 3.5 L.

Now My Hurdle is that What To Do ??

Can I Get a Good College for M.tech in this Score ??
Should I Drop the Offer and Prepair for GATE next year ??
As there are No IES for Computer Science Students, So whats the Better option for Me ??

Please Help Me.. I am Really Stuck..
8th May 2012, 12:54 PM
Unregistered

my gate 2012 rank is 11998 score 380 percentile 92.347 which clg shd i apply for??? any chance in NIT's n DCE or any other good clgs plzzz suggest
8th May 2012, 01:05 PM
meera_1590

my GATE 2012 rank is 11998 cs (Gen)
score 380 %ile 92.347 which clg shd i apply fr???

is der any chance in NIT's or DCE...or any other good clgs plz sugst
i wann get admsn by dis yr...plz help thnx in advance
10th November 2012, 02:04 PM
Unregistered

Sir, my gate percentile z 98.4 n rank 2868 in ece. I
cudnt aply 4 mtch in 2012,i can opt 4 it in 2013
bt,i want 2 know wher can i apply? Can i get nit
wid gud branch?
15th March 2013, 11:41 AM
Unregistered

sir,
my GATE Computer Science 2013 score is 487 and all india rank is 3515
and percentile 98.4 OBC category
where should i apply ??
are there any chances for IITs or NITs
13th January 2014, 05:21 PM
Unregistered

Is there any need to join the coaching classes for gate ??? if i want to do the self study then how should i prepare for it??? tell me the list of best gate classes and also tell is there any website or any institution where i can take free online classes bcoz i have some financial problem this year?pls reply
29th March 2014, 12:12 PM
Unregistered

Hi sir
i got 344 rank gate score 824 ec branch general categary ........any hope for IISc?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?