28th October 2010, 12:01 PM
shilpa verma

Smile Re: IAS exam application procedure and dates?

Hi sir,
I'm Shilpa.I just sterted preparing for IAS examination.And gradually it has become everything for me,my aim,ambition,life,dream..whatever you can say.only one problem is there.I don't have any guidance.I don't get the dates of application,filling up the forums.When i come to know about the applications the last date of submitting the form gets closer and again i miss the chance.
Now i wont miss that.I want to appear i the prelims examination in this 2011. Pleas let me know all the important dates.

THANK YOU.
29th October 2010, 01:25 AM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Default Re: IAS exam application procedure and dates?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilpa verma View Post
Hi sir,
I'm Shilpa.I just sterted preparing for IAS examination.And gradually it has become everything for me,my aim,ambition,life,dream..whatever you can say.only one problem is there.I don't have any guidance.I don't get the dates of application,filling up the forums.When i come to know about the applications the last date of submitting the form gets closer and again i miss the chance.
Now i wont miss that.I want to appear i the prelims examination in this 2011. Pleas let me know all the important dates.

THANK YOU.
You have probably heard of the replacement of Prelims by CSAT, but instead I am once again notifing you that - On 18th oct. 2010 Government announced the outline of the new Civil Services Aptitude Test (CSAT) and changes in the General Studies paper that would requires aspirants to be as well versed in environmental studies — say climate change — as social development.

And all the Aspirants are happy with this decision, but little worried as it will be first of its knid for them.

However, its feel sad to hear that you missed the chance for apprearing last time. But being a part of this forum you will not be able to miss it this time. Just register yourself as you are still 'unregistered guest' it will take less then 30 secs.

Valueable Advice: Civil Service notification are release generally in 'last week of december or first week of january' last time it wass announced on 02.01.10.
Complete and detailed 5-8 pages notification are released in Employment NEws. So, as I always advice to all youths to conssitantly read that paper, advicing you also. A one stop solution for any government job/entrance/notification etc.

Regards
~Faiyaz~
29th October 2010, 02:11 AM
babydoll

Hi!
This years IAS exam will over which had held on 23rd of may2010. so you have prepare for the next year.
The 2011 application form will be publish on the month of January. You will get the whole application form from the Employment news. so keep tracking the Employment news and the official website of the IAS conducted by UPC.
www.upsc.gov.in.
Best wishes!!
29th October 2010, 06:17 AM
ravik1214
Senior Member++++

Lightbulb Re: IAS exam application procedure and dates?

For detailed querry about ias please visit -www.upsc.gov.in
29th October 2010, 11:25 AM
yogananda143

hi friend,
for the year 2010,the last date for the IAS exam was on 1-2-2010,which is over,
so you can not give it for this year,
the exam will be on 23 may 2010,
and for the selection procedure visits the websites
www.upsc.gov.in
1st January 2011, 11:21 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sannith View Post
Hi how to apply and when is the last date to apply for IAS exam?
The previous year’s IAS exam was on 1.2.2010. The IAS exam is carried out every year. Students will get many chances to clear the exam. The application procedure and concerning details are available in the official website. The date of next year’s exam is also pre-fixed. You need to visit the official portal to get this information.
18th January 2011, 03:08 AM
abhimanyu2688

Post Re: IAS exam application procedure and dates?

Quote:
Hello Friend,

You can apply offline as well as online for the ias exam 2011 which is conducted by UPSC every year.

Offline procedure
1. Buy application form can be obtained from GPO/Head Post Offices on payment of Rs 20 and affix CRF stamp of Rs 100 in the space provided for that in the application form.
2. Fill the form crrectly and completely and send it to the address given through post/courier or by in person.

Online procedure
1. Go to upsconline.nic.in and follow the instructions given.
2. Application fee for online submission is Rs 50.

Date for applying for UPSC CS Examination is from 19-2-2011 to 21-03-2011.

For more details check www.upsc.gov.in

Good Luck.
16th March 2011, 09:30 PM
kapila Chaudhary
Senior Member++++

Hi Friend,
IAS exam are conducted by UPSC as civil services exams.

Civil Services (Prel) Exam, 2011:
Date of Notification: 19.02.2011
Last Date for Receipt of Applications: 21.03.2011
Date of Exam: 12.06.2011

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:
Educational Qualifications for IAS :
Bachelor’s degree of a recognized university with at least one of the subjects namely Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics and Zoology or a Bachelor's degree in Agriculture, Forestry or in Engineering or an equivalent qualification.

Age limit: 21 years must be completed on 1st August of the year, which a candidate is appearing. Maximum 30 for general category, 33 for OBCs and 35 for SCs/STs.

Candidates applying online are required to pay a reduced fee of Rs 50/- (Rs fifty) only either by remitting the money in any branch of SBI by cash, or by using net banking facility of SBI or by using visa/master credit/debit card.
Candidates applying off-line (through common application form) are required to pay a fee of Rs 100/- (Rs one hundred) only through central recruitment fee stamp only
Female/SC/ST/PH candidates are exempted from payment of fee (OBC candidates are required to pay full fees)

How to apply:

•Apply online by using the website http://www.upsconline.nic.in
•Apply offline by purchasing the application form from designated post offices throughout the country.

For complete details go to http://www.upsc.gov.in
11th November 2011, 07:55 PM
Unregistered

Hi dr Frnds,
I'm vikramathithan, from Erode. I'm done my MBA. I'm preparing IAS examination. Plz send me tha materials & ideas....
My email ID: [email protected]
98427 85935
15th November 2011, 11:12 AM
dravid999

hi dear,
application forms for the civil service exam
will appear in all the daily newspapers and the Rozgar Samachar
or in Employment News by the end of December each year..............

and for more detail please visit the officail site of upsc exams.

thanks
15th November 2011, 11:59 PM
VegaSridhar

Quote:
Hi Friend,

All Indian Citizens of age above 21 and with graduation in hand are eligible to appear UPSC exam.

To become an IAS, first thing you need to do is to apply when UPSC releases its notification. UPSC conducts the exam every year. It has three phases.
1.Prelims (Objective type):
It has two papers. One is CSAT, which includes aptitude,reading comprehension, logical reasoning,verbal ability and decision making, and the other paper is on General Studies.
You need to clear prelims in order to write Mains examination which is the second phase.

2.Mains Examination::
Once you clear the prelims, this is evident that you write Mains. This is the most crucial phase of the entire exam.As part of mains, first, you need to select two optional subjects of your interest out of the listed subjects by UPSC. You must be very thorough with these two optional subjects. You need to write one essay paper too,so you must have a very good writing skills.

And after that, you have English literature paper, Indian language paper (Telugu,Tamil,Kannada,Malayalam,Urdu,Hindi,Pali etc.) and General studies (GS) paper.

So overall you write 9 papers in the duration of 21 days. This phase contributes the maximum marks for your success.

3.Personal Interview::

Those who clear mains examination are called for personal interview. This will be in Delhi, UPSC bhavan.You will be asked so many questions about your background, current affairs, why do you want to be an IPS, your opinion about our country, India relations with other countries and so on.

Remember, You just need to clear prelims to appear for mains. Prelims marks are not going to be added to your overall marks. But clearing the prelims is must.

May God help You
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?