5th March 2018, 02:04 PM
Unregistered

After 12th Science, can I do Computer Engineering?

I'm pursuing my 12th from Science stream with Biology as one of the major subject. After my 12th I want to do Computer Engineering. Which courses are available at graduate level to study Computer Engineering? Am I eligible for those?

Related Questions:
  1. After 12th Science, can I do Computer Engineering?
  2. How to enter B.tech in Computer engineering after completing Diploma In Computer Science engineeering?
  3. Should I join Engineering Diploma course to study B.Tech if didn't take Science in 12th standard?
  4. Which higher studies course I can take after completion of 12th? Engineering or B.Sc Computer Science?
  5. How B.Sc Computer Science is differ from B.Tech Computer Science Engineering?
  6. Am I eligible to study Integrated M.Sc in Computer Science after completing 12th Mathematics? Is this course equivalent to B.E.(Computer Science Engineering)?
  7. How to join in Hindustan University in CSE group after scoring 93.5?
  8. Colleges offering M.Tech course in CS and IT branches?
  9. Can I study Diploma in Computer Science Engineering along with 12th Arts? Options after completing Diploma course?
  10. Am I eligible to take computer course after 12th if I don't have mathematics as option?
  11. Can I do BA(Computer Science) after completing 12th Arts with Computer Science? -- [New]
  12. Given recession times nowadays what is the future scope of Computer Engineering after 12th?
  13. Is it necessary to study Computer Science in 12th to further pursue B.Tech(Software Engineering)?
  14. Which course should I do in computers?
  15. Possibility to study Diploma in Computer Science Engineering for 12th Commerce student?
  16. Details of B.Tech(Computer Science and Engineering) course? Job opportunities through this field?
  17. Which branch would be preferable for me to prepare for UPSC after 12th std? Is computer science and engineering a good option?
  18. Which are the courses other than engineering which can be done after 12th Physics,Chemistry,Maths and Computer Science?
14th March 2018, 11:49 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: After 12th Science, can I do Computer Engineering?

At graduation level, you will get following courses to pursue related to Computer field like:
  • Computer Science and Engineering
  • Information Technology
  • Software Engineering, etc.

And to be eligible for pursuing anyone of the above courses, you must have studied 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
15th March 2018, 07:33 AM
Badtameez Dil
Senior Member++

The basic requirement for Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering is senior secondary board appeared or passed with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. For admission in any engineering course, mathematics is necessary in standard 12th.

If you have opted for mathematics and biology in 12th then only you can pursue Bachelor's degree in computer engineering.
15th March 2018, 08:09 AM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

To be eligible to pursue Computer Engineering course, you should have passed 12th standard with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects from a Government recognised board. Admissions in Engineering course are done through entrance examination conducted at National or State or University level. So, if you have passed 12th standard with PCM stream, you are eligible to do Computer Engineering course.
15th March 2018, 08:31 AM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

The eligibility to pursue B.Tech in Computer Science engineering is that candidate must have passed 12th with Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry and English as main paper.

So, if you have all the subjects as your main paper in 12th then you are eligible to appear for various entrance examination conducted to get admission in the course.

Some of the most common entrance examination is :-

JEE.

BITSAT.

VITEE.

SRMJEE.

BCECE.
15th March 2018, 08:41 AM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

The eligibility criteria for Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering:

1. You must have passed senior secondary board with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics from a recognized board. Board appearing candidates can also apply for engineering entrance examination.

If you have opted Mathematics in 12th then only you can apply for Computer engineering course otherwise not.

2. Some of the engineering entrance exams like JEE, SRMEEE, VITEEE, State level engineering entrance exams.
15th March 2018, 09:09 AM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

First thing I would like to let you know that the basic educational qualification required for pursuing degree course in engineering i.e; B.E./B.Tech is a higher secondary school degree with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry as main subjects from a recognized board of education. Students having equivalent degree are also eligible.

So having completed your Class 12th with PCB group you are not eligible for pursuing degree course in engineering as for the same students having completed their Class 12th with PCM group are only eligible.
15th March 2018, 11:35 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Since you are interested in pursuing Computer Engineering course i.e; B.E./B.Tech degree course in computer science then for the same you are required to have completed your Class 12th with Science stream with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as main subjects from a recognized board of education.

So having completed your Class 12th in Science stream but with Biology as the main subject instead of Mathematics, you are not eligible for pursuing computer engineering degree course.
15th March 2018, 12:30 PM
shahi jee
Senior Member+++++

After completing 12th with Biology as one of the major subject, you can pursue graduation with Computer Science. Without mathematics, to make career in IT sector is quite difficult. But these type of courses are offered in some colleges of DU.

Some courses are:-
B.Sc IT
BCA
Diploma in Computer science
International Diploma in Software Development
Diploma in Software Engineering Technician
15th March 2018, 01:07 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

The eligibility criteria for Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering:

*Science stream with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as necessary subjects. Board appearing candidates with PCM subject can also apply for the entrance exam.

*You can apply for Joint Entrance Examination to get admission in good engineering colleges of India like IITs, NITs and other government engineering college.

But if you have not studied PCM subjects then you are not eligible for engineering course.
15th March 2018, 01:13 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

To get admission in the Computer engineering course the required qualification is that candidate must have passed 12th in science stream.

So, if you have passed 12th with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as main paper then you are eligible to appear for examination.

Candidates with PCB are not eligible to appear for examination to pursue B.Tech in Computer Science stream.
15th March 2018, 01:33 PM
Angry Girl
Senior Member+++++

You can join Computer Science only if you have Maths along with Biology otherwise you are not eligible for Computer Science.

To join any engineering stream Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics (PCM) is must and you can have Biology (PCMB) as an additional subject, only if you are really interested in Biology otherwise you can go with PCM only that will be most suitable for you and your career.

And if you really want to pursue in Computer Engineering you can reappear for XII exam by taking only Maths as an additional subject.
15th March 2018, 02:51 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

As per I know that it is compulsory to have passed intermediate from Science stream having Maths as one of the subject to pursue Engineering in any stream.
As you have mentioned that you have taken Biology but if you have also taken Maths then only you are eligible to pursue engineering.
15th March 2018, 03:48 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

The eligibility criteria for Computer Science Engineering course:

>>Candidate must have done 12th from a recognized board. In 12th, important subjects must include Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry.

>>Without studying mathematics in 12th, you can not apply for engineering entrance exams.

The last date for JEE exam of 2018 is over. You need to wait for next year notification.
15th March 2018, 05:41 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

The academic qualification required for pursuing computer engineering is:

Student should be from science stream. In science stream candidates must have selected Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.

Then student needs to apply for engineering entrance examination. Biology group student can pursue computer engineering only when he has taken mathematics as an additional subject in 12th.
15th March 2018, 05:49 PM
Pagal ho kya
Senior Member+

Yes a Biology student can join computer engineering course after 12th he/she as Mathematics as one of the subjects in their 12th otherwise you are not eligible for this course.

But friend if you not enjoying medical field and are interested in technical field then you have some options available for you which are mentioned below;

1. Biotechnology

2. Microbiology

3. Biochemical Engineering

Also you can go for simply graduation and look for competitive examination or civil services examination later on.
15th March 2018, 07:24 PM
shantanu bose
Senior Member+++++

If you are studying in class 12 in Science stream with PCM or PCMB, you are eligible to do Computer Science and Engineering(CSE) in graduate level. So, as you have Biology as major subject, you should belong to PCMB category of Science stream in class 12 to get admission in CSE course in graduate level.

B.Tech or B.E in CSE is the best course among CSE graduation level courses.
15th March 2018, 07:32 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

The eligibility criteria for Bachelor of computer engineering course is 12th passed from a recognized board.

For engineering course, you should have studied PCM subject in 12th.

Biology stream candidates can not pursue Bachelor's degree in computer engineering.
15th March 2018, 08:12 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

If you have not opted for Mathematics in 12th then you can not pursue Engineering course in any discipline.

Candidates who have done 12th from a recognized board with PCM subjects can apply for computer science engineering course and its entrance examination.
16th March 2018, 04:37 PM
ravimahawar1234
Member+

Yes, while filling your application form, you will have to mention the trade in which you wish to pursue for engineering.
I hope it helps!
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?