23rd June 2016, 01:23 PM
Unregistered

Is it necessary to study Computer Science in 12th to further pursue B.Tech(Software Engineering)?

Hi,
I haven't take Computer Science in 12th but I want to do Software Engineering in B.Tech. Kindly tell me is Computer Science necessary for further studying Software Engineering?

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to take computer course after 12th if I don't have mathematics as option?
  2. Is it necessary to study Computer Science in 12th to further pursue B.Tech(Software Engineering)?
  3. Am I eligible to study Integrated M.Sc in Computer Science after completing 12th Mathematics? Is this course equivalent to B.E.(Computer Science Engineering)?
  4. How can I pursue BE Computer Engineering after scoring 75% marks in class 12th Science?
  5. Should I study online commerce to pursue CA? Can I study computer science as a stream in class 12th? What courses should I study to become a CA?
  6. Which subject to opt between computer science and math with commerce? -- [New]
  7. Am I eligible to pursue Forensic Science studies after completing class 12th with Computer Science, Diploma In Civil Engineering and B.E civil Engineering?
  8. What should I do to study B.Tech in Computer Engineering being an Electrical Diploma engineering student?
  9. Which is the best course to do in Diploma?
  10. Should I join Engineering Diploma course to study B.Tech if didn't take Science in 12th standard?
  11. Will it be good to study MBA after B.Sc Computer Science? In which field should I pursue MBA?
  12. What should I do to find a better job after completion of diploma in CSE?
  13. Can I pursue Computer Science after completing class 12th with (PCM)? Which college is the best for pursuing Computer Science course in Agra?
  14. Can I pursue B.Sc in Computer Science after completing class 12th without Maths?
  15. Am I eligible to pursue Robotic Engineering after completing class 12th (Computer Science)? Which exam do I have to write and which University offers this course?
  16. Which is the best college to study B.Tech in computer science?
  17. What is the scope and salary expected after completion of B.Sc Computer Science course?
  18. Is it beneficial to study Computer Science in 12th?
23rd June 2016, 09:47 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it necessary to study Computer Science in 12th to further pursue B.Tech(Software Engineering)?

B.Tech (Software Engineering) is a four-year Undergraduate degree course in the field of Software. Candidates who have completed 12th standard or equivalent with PCM stream with minimum aggregate of 50% marks from a Government recognised board are eligible to pursue B.Tech (Software Engineering) course.

Admissions in B.Tech (Software Engineering) course are offered through National or State or institute level engineering entrance examinations. You must have to appear and qualify the entrance examination and participate in counselling process to get admission in B.Tech (Software Engineering) course.

It is not necessary to study Computer Science in 12th standard to pursue B.Tech (Software Engineering) course. If you have completed 12th standard with PCM stream from a Government recognised board then, you are eligible to study B.Tech (Software Engineering) course.
23rd June 2016, 10:09 PM
pabolu srivalli

Thumbs up Re: Is it necessary to study Computer Science in 12th to further pursue B.Tech(Software Engineering)?

In order to appear for B.Tech computer science,there is no need to take computers in your 12th class.you should have to take Mathematics,Physics and chemistry oriented branch and then appear for the Bachelors of technology course through the entrance examination such as EAMCET, JEE, IIT,etc.

B.tech in Computer Science mainly deals with the study of computers and technology and it under goes with the concepts of Programming,design of structures of program,etc.

In order to become a software engineer you should possess B.Tech in computer science or Information technology as in these studies you will be mainly dealing with the concepts of the programming which will be use full in becoming software engineer.
some of the main concepts which you will be learning in your B.Tech are
  • Java
  • Oracle
  • Unix
  • PPL
  • DBMS
  • RDBMS.etc.

These courses will be mostly used in order to become software engineer.so you can take up any mathematics and physics related branches in your 12th and then you will be eligible to appear for software engineering course.
24th June 2016, 10:50 AM
sagarika 199193
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Is it necessary to study Computer Science in 12th to further pursue B.Tech(Software Engineering)?

You can go to software engineering field without computer subject at 12th class level.

Eligibility
- You must have passed (10+2) with physics , chemistry and maths as compulsory subjects.
- You should have appeared entrance exam JEE Main.

Skills Required For Software Engineer
- Creativity
- Problem Solving skill
- Strong Programming
- System Analysis
- Interpersonal
- Business Skill

Job Types
- Computer Programmer
- Software Engineer
- Software Testing Engineer
- Web Designer
- Information Security Analyst
- Database Administrator
- Computer System Analyst
- Computer Support Analyst
- Research Scientist

Top Recruiters
Wipro Ltd , HCL , L & T , Infosys , IBM , Tata Infotech , Cognizant , Cisco , Infotech , Satyam Computers , Mahindra Infosystem etc.
24th June 2016, 01:06 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi,
I haven't take Computer Science in 12th but I want to do Software Engineering in B.Tech. Kindly tell me is Computer Science necessary for further studying Software Engineering?
No, it is not necessary to take Computer Science subject in 12th standard to do B.Tech in Software Engineering.

Those candidates who have completed 12th standard with PCM with above 50% marks from a recognized board are eligible for B.Tech course in Software Engineering.

Your age should be above 17 years.
25th June 2016, 12:12 AM
RSJ66
Senior Member++

# Please note that it is not necessary to study Computer Science in 12th standard to pursue B.Tech (Software Engineering). Only the thing required that candidate has to appear in engineering entrance examinations.

# The duration of B.Tech (Software Engineering) is four years or eight semesters.

# The Required educational qualification is 10+2 in subjects Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics from recognised educational board.

# Available job positions after B.Tech (Software Engineering) are:

* Project Manager
* Application Developer
* Software Engineer
* Software Tester
* Teaching line after M.Tech or M.E.
* and many more

# Names of few colleges/institutes offering B.Tech (Software Engineering) are:

* Birla Institute of Technology and Science, Pilani
* Birla Institute of Technology
* Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay
* Indian Institute of Technology, Chennai
* Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur
* Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi
* Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur
* National Institute of Technology, Calicut
25th June 2016, 01:22 AM
secret29
Senior Member+

No, It is not mandatory to choose "Computer Science" subject to do software engineering like Computer Science or IT in B.tech.

You ca choose any five subjects from Science streams, But Marks of English, Maths and Physics will be calculated for admission in B.tech course. If you have not take any one subject out of these three subjects then you will not be allowed for the admission process.

So you will 100% eligible for the Engineering course without having Computer Science subject in 12th Std.
25th June 2016, 12:35 PM
Sri Kavya Ketagani

There is no need to take Computer science in 12th to do software engineering in B.tech.
But further computer science is the core subject in software engineering.

If you want to become a software engineer you should pursue your B.Tech either in computer science or in information technology.Both these courses deal with similar concepts like-
*programming languages (C,C++,Java)
*web technologies
*operating system
*data stuctures
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?