13th June 2011, 12:57 PM
debsik1959

After B.Tech which is the best option to do M.Tech?

i want to know after completing B.Tech if a student wants to do m.tech in bio tech. what is his/ her best option? how can he/she qualify through GATE for NIT/IIT ? is there any other option to do it elsewhere?

2nd October 2011, 06:48 PM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: After B.Tech which is the best option to do M.Tech?

Quote:
Originally Posted by debsik1959 View Post
i want to know after completing B.Tech if a student wants to do m.tech in bio tech. what is his/ her best option? how can he/she qualify through GATE for NIT/IIT ? is there any other option to do it elsewhere?
To Get admission in NIT or IIT there is no other way except GATE entrance exam for B.Tech students.

you have to prepare for GATE entrance examination.
and score very very well to get into IIT's or NIT's for Masters program as there are only few seats in these colleges

the competition for these seats is very high for this reason only.

To qualify in GATE one has to obtain the Cutoff mark of that year. This will depend upon the toughness of the paper. and the performance of the students in the same.
This criteria is calculated with the term called Percentile. You have to obtain nice percentile i.e., means like 90+ percentile then only you can expect the admission in Colleges like IIT's and NIT's.

There are other options for Masters if you want to do in other colleges except IIT's and NIT's like
you can enroll for Masters Entrance exams like
PGCET

Which will give you seat in a normal college for your masters program.
but don't opt it.

I personally suggest every body to aim the premier Institute i.e., Anyone of the IIT, if not possible then I will tell them to go for NIT at least.

But top choice should be IIT. because for the simplest reason.
They are the top institutes in providing quality education.

All the very best for your masters Program.

Regards
2nd October 2011, 07:42 PM
K.Bala Kishore

Default Re: After B.Tech which is the best option to do M.Tech?

hi friend,
you should be very much professional in your core subjects,mathematics and aptitude.
even though the competition is less in case of bio-tech,only a less number of seats are available.so i prefer you get coaching in hyderabad,ACE academy.

all the best
2nd October 2011, 08:40 PM
jevirsinh

Hi
After B.tech you go for M.tech and good option is prepare for GATE
M.tech after B.tech is a very good option for you.
It can help you and if you can do M.tech from a honourable institute like IIT NIT colleges its very good for
your future.
You can also do a job but you can see there is a very less
package for fresher or a B.Tech engineer.So you should go for M.tech.
You can do preperation for entrance paper of M.tech which is GATE.
And also get admission in a good college.

You can also do a job along with M.tech.So it will be your best choice and also
very good for you.

An M.tech engineer can get 6-7 lakhs package.and also its depend on the
company and your job

All the best
2nd October 2011, 09:03 PM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: After B.Tech which is the best option to do M.Tech?

Quote:
Originally Posted by debsik1959 View Post

Though there is an option of getting into colleges through donation but getting an M.Tech degree from such a college would be just a formality not a degree..

I mean such a degree will have no worth and no company would entertain you after having such a degree..

I would strongly recommend you to appear for the GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) exam..

In GATE..you need to score more than 600 to secure a place in any of the IITs..

GATE is the only way through which you can enter into any IIT,NIT or BITS..

So,start preparing well and i would suggest you to go for GATE coaching or at least buy the study material of a good coaching institute because that shall contain the whole of the syllabus and the complete material broken up into detailed topics..

I am sure that will help you a great deal in your preparations..

all the best..

~Hope this helps.. ~

With Warm Regards
"Nitz"
22nd February 2012, 11:32 AM
Unregistered

sir is i m just qulify in gate 2012 exam with obc categ. so is their any chance to get admission in nit i m an ec student sir plz reply me on my email [email protected] and plzzzz also provide me cut off for all top 50 collage
15th May 2012, 11:02 PM
sujukisamurai
Senior Member+

you have to prepare for GATE entrance examination.and score very very well to get into IIT's or NIT's for Masters program as there are only few seats in these collegesthe competition for these seats is very high for this reason only.To qualify in GATE one has to obtain the Cutoff mark of that year. This will depend upon the toughness of the paper. and the performance of the students in the same.
This criteria is calculated with the term called Percentile. You have to obtain nice percentile i.e., means like 90+ percentile then only you can expect the admission in Colleges like IIT's and NIT's.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?