19th February 2016, 03:33 PM
Unregistered

After doing masters degree through distance education can I write NET/SLET exam?

I will be in Delhi but by native I am from Mysore. If I do my MA English form IGNOU, can I work in Karnataka government colleges? If I do my Master degree in the IGNOU or any national universities in distance education. Is I am eligible to write NET/SLET ?

19th February 2016, 08:37 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: After doing masters degree through distance education can I write NET/SLET exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I will be in Delhi but by native I am from Mysore. If I do my MA English form IGNOU, can I work in Karnataka government colleges? If I do my Master degree in the IGNOU or any national universities in distance education. Is I am eligible to write NET/SLET ?
You have completed M.A in English from IGNOU so you are eligible for NET/SLET exam.

Those candidates who have completed masters degree from a recognized university are eligible for NET/SLET exam. General and OBC candidates should hold 55% and above marks in masters degree. For SC/ST candidate its 50% and above in masters degree.

For JRF Post, your age should be below 28 years.
19th February 2016, 08:40 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: After doing masters degree through distance education can I write NET/SLET exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
If the master's degree has been attained from a recognized university then as per UGC rules, you are most definitely eligible to give the NET Examination.

UGC NET Eligibility Criteria:-
  • You need to have a post graduate degree in any discipline of your choice from a recognized university.
  • It is important to secure at least 55% of marks at post graduation level.
  • For the post of lectureship there is an upper age limit of 28 years.
  • For the JRF post there is no upper age limit as such.
Exam Pattern:-

The exam pattern consists of two papers. The first paper consists of objective type questions. There will be sixty questions out of which 50 needs to be answered. You will get a little over one hour to complete the paper and total marks allotted for the exam is one hour.

Paper II and III consists of questions on papers chosen by the candidate. In the second paper there will be compulsory 50 MCQs and for the third paper there will be 75 compulsory MCQs. 100 marks has been allotted for paper II and 150 marks for paper III.

Please Note:- There is no negative marking for this exam.

UGC NET 2015 Cut-off:-
  • Paper I:- 40%
  • Paper II:- 40%
  • Paper III:- 50%
19th February 2016, 08:45 PM
kachhadiyaramesh

Yes. You are eligible for NET eventhough you have completed your master's course from open university.

Eligibility
- You must have completed master's course with atleast 55% from a recognized university.
- Your age must be less than 28 years for JRF and No age limit for Lecturership.

Application Procedure
- Visit site : www.cbsenet.nic.in
- Register online through your mail id & mobile number.
- Fill the application form online.
- Pay the registration fees online.
- Submit the application.
- Print the application & Keep it for your reference.

NET Exam Pattern

Paper I
- Total 60 questions from which you will have to attend only 50 questions.
- Total Marks : 100

Paper II
- Total 50 compulsory questions will be asked.
- Total Marks : 100

Paper III
- Total 75 compulsory questions will be asked.
- Total Marks : 150
20th February 2016, 07:19 AM
kantraman

No doubt you can write NET/SET after doing master degree through distance education.As 55% marks and age of 28 years for JRF is essential but no age limit for Lecturership is require.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?