17th February 2010, 09:51 PM
veer87

Age eligibility to joining Air Force in Flying Branch? I am just few days younger than required

HI GUYS I AM REALLY CONFUSED PLEASE HELP ME OUT !!

I AM DOING MY FINAL YEAR B.TECH..I WANTED TO JOIN AIR FORCE IN FLYING BRANCH BUT THERE AGE LIMIT IS 19- 23 YEARS (i.ei not earlier than 2nd jan, 1988) AS I WAS BORN ON 19th Dec 1987. being 12 days late....is thare any chance i can give this exam??? as i didnt know this before...please help me out guys ..i am in real mess

18th February 2010, 09:36 PM
Mintoo
Senior Member++

Default Re: Age eligibility to joining Air Force in Flying Branch? I am just few days younger than required

Eligibility criteria for Flying Branch: Age -19 to 23 years.........
18th February 2010, 09:41 PM
veer87

Default Re: Age eligibility to joining Air Force in Flying Branch? I am just few days younger than required

please reply yar !!! any suggestion?...i am in real mess...i really dont know what to do after my B.Tech gets completed ???
19th February 2010, 10:48 AM
atanu
Senior Member++

dear friend
i am sorry to tell you that you are not eligible for give this exam..
because in side of defense services they have very strict rule and regulation ...
for this type of thing...
but don't worry ...you can try it in another way.
so
good luck.
19th February 2010, 03:41 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility criteria for Flying Branch is that your Age is between 19 to 23 years. Marital Status - Single

Nationality - Indian

Gender - This is applicable to both men and women.

Educational Qualifications - One should have completed his/hers B.E. (four years) to join the Flying branch.
19th February 2010, 05:55 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Ya still you have oppurtunity.

80% entry schemes to IAF are menat for flying branch.Only selected entry schemes are there where non-flying cadre are selected.

you can join IAF in there flying branch as a flying officer which is equivalent to liutenent in army and sub liutenent in navy.

CDS: combined defense service,an entrance conducted by upsc (http://upsc.gov.in)twice every year,for entry into IAF.INS and IN.Minimum eligibility criteria for it is the candidate must have passed bachelor degree from any stream,however age limit for it also is 23 years,but still there is a chance for you since there is Fluctuation of date of birth as because it is held twice a year.

SSC: short service commission,for the limited period 10 years which is extendable upto 14 years and later on to permanant commission this entry is specialy meant for engineers.Age limit is different for bachelor degree and different for master degree holders.

UES:university entry scheme,is meant for any student who have completed his first university degree,menas bachelor degree,age limit varies from bachelor to master degree holder and also different for engineers.

Fast track entry scheme,in this IAF recruit engineers from selected institutes across the India and through fair or rally etc. specially aeronautical,mechanical and eletronics & communication engineers.

Besides these there are various other entry schemes for engineers in technical as well as combat (flying) branches like logistic cadre,direct recruitment program for engineers and a new entry scheme (i forgot the name) which is meant for mechanical,aeronautical,electronics and communication and elctrical engineers,in which an open all india level entrance is held.

You are eligible for All entry scheme mentioned above except CDS.

So,don't worry just go ahead to explore your dreams.
Please visit IAF's official website- http://www.careerairforce.nic.in for more clear vision and also keep reading employment news all announcement are done there.

Hope I am able to clear you query to some extent.

Best of luck
19th February 2010, 06:19 PM
amit04051988
Senior Member+

hi

sorry dear you are not eligible for this exam
even if you were born 1 day before that is on 1st jan 1988 then also you won't be eligible for the exam because this is defance & they can never break the rules.
23rd February 2010, 06:01 PM
veer87

thank you all for replying..this means i am eligible for TECHNICAL branch only? no chance in FLYING branch?? as i wanted to become an PILOT
24th February 2010, 12:26 PM
princearyan
Senior Member+

sorry you are nor eligible for this ..
good luck...
27th February 2010, 11:19 PM
veer87

thank you all...but tell me something about technical branch??? isnt there any way with which i can opt for FLYING branch as well??
24th May 2010, 11:27 PM
Unregistered

Hi! I am Pankaj.I want to know that if there is any percentage bar to join flying branch through cds exam.
24th May 2010, 11:45 PM
Bella
Senior Member++++

no,it doesnt maater hw many days you are younger than the required age.yopu need to be as much as it is for being eligible so you cant go for the exam this time
better try next time
25th May 2010, 05:47 PM
phuchi

eligibility
and you must be pursuing or completed your BE/b.tech
31st May 2010, 01:03 AM
Unregistered

sir i am now continueing BCA. i want to know is there any post to join in IAF after complition of my course.
9th June 2010, 02:54 PM
Unregistered

excuse me, sir i m Ncc 'c' certificate 'b' grade holder with b.sc.(comp. sci.) 47% and my aim to join the FLYING BRANCH as pilot.what i can do?
Plz, sir
2nd July 2010, 03:20 PM
Unregistered

i m doing BE,now in 2nd year........
any how i want to join in airforce
what can i do for that?
7th July 2010, 08:30 PM
Unregistered

I passed 12th with 80% in pcm gr. i want to join air force and navy please give me any sugg.
8th July 2010, 01:01 AM
Gop
Senior Member+

Thumbs up Re: Age eligibility to joining Air Force in Flying Branch? I am just few days younger than required

Hi,

I dont know, Is this thread still going.

Anyways, Govt entry norms, that to Defence entry is highly strict.

Sorry to say that you are not eligible. Hope for the best in your next venture.
Best of Luck.
8th July 2010, 08:34 AM
gohan4

HI
you should apply for this exam .may be if you eligible and belong to air force they
can ignore you 12 days .but you should perform best because they chose the best.
8th July 2010, 09:19 PM
rohitkumarramesh
Senior Member++++

Its not possible for you to apply for this recruitment. As they have a criteria for the age limit . so it will be good chance for you to prepare yourself for the next exam of IAF.
15th July 2010, 11:01 PM
Hitha Nanjappa

you are not elligible if you are under age... wait for next year...
16th July 2010, 12:07 PM
Unregistered

Hi
now i am doing BE(ECE) final year.. i want to join in INDIAN AIRFORCE FLYING BRANCH.. Till now my percentage are 70%.. I want to Became a PILOT.. so what can i do.? I am eligible for this Job.. Please Tell Me..
1st August 2010, 12:57 AM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello dear

through the NDA age limitation is 17-19 year.

through the UPSC exam age limitation is 21-29 year.

all the best.......
20th August 2010, 09:21 PM
Somesh Goenka
Senior Member+++

Hello,

As you are not within the eligible age limit, therefore, you cannot appear for it this year.
However, you should prepare so that you may appear next year for the same.

Jai Hind!
20th September 2010, 12:26 AM
Unregistered

SIR I COMPLETED MY B.E AND MY AGE IS 25 YEARS . AM I ELEGIBILE FOR TECHNICAL POST.
21st September 2010, 04:57 PM
Unregistered

yes u r eligible. Barrier is till 28.
24th October 2010, 08:28 PM
Unregistered

sir i want to apply for CDS exam 2011(Air force). My date of birth is 6th july 1988. AM i eligible for this or not?
30th November 2010, 11:42 PM
VEERU_VIRENDR
Senior Member+

Age limit for flying branch exam 19-23yr.,if you are in the end of your 23's then sorry to say that you are not eligible.for more information visit-www.carrierairforce.nic
7th January 2011, 08:05 PM
Unregistered

such strict things fr pilot branch..i cleared in 2007 wen i was 21 yrs old but didnt have degree in hand so cdnt join academy.. by the time i it came i became overage..age shd be till 25 yrs for flying..m broken..
1st May 2011, 10:09 PM
Unregistered

i have many sci-fi ideas in my mind which i want to give for my country...........please tell me how can i get entry in indian airforce............................
31st August 2011, 07:05 PM
Unregistered

i was completed my b.pharmacy .can i join the flying branch & no then any wy to join,please sugg........
2nd October 2011, 11:33 PM
Unregistered

HI,
i am junat ,
i have seen so many comment , question and query from so many candidate in website .mostly have problem in age because they didn't come to know proper detail in proper time , they get miss the chance only being some days younger or elder.and personally i know a person who had extra ordinary marks in final year maths ( science ) around 87% even than he rejected from air force flying branch . Only due being elder than 1 year as per eligibility. so i think Indian difference should do something for such candidate . they have capability to do that work more than who are selected recently but they miss the chance only due to age.I wish Indian difference find out some way for this issue.

thanks,
3rd October 2011, 12:30 AM
jevirsinh

Hello
For Airforce Eligibility criteria is following
Age between 19 - 23 year.
Education graduate
You can apply for following entrance exams:

CDS which is conducted every year by upsc for entry to airforce,navy and army,details regarding examination will be released in employment news,or
visit upsc's official website
www.upsc.gov.in

UES : university entry scheme is a scheme for graduates to entry into defense,you have to pass entrance ans ssb interview and medical test for it.

there are several mode of entries to airforse as well defense like technical entry scheme etc,you can get all the
details from
http://www.indianairforce.nic.in

Good luck
6th March 2013, 07:19 PM
Unregistered

i 'm doing final year bsc.computer science
i was completed 12th with 50% and competed 10th with 70%
category:sc
height:160cm ..
palce:kerala

Can i eligibily to join airforce in flying brach or other????
pls answer...
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?