12th January 2013, 12:58 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to give NET and GATE exam?

Sir i want to know whose candidate are eligible to give the NET and GATE exam

16th February 2013, 11:21 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to give NET and GATE exam?

NET is conducted for selecting candidates to JRF or lectureship. Master degree holders can apply for NET in the concerned subject. Candidates must have obtained the qualification with a minimum of 55% marks. GATE exam is conducted for selecting candidates to M.Tech degree. B.tech/M.Sc holders in specific subjects can apply for GATE.
5th March 2013, 06:57 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

NET stands for National Eligibility Test which is conducted by the University Grants Commission . This exam is conduct for -1)JRF 2)Lectureship post 3)PHD admission

Those candidate have completed masters degree from recognized university are eligible for NET exam but their is also some marks criteria.For general and OBC candidate must be hold 55% above marks in masters degree. For SC/ST candidate must be hold 50% above in masters degree.

There is a age criteria for Junior Research Fellowship .Your age should be below 28 years old. Age relaxation upto 5 years is provided to the candidates belonging to SC / ST / PWD / OBC .For the post of Lectureship , There is no upper age limit .

GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering .This exam is conducted for M-Tech admission , PHD admission and some of the organization recruit the candidate through GATE score.

If you have Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology or Architecture/Design or its equivalent or Masters degree in science department are applicable for GATE Exam.There is no marks criteria.
6th March 2013, 03:04 PM
DKG7
Senior Member+++

Thumbs up Re: Am I eligible to give NET and GATE exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

hi friend,

GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering

You must have a bachelor of degree in engineering/Technology/Architecture/B.Sc degree/Post-Diploma from a recognized university...

There is no marks criteria.....

Syllabus :

NET stands for National Eligibility Test

NET Conducted for Two Post:

** Junior Research Fellowship
** Lectureship

Post Graduation pass with minimum 55% marks for the General and OBC candidates.....

minimum 50% marks for the SC/ST candidates....

There is no any Age Criteria for applying Lectureship Post but for Junior Research Fellowship Post age not Exist 28 years this exam.....

Net exams are held in June and December...

All the best.....
6th March 2013, 08:17 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

NET and GATE are two completely different entrance exams. Let me explain both the entrance exams for you.

General Aptitude Test for Engineering (GATE) is the entrance exam for admission in M.Tech. You must have completed B.Tech course to appear for the GATE entrance exam.

Apart from B.Tech graduates, M.Sc and MCA graduates can also appear for General Aptitude Test for Engineering to get admission for M.Tech course. There is no issue of the percentage in the course. Final year students are also eligible to appear for this entrance exam.

There is no limit on number of attempts. Please remember that GATE score is only valid for 2 years. Apart from M.Tech admission, GATE score is also required for job in Public Sector Undertaking.

NET

The National Eligibility Test is conducted for Junior Research Fellowship and college lectureship. If you want to become lecturer in central government college then it is mandatory to clear National Eligibility Test.

The entrance exam is conducted twice a year by University Grants Commission.

Eligibility

1. Post graduate candidates are eligible to appear.

2. You should have 55 percent marks.

3. SC/ST need 50 percent marks.

4. Final year students of post graduation are also eligible.

5. NET subject should be selected based on your PG degree.

6. There is no limit on attempts.

7. Junior Research Fellowship candidate should not be more than 28 years old.

8. OBC can appear for JRF till 31 years.

9. SC/ST can appear till 33 years for JRF.

10. There is no upper age limit for college lectureship.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?