8th November 2017, 08:58 AM
Dikshant7

Am I eligible for AFCAT exam if I have secured below 60% in 12th but have secured more than 60 % in graduation?

Am I eligible for AFCAT exam if I have secured below 60% in 12th but have secured more than 60 % in graduation? Can you please provide me with the minimum criteria which are followed? It will be helpful if you can get back to me soon. Thanks!

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to get job in TCS if secured 59.94% in graduation?
  2. Eligibility to appear in IBPS CWE exam for a candidate who has secured 50% in B.Com? -- [New]
  3. Am I eligible for this year NIMCET Exam having secured 68.8% in 10th, 59.2% in 12th and 62.25% in Graduation?
  4. Am I eligible to apply for IBPS PO exam if secured 54.3% in 10th, 51.5% in 12th and 55% in Graduation?
  5. What is the eligibility criteria for TCS on campus? -- [Most Discussed]
  6. Am I eligible to get scholarship if secured 90.8% in 12th CBSE being a Graduation student?
  7. Applicable post in Indian Army for post graduation pursuing candidate who secured 50% in 10th, 67% in 12th and 50% in graduation?
  8. Am I eligible for Civil Competitive Exam after scoring 57% in 12th?
  9. Eligibility to get Technical Entry in AFCAT for a candidate who has secured 55% aggregate in B.Tech?
  10. Scholarships available to study further for a candidate who has secured 90.8% in 12th?
  11. Am I eligible for UP TET Exam being a candidate having secured 44.1% in Graduation?
  12. What is the percentage of marks required in B.E ECE for getting a government job?
  13. Am I eligible for next UPSC and AFCAT Exam having secured 68% in EEE?
  14. Possibility to apply for Air Force Common Admission Test (AFCAT) if secured 61% in PG but less than 60% in graduation?
  15. Can i sit for iGATE placement with 65% marks in BE?
  16. Am i eligible to apply for NTPC HR executive exam? I have secured 55% in graduation
  17. With a score of 75 in CLAT and 85% in 12th am I eligible for LLB honours?
  18. Can I eligible for Air Force through CDS or AFCAT having secured 68% in B.Tech having one backlog in B.Tech 1st semester?
9th November 2017, 09:51 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Am I eligible for AFCAT exam if I have secured below 60% in 12th but have secured more than 60 % in graduation?

AFCAT refers to Air force Common Admission Test and same examination is held for recruitment as commissioned officer in Indian Air force.

--> Further the minimum criteria required for appearing in AFCAT are as here under :-

* You must have the citizenship of India.

* You age must lie within 20 years to 24 years for joining flying branch and 20 years to 26 years for joining ground duty.

* You must have completed your graduation in Physics or Mathematics or Engineering stream for joining flying branch. For joining ground duty graduation degree in any discipline is required from a recognized university.

* You must satisfy physical fitness as per the service requirements.

Now as far as you are concerned about your eligibility for appearing in AFCAT having managed less than 60% marks in your Class 12th then I would like to let you know that the marks in Class 12th does not matters for AFCAT eligibility.

For details regarding AFCAT you can refer to the link www.careerairforce.nic.in
10th November 2017, 08:55 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for AFCAT exam if I have secured below 60% in 12th but have secured more than 60 % in graduation?

AFCAT stands for Air Force Common Admission Test. AFCAT is conducted by Indian Air Force twice every year for selection of candidates to ground duty, technical and flying branch.

For flying branch, bachelor's degree in engineering or science is required for technical branch. Mathematics and Physics in bachelor's degree in science is necessary. Candidates from all discipline are eligible for Ground Duty branch of Air Force. You are eligible for AFCAT exam after securing 60% marks in 12th and more than 60% marks in bachelor's degree.
10th November 2017, 09:23 PM
Angry Girl
Senior Member+++++

AFCAT ( Air Force Common Admission Test ) and examination is conducted for recruitment of candidates in Air Force.

Yes, you are eligible to appear in examination after graduation there is no limitation on aggregate of 12th board examination.

The age limit to appear in examination varies with post. The examination is conducted in two stages as Written and SSB ( Service Selection Board ).

So, visit at www.careerairforce.nic.in.
10th November 2017, 09:42 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

The full form of AFCAT is Air Force Common Admission Test.

1. Bachelor's degree candidates from different discipline can apply for AFCAT exam for ground duty branch.

Science and engineering stream candidates can apply for other two branches namely flying and technical branch.

2. The age limit for ground duty branch is 19-26 years.

You are eligible for AFCAT exam with more than 60% marks in graduation.
10th November 2017, 09:47 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

AFCAT Exam is conducted for graduate candidates for recruitment to following branches of AFCAT i.e.
  • Ground Duty
  • Flying
  • Technical

For getting recruited in Ground Duty branch, you must have studied 10+2 with Physics and Mathematics. And you must be B.E./B.Tech graduate in any stream.

For getting entry to Flying branch, you must have secured above 60% marks in Physics and Mathematics in 12th. And you must be B.E/B.Tech graduate.

For getting admission to Technical branch, you must be 12th passed with PCM and a B.E./B.Tech graduate.

Hence, you can apply for Ground Duty and Technical branch of AFCAT only.
11th November 2017, 07:35 PM
srkallinone

You are eligible to apply for AFCAT with 60% aggregate in graduation.

AFCAT Eligibility
- You must have passed bachelor's degree with minimum 60% aggregate marks from a recognized university.
- Age Limit : 20 to 24 years for Flying Branch, 20 to 26 for Technical Branch and Ground Duty.
12th March 2019, 08:31 PM
Unregistered

I have scored less than 60 marks in maths class 12.if i got more than 60 in NIOS MATHS EXAM ,will i be eligible for the AFCAT FLYING BRANCH ??PLEASE ANSWER MY QUERY
15th March 2019, 06:29 PM
divyasharma65

Smile Re: Am I eligible for AFCAT exam if I have secured below 60% in 12th but have secured more than 60 % in graduation?

Yes You are Eligible for AFCAT Exam.

Eligibility Criteria

Flying Branch

(a) Age: 19 to 23 years

(Upper age limit for Candidates holding valid and current Commercial Pilot Licence issued by DGCA (India) is relaxable up to 25 years.

(b) Educational Qualifications: Graduates (Minimum three year degree course) in any discipline from a recognized University who have attained minimum 60% marks in aggregate in all papers put together and have passed Maths and Physics at 10+2 level OR BE / B Tech degree (Four year course) from a recognized University with minimum 60% marks in aggregate in all papers put together.

Technical Branch

(a) Age: 18 to 28 years (b) Educational Qualifications:

(i) Aeronautical Engineer (Electronics) {AE (L)}. Candidates applying for AE (L) branch will be eligible if they have undergone a minimum of four year degree qualification from a recognized University or cleared Sections A and B examination of Associate Membership of Institution of Engineers (India) or Aeronautical Society of India or Graduate membership examination of the Institute of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers by actual studies.

(ii) Aeronautical Engineer (Mechanical) {AE (M)}. Candidates applying for AE (M) branch would be eligible if they have undergone a minimum of four-year degree qualification from a recognized University or cleared Sections A and B examination of Associate Membership of Institution of Engineers (India) or Aeronautical Society of India by actual studies.

For Further Detail, You can visit here: https://tarainstitute.in/afcat-coaching-in-delhi/
4th August 2019, 03:16 PM
Unregistered

I am having 58% in 12th science and B.Tech i have 70% am i eligible for afcat?
27th November 2019, 01:40 PM
Unregistered

I am having above 60% 12th std.. but in graduation i got 59.02% can i apply for ground duty non-technical?
4th February 2020, 08:59 PM
Unregistered

I have 48 % in 12th commerce and I have score 61% in bcom degree. I am eligible for afcat exam
13th February 2020, 08:40 PM
Unregistered

If I have 59% in 12th nd secured 60% in graduation (BSC- non med),am I eligible for afcat flying branch?
7th April 2020, 01:09 AM
Unregistered

I got less in physics and maths but good in graduation can I apply for flying branch?
31st May 2020, 11:30 PM
Unregistered

I have secured less than 60% in my B.E, am I eligible for AFCAT Examination?
20th July 2020, 12:25 AM
Unregistered

For flying branch Bsc.Maths /Bsc.Physics or Engineering degreee is eligible ???or only Engineering graduates can apply ??..if only engineering graduate,,,which stream is better in engineering????
20th July 2020, 11:26 PM
doctor sahiba
Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
For flying branch Bsc.Maths /Bsc.Physics or Engineering degreee is eligible ???or only Engineering graduates can apply ??..if only engineering graduate,,,which stream is better in engineering????
••••Yes, bsc physics/maths is also eligible for AFCAT flying branch.

••••The eligibility criteria for Flying branch is
Candidates must have passed with a minimum of 60% in Maths and Physics at Class 12 and
Graduation in any discipline with 60% or equivalent. Or
BE/BTech with 60% or equivalent.
29th July 2020, 10:01 PM
Unregistered

Do we have to select for ground duty, flying duty, technical duty before applying for afcat or they select on the basis of entrance marks.

And same with cds do we need to select for ima,ina,afa,ota before applying for cds and do their question paper is same for all the department of cds or not plz reply
15th August 2020, 07:43 PM
Ankur.Sunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Do we have to select for ground duty, flying duty, technical duty before applying for afcat or they select on the basis of entrance marks.

And same with cds do we need to select for ima,ina,afa,ota before applying for cds and do their question paper is same for all the department of cds or not plz reply
Yes, you will need to apply for the service you want to get in.
Also, you will need to qualify the minimum eligibility criteria for the post you want to apply for.

Eligibility criteria:
- A candidate must be an Indian citizen
- For flying branch = Age must be in between 20-24 years
- For Ground Duty = The age of candidates should be between 20-26 years
- A candidate must be unmarried
- A candidate must have completed 12th with 60% in mathematics and physics
Also, a candidate needs to have passed Graduation with atleast 60%
20th September 2021, 04:30 PM
Unregistered

I got 52 % in and 65 % in bsc computer science can I join afcat flying branch
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?