25th December 2016, 12:04 PM
Unregistered

Possibility to apply for Air Force Common Admission Test (AFCAT) if secured 61% in PG but less than 60% in graduation?

Hello sir, I got less than 60% in graduation but I scored 61% in Post Graduation. Please tell me am I eligible to apply for Air Force Common Admission Test (AFCAT)?

26th December 2016, 11:49 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility to apply for Air Force Common Admission Test (AFCAT) if secured 61% in PG but less than 60% in graduation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello sir, I got less than 60% in graduation but I scored 61% in Post Graduation. Please tell me am I eligible to apply for Air Force Common Admission Test (AFCAT)?
You are a graduate and post graduate candidate so you are eligible for AFCAT exam in Ground duty post.

Those candidates who have completed in PG Degree/Bachelor Degree in any subjects from a recognized university are eligible for Ground Duty Branches .

Your age should be in between 19 to 27 years.
27th December 2016, 10:34 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility to apply for Air Force Common Admission Test (AFCAT) if secured 61% in PG but less than 60% in graduation?

AFCAT stands for Air Force Common Admission Test and examination is conducted for recruitment in Air Force.

The eligibility to appear for examination is :-

Candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university in any discipline if have 10+2 with Mathematics and Physcis or for :-

Flying Branch - The age limit is 20-24 years and discipline must be B.Tech or B.E.

Ground Duty - The age limit is 20-26 years and bachelor degree in any discipline.

Technical Branch - The age limit is 20-26 years and four year bachelor degree.

The examination is conducted in two stages as written examination and SSB. The minimum required aggregate is 60% in bachelor degree. So, you cannot appear for examination. For more information about examination visit at www.careerairforce.nic.in.
28th December 2016, 09:57 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

AFCAT that is Air Force Common Admission test is conducted by Indian Air Force for recruitment of candidates into different branches like Flying branch, Technical branch and Ground Duty branch etc. The minimum percentage of marks required to become eligible for flying branch or technical branch is 60% in bachelor's degree. You have less than 60% marks, you are not eligible for these two branches.

But as you have done master's degree with 61% marks, you can apply for ground duty branch under AFCAT. The age limit is 19-26 years. AFCAT is conducted twice every year. For any more details, you can visit official website which is http://www.careerairforce.nic.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?