1st March 2012, 08:51 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to appear for Lectureship Exam having completed Post Graduation in Biochemistry in 1987? Which subject is a good choice for me for this Exam?

I am a postgraduate in Biochemistry by research in1987. My graduation is in microbiology. I want to know whether i am eligible to appear for Lectureship exam. If so what should be my subject of choice. Earlier there used to be Life science exam. However, now i do not see it in the list of subject. please help.

24th October 2012, 10:24 AM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear for Lectureship Exam having completed Post Graduation in Biochemistry in 1987? Which subject is a good choice for me for this Exam?

hi,
[IMG]3.bp.blogspot.com/-aOQKzdj6pII/ToguLNJ-M7I/AAAAAAAAAMk/1tnpT2dYtxY/s1600/NET-exam.jpg[/IMG]
The National Eligibility Test, conducted by University Grant Commission is taken by candidates for the following:
Lectureship
Junior Research Fellowship
Now, the candidate who opts for the Junior Research Fellowship needs to be within the maximum age limit of 28 years.
For candidates belonging to Sc/St category, the maximum age limit is relaxed upto 5 years.
However, candidates not opting for Junior Research Fellowship may take the test at any age as there is no age limit for the same.
In both the cases, candidate must hold a masters degree and have scored a minimum of 55% marks in the qualifying examination conducted by a recognized university. The required percentage of marks is relaxed upto 5% for candidates belonging to Sc/St category.
For more,
www.ugc.ac.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?