30th July 2016, 10:28 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to appear in UGC NET after doing PG Diploma in Aeronautical engineering (electrical)?

AM i eligible to appear in UGC NET exam after doing B.Tech in Electronics and Communication from UPTU and PG diploma in aeronautical engineering(electrical) from VTU?
Is Pg Diploma from recognised university sufficient to appear in UGC NET? The Pg diploma that i have done is of one year. Please guide.

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to get admission in Aeronautical engineering after completion of diploma in Electrical engineering?
  2. Am I eligible to do Aeronautical Engineering after doing diploma in electrical and electronics?
  3. How to join in Aeronautical Engineering after completing diploma in Electrical and Electronics engineering with 80%? Which entrance exam to appear to join Aeronautical Engineering? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. Am I eligible to get admission for Aeronautical engineering after completion of diploma in electrical and electronics engineering? -- [New]
  5. Am I eligible to do diploma in aeronautical engineering after 10th standard with 95%+ marks?
  6. Possibility to study B.Tech(Aeronautical Engineering) for Diploma Electrical Engineer?
  7. Aeronautical engineering after diploma in electrical and electronical engineering?
  8. How many branches are there to study in Polytechnic course?
  9. Am I eligible to get in Aeronautical Engineering through lateral entry?
  10. Can I study Aeronautical Engineering after completion of Diploma in Computer Engineering?
  11. Aeronautical engineering after completing diploma in Computer Science?
  12. Can I do polytechnic in 2017 if failed in Maths of HS?
  13. Courses available to study for a candidate who has completed 10th around 6 years ago?
  14. How to join in Aeronautical engineering after completing diploma with 84%? -- [Most Discussed]
  15. Details of universities which offer AICTE and UGC approved Diploma in Electrical Engineering in India
  16. How to take admission in Aeronautical Engineering after completing diploma engineering in electrical engineering? Procedure for diploma in Aeronautical Degree?
  17. Can i appear for UGCNET after doing PG Diploma in Bioinformatics?
  18. Am I eligible for Aeronautical Engineering after completing diploma mechanical with 70%? List of Aeronautical Engineering colleges in Maharashtra?
31st July 2016, 03:09 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear in UGC NET after doing PG Diploma in Aeronautical engineering (electrical)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
AM i eligible to appear in UGC NET exam after doing B.Tech in Electronics and Communication from UPTU and PG diploma in aeronautical engineering(electrical) from VTU?
Is Pg Diploma from recognised university sufficient to appear in UGC NET? The Pg diploma that i have done is of one year. Please guide.
You have done PG diploma in aeronautical engineering, So you are not eligible for UGC NETexam.

Those candidates who have completed masters degree from a recognized university are eligible for UGC NET exam. General and OBC candidates should hold 55% and above marks in masters degree. For SC/ST candidate its 50% and above in masters degree.

Age criteria for UGC NET exam:-

For JRF Post :-Your age should be below 28 years.

For Lectureship Post :-There is no age criteria.
31st July 2016, 05:19 PM
secret29
Senior Member+

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear in UGC NET after doing PG Diploma in Aeronautical engineering (electrical)?

Yes, You are eligible for the NET entrance exam, because as per eligibility norms a candidates who have secured at least 55% marks (without rounding off) in Master’s Degree OR equivalent examination from universities/institutions recognised by UGC in Humanities (including languages) and Social Science, Computer Science & Applications, Electronic Science etc. are eligible for this Test.

For more details please visit the website http://cbsenet.nic.in/cbsenet/Eligibility.htm
31st July 2016, 10:33 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to appear in UGC NET Examination being a PG Diploma in Aeronautical Engineering (Electrical) candidate. Candidates having Post Graduate Diploma or Certificate awarded by Indian University or Institute or foreign Degree or Certificate or Diploma by the foreign University or institute should in their own interest ascertain the equivalent of the diploma or post graduate diploma from a recognized university.
31st July 2016, 11:33 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

No, you will not be eligible to appear in UGC NET after doing PG Diploma in Aeronautical engineering. The minimum academic qualification required for NET is two years post graduation course.

NET stands for National Eligibility Test . It is an entrance examination conducted by UGC (university grant commission) at national level for the candidates who wishes to get teaching jobs in government university.

Eligibility for appearing in NET are as under :-

-The candidate must be an Indian.

-The candidate should have completed Masters degree in related subjects with minimum 55% of marks without rounding off. Final year appearing student can also apply for the exam.

-There is no upper age limit to apply for the NET exam .
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?