14th September 2017, 01:37 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to appear for UPSC CDS if pursuing B.Sc in Yoga?

Hello, Am I eligible to appear for UPSC CDS if pursuing B.Sc in Yoga? Can you please provide me the details in advance so that I can start the process which is required from my end? It will be really helpful if you can answer me back soon. Thank you!

15th September 2017, 08:30 AM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear for UPSC CDS if pursuing B.Sc in Yoga?

The full form of CDS is Combined Defence Services. CDS examination is conducted twice every year by UPSC.

1. Graduates of any discipline are eligible for Officer's Training Academy and Indian Military academy. B.Sc in Yoga candidates can apply for OTA and IMA through CDS exam.

2. The age criteria is 19-25 years for OTA and 19-24 years for IMA.

You can wait for notification of CDS I exam of 2018 to apply for it. Visit official website of UPSC CDS frequently for latest updates.
15th September 2017, 09:11 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

CDS stands for Combined Defence Services. Union Public Service Commission conducts this exam twice every year. Yes, Bachelor of Science in Yoga candidates are eligible for CDS exam.

CDS exam is conducted for recruitment in different academies of Defence like:

>>Indian Military Academy.

>>Officer's Training Academy.

>>Indian Naval Academy.

>>Air Force Academy.

You are eligible for OTA and IMA only. The age limit for OTA is 19-25 years and that for IMA is 19-24 years. No upper age relaxation applicable to candidates of any category. Both unmarried male and female candidates can apply for this exam.

There are two stages written test and Service Selection Board in this exam.
15th September 2017, 11:15 AM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Any graduate candidate or final year candidate of graduation is eligible to appear for UPSC CDS Exam.

For clearing UPSC CDS Exam, you need to crack three stages i.e.
  • Written Exam
  • SSB Interview
  • Medical Test

Some of the books that you may refer for UPSC CDS Exam preparation are:

Pathfinder CDS: Combined Defence Services Entrance Examination (English) (Paperback)
Author: Tripathi, Brijesh|Author; Rawat, Satyajeet|Author; Goyal, Neetika|Author;
Released: 2012
Publisher: Arihant Publications
Price: Rs. 495

General Knowledge Manual (English) (Paperback)
Author: Jha S N
Released: 2015
Publisher: Kalinjar Publication
Price: Rs.94

Pathfinder Cds Examination Conducted By UPSC (English) 3 Edition (Paperback)
Released: 2015
Publisher: Arihant
Price: Rs.460

Handbook of Mathematics - A Multipurpose Quick Revision Resource {PB} (English) (Class 11th and 12th)
Author: Arihant Experts
Publisher: Arihant Publications(I) Pvt.Ltd - Meerut
Price: Rs.120

Handbook of Chemistry A Multipurpose Quick Revision Resource (English) (Class - 11th and 12th)
Author: Arihant Experts
Released: 2012
Publisher: Arihant Publications(I) Pvt.Ltd - Meerut
Price: Rs.149
15th September 2017, 11:35 AM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

CDS stands for Combined Defence Service and examination is conducted twice in a year bu UPSC.

The examination is conducted for recruitment in Air Force, Army, Navy and OTA.

But, after completion of B.Sc in Yoga you are eligible to appear in examination for recruitment in Army and OTA only.

The age limit to appear in examination is 19-25 years.

The examination is conducted in two stages as Written and SSB. Candidates have to qualify in both stages for final selection.

The question in written examination are asked from English, General Knowledge and Mathematics. To get syllabus and any other detail regarding examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
15th September 2017, 12:12 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to appear in CDS examination. CDS provides an opportunity to candidates who are interested in serving the nation by joining defence service.

The examination is conducted by UPSC twice in a year. The common eligibility to appear in examination is candidate must have passed bachelor degree.

Navy - B.Tech/B.E in bachelor degree from a recognised university.

Air Force - Mathematics and Physics as main paper in 12th and bachelor degree.

Army and OTA - Bachelor degree in any discipline.

So, you can appear in examination but will be only eligible for recruitment in Army and Officer's Training Academy. The age limit also varies with wing.

To get complete details about examination, syllabus and selection procedure visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
15th September 2017, 01:17 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

UPSC CDS means Union Public Service Commission Combined Defence Services. This is entrance exam which allows female unmarried candidates to enter into Defence. The eligibility criteria is:

For IMA and OTA: Bachelor's degree is minimum qualification required.

Age criteria:

IMA: 19-24 years.

OTA: 19-25 years.

You are eligible for CDS exam for IMA and OTA but not for AFA and INA after pursuing bachelor's degree in Yoga.
15th September 2017, 02:51 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Union Public Service Commission organizes Combined Defence Services exam two times every year. The basic criteria for this exam is bachelor's degree. In case of Naval academy and Air Force Academy, Bachelor's degree in science or engineering is required. It clarifies that you will not be eligible for these two.

The remaining two is Officer's Training Academy and Indian Military Academy. Bachelor of Science in Yoga candidates can apply for OTA and IMA. Your age should be below 25 years to apply for this exam.
15th September 2017, 05:00 PM
ravinayadav256

Eligibility criteria for UPSC CDS exam:-

For indian naval academy:-

Candidate must have degree in engineering from a recognized university.

Age limit:- 19 years to 22 years

For air force academy:-

Candidate must have bachelor's degree(physics and math at 12th level) from a recognized university.

Age limit:- 20 years to 21 years

For IMA/OTA :-

Student must have passed a bachelor's degree from a recognized university.

Age limit:- 19 years to 22 years.
15th September 2017, 07:12 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

Having completed your graduation degree with B.Sc in Yoga you are certainly eligible for appearing in UPSC CDS ( Combined Defense Services ) examination to join its IMA ( Indian Military Academy ) and OTA ( Officer's Training Academy ). You can even join AFA ( Air force Academy ) if you have studied Mathematics and Physics at your Class 12th level.

* Further for appearing in CDS entrance examination to join above mentioned wings of CDS you must have following qualifications ( apart from your educational qualification mentioned ) :-

i) You must be an Indian citizen.

ii) Your age must lie within 19 years to 23 years for AFA, 19 years to 24 years for IMA and 19 years to 25 years for OTA.

iii) You must satisfy the physical fitness requirement norms as specified in the notification released for the same examination.

For more details related to CDS entrance examination you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in ..
15th September 2017, 07:16 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to appear in CDS ( Combined Defence Service ) Examination. The examination is conducted for recruitment in defence services.

The eligibility to appear in examination varies different wings of services. The examination is conducted for recruitment in Air Force, Navy, Army and OTA.

Air Force - 12th with Physics and Mathematics, age limit 19-23 years.

Navy - Bachelor degree in Technology or Engineering and age limit is 19-22 years.

Army - Bachelor degree in any discipline and age limit is 19-24 years.

OTA - Bachelor degree in any discipline and age limit is 19-25 years.

So, you are eligible to appear in examination but only for recruitment in Army and OTA.

The examination is conducted in two stages as Written and SSB stages. For detail information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
15th September 2017, 07:51 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are certainly eligible to appear in Combined Defence Services (CDS) recruitment examination which is conducted by Union Public Service Commission (UPSC).

There is a certain educational qualification required to be eligible for appearing in CDS Examination.

>> The minimum educational qualification required is "Graduation" in any discipline from a recognized university.

>> Bachelor Degree in any discipline is required to be eligible for appearing in CDS Examination.

>> As B.Sc in Yoga is a Bachelor Degree, I am very sure that you are certainly eligible to attend this UPSC CDS Exam.

Click here for More Details
23rd September 2017, 02:36 PM
salman@9292

You are eligible for OTA and IMA only. The age limit for OTA is 19-25 years and that for IMA is 19-24 years. No upper age relaxation applicable to candidates of any category. Both unmarried male and female candidates can apply for this exam.

CDS exam is conducted for recruitment in different academies of Defense like:

*Indian Military Academy.
*Officer's Training Academy.

*Indian Naval Academy.
*Air Force Academy.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?