15th June 2017, 12:39 AM
Unregistered

Procedure to join Indian Navy after B.Sc for a girl?

I am a girl and l am in 1st year BSc and I want to join Indian Navy. How can I do this my height is 5 feet my weight is 40?

Related Questions:
  1. Merchant Navy or Indian Navy after B.Sc.? Admission procedure and Institutes? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. What is the scope of B.Sc graduate to get a job in Merchant or Indian Navy?
  3. How to join Indian Army after completing BSc Electronics? What are the job opportunities in Navy and Air Force? What is the procedure of admission?
  4. Can I join Indian Navy being a Girl pursuing B.Tech in CSE? What is the procedure for this?
  5. Can I join Indian Navy after completing BSc in Statistics? I am interested in Indian Navy
  6. How to join Indian Navy in mechanical field? I am a student of BSc 2nd year with PMS Group
  7. Can I join Indian Navy being a candidate of pursuing B.Sc in IT?
  8. How to join Indian Navy after completing BSc? How to make my career in Navy?
  9. Can a girl join Indian navy after 12th Commerce?
  10. Can a girl who completed BDS join Indian Navy if the girl if 21 years old
  11. Whether I can take Biology as my only subject in 11th and join Indian Navy?
  12. Can I join merchant navy if I am a girl? What is the whole procedure for it? What are the qualifications required?
  13. How can I join Indian Merchant Navy?
  14. How can a girl join the Indian Navy after completing class 12th (non medical)? What steps should be followed to join the Indian Navy?
  15. How can a Girl join Indian Navy? Which stream to choose in class 11th and what is the age limit for applying?
  16. Procedure to join Indian Navy after completion of Graduation in B.Com? Required Marks in Graduation to join Navy?
  17. What should I do after completion of 10+2 to join Navy and Air Force being a girl?
  18. How can I join in Indian Navy after passing 12th? I am a girl studying in 12th science
15th June 2017, 05:34 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure to join Indian Navy after B.Sc for a girl?

First thing I would like to let you know that female candidates can join Indian Navy as a commissioned officer only through CDS entrance examination.

CDS refers to Combined Defense Services and the same examination is held by UPSC twice every year. Further it has four wings which includes Naval Academy ( NA ), Air force Academy ( AFA ), Indian Military Academy ( IMA ) and Officer's Training Academy ( OTA ).

Now as far as you are interested to join Indian Navy then for that you will need to join Naval Academy and for appearing in CDS entrance examination to join Naval Academy you must hold the nationality of India with your age lying within 19 years to 22 years. Also you must have either completed your B.E./B.Tech degree course or must be in the final year of same.

So being a 1st year student of B.Sc you are not eligible for joining Naval Academy even after completion of your B.Sc degree as for joining Naval Academy you need to have pursued B.E./B.Tech degree.

For more details about CDS entrance examination you can visit the link www.upsc.gov.in.
15th June 2017, 06:25 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Procedure to join Indian Navy after completion of B.Sc:

You can join Indian Navy through Combined Defence Service (CDS) Examination that is conducted by Union Public Service Commission. Through CDS Examination, you can join 4 wings and they are,

>> Naval Academy

>> Indian Military Academy

>> Officer's Training Academy

>> Air Force Academy

As you are presently pursuing 1st year of Graduation (B.Sc), I suggest you to first concentrate on Graduation studies. In order to join Navy, you need to meet the below mentioned criteria.

Qualification Required :-

@ You must have completed B.Sc with Physics and Mathematics from a recognized university.

@ Minimum age required is 19 years and the maximum age must not exceed 22 years.
15th June 2017, 09:06 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to join Indian Navy.

For recruitment in Indian Navy as per CDS eligibility only candidates passed B.Tech/B.E from a recognised university are elgible.

So, you are not eligible to appear for examination after B.Sc course. But, you can appear in examination for recruitment in Indian Army or OTA.

The examination is conducted twice in a year by UPSC.

To get details about CDS examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
15th June 2017, 09:54 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you will be eligible to join Indian Navy after completion of your bachelor degree.

Women are not Permanent Commission but eligible for Short Service Commission.

You will be eligible for recruitment in Indian Navy as in Logistic or Worker jobs.

The age limit to appear for examination is 19.5-25 years.

To get more detail about recruitment visit at www.nausena-bharti.nic.in.
16th June 2017, 12:47 PM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

Sorry to say that you can't join Indian Navy as because Indian Navy is for unmarried males only.
Following are the eligibility criteria:
Age: The applicant should be within 17 years to 20 years.
Nationality: Applicant should be a resident Indian.The Gorkhas, subjects of Nepal, are also eligible for applying for AA recruitment.
Marital Status: Applicant should be Unmarried male.
Minimum Educational Qualification: Applicant should have passed class 12th or its equivalent with subjects of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.Minimum qualification and marks required for applying for a particular type of entry into Indian Navy may vary.
Physical Standards: The candidate should be physically fit for enrolment into Indian Navy.The candidate have to qualify in written as well as in physical test for enrolment into Indian Navy.Qualifying in physical fitness test is mandatory.
Physical height of the candidate should be 157 cm with proportionate body weight depending on the age and height of the candidate.He should also have proportionate chest with minimum expansion capability of 05 cms
Candidate must not have color or night blindness.Candidate eye sight should be 6/6.
17th June 2017, 12:39 AM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

If you have got B.Sc in physics and maths qualification, then you can apply for Indian Navy through exams like CDS exam. Your age should be between 19 to 22 years.

Selection will be on the basis of performance in the written exam and interview. Girls and boys, both are eligible to apply.
3rd July 2019, 11:54 AM
Unregistered

I have done my bsc non medical with maths, physics and chemistry. Can i join indian navy through CDS exam???
9th September 2019, 09:42 PM
Unregistered

Can i join indian navy after bsc non medical plz reply??
15th January 2020, 11:37 AM
Unregistered

Can i join indian army nursing after completing post bsc nursing? I am interested to join indian army?
31st March 2020, 02:05 PM
Unregistered

I am bsc nurse lcan join indian navy medical post
1st December 2020, 05:53 PM
Unregistered

Can I join in Navy After Bsc Botany?
15th January 2021, 08:15 AM
Unregistered

Can I join navy after BSC mathematics?
4th July 2021, 03:41 PM
Unregistered

Is a female bsc nursing officer is eligible for joining in indian navy????
26th September 2022, 01:58 PM
Unregistered

can i join navy after BSC Computer Science?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?