15th November 2017, 10:40 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to apply for Merchant Navy job if I am smoking?

I am smoking. My age is 17 running, and now I am in 11th I want to join merchant navy after 12th, is there any problem with smoking? Can you please let me know if they check this or not? Awaiting to get the response soon. Thanks!

Related Questions:
  1. What are the minimum criteria required to be eligible to apply for Merchant Navy?
  2. Am I eligible to join Merchant Navy after completion of diploma course?
  3. Which field to choose after 12th having interest in Software Engineering and Merchant Navy?
  4. Is merchant navy comes under private sector? What are the steps followed to apply for the job in merchant navy?
  5. Is merchant navy a good option after 10+2 with PCM? Environment and duration of job?
  6. What is the scope of B.Sc graduate to get a job in Merchant or Indian Navy?
  7. Am I eligible to apply for Merchant navy job after completion of English honors graduation?
  8. Am I eligible to apply for Merchant navy without Maths?
  9. Information for joining Ship Construction of India after 12th with PCM?
  10. Is there any difficulty in Medical test of Merchant Navy for cigarette user? How does it affect medical test?
  11. What is the qualification criteria required to join Merchant Navy? How can I apply for the job?
  12. Am I eligible to apply for merchant navy after completion of diploma in electronics? What is the procedure followed to apply for Merchant Navy?
  13. What is the procedure to join Merchant Navy? Age limit and requirements for joining merchant navy?
  14. Merchant Navy or Indian Navy after B.Sc.? Admission procedure and Institutes?
  15. Am I eligible to apply for merchant navy after graduation in commerce?
  16. Merchant Navy eligibility if I do smoking?
  17. Am I eligible to join merchant navy after completion of diploma course?
  18. Best Institutes for Merchant Navy? Is it possible to join Merchant Navy with 55% in 12th? -- [Most Discussed]
17th November 2017, 11:58 PM
zzaza
Senior Member+

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for Merchant Navy job if I am smoking?

No this doesn't matters weather you smoke or not. There is no such restriction on smoking for merchant navy course. The basic requirement for this course is that candidate have passed 12th standard from recognised Institution/Board/University.

Also you need to give an Entrance exam to get a seat in any college which provide you course related to this field.
18th November 2017, 05:05 PM
Abhijeet_2016
Senior Member+

There is no such provision that smoking candidates will not be allowed in Merchant navy but smoking has a harmful effect in human body mainly lungs and lever so if this get damaged then you may have to leave the service thereon.

Eligibility of merchant navy
** Candidate must have passed 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry and Maths as a prime subject and must try to obtain more than 60% marks.
** Candidate need to clear the medical examination and need to be full fit for the job.
** eye side of the candidate should be 6/6 where there should be no color blindness.
18th November 2017, 06:18 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Smoking is injurious to health as well as your career in Merchant Navy.

During recruitment of Merchant Navy officers, physical fitness and medical test will be conducted.

As you are smoking from 17 years of age, so at that moment of recruitment you may face rejection because of your smoking habit.

Because, smoking will directly affect your medical fitness report.

So, to make your career good in Merchant Navy, you must leave smoking habit immediately as early as possible.
18th May 2020, 03:54 PM
Richarf132

There is no problem to move further on the career as a joint merchant navy if you smoking for example e-cigarettes as it is written in the national law of India regarding trade and commercial service. In my state smoking vape is widespread, I bought one fromhttps://gypsyvapes.com/ with fast delivery, and It acquired to be cheaper then buying it locally with fast international delivery. Personally, I know a couple of people in a joint merchant navy smoking vape and e-cigarettes daily and there are no fines or problems.
11th June 2020, 09:09 PM
Lavarda

Hey, I for example entered training in the merchant Navy, but it does not prevent me from smoking, although on the advice of friends, I am still more inclined to accept UK-based CBD brands, so I advise you to heartily also try this excellent solution for health.
13th June 2020, 04:30 PM
MECHANICAL POWER

YES, you can join Merchant Navy after 12th with Smoking habit but always remember that Smoking is injurious to health.
25th June 2022, 12:41 AM
Unregistered

Hello. Please tell me how do you usually solve stress problems at work? I am very tired from nervous tension.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?