15th September 2017, 12:58 PM
Unregistered

What are the minimum criteria required to be eligible to apply for Merchant Navy?

I am in SC cast so what will I get the benefit and I am 17 years old my height is 6 feet. Am I eligible to apply for Merchant Navy? What are the minimum criteria required to be eligible to apply for Merchant Navy? Can someone please answer me soon? Thank you!

Related Questions:
  1. Is it compulsory for a student to pass in maths in class 12 to join merchant navy?
  2. What is the eligibility criteria for a girl to join merchant navy?
  3. Can I join merchant navy after completion of 12th in Arts stream?
  4. Am I eligible to join Merchant Navy without appearing in NDA entrance exam? What is the eligibility criteria required to join Merchant Navy?
  5. What is the qualification criteria required to join Merchant Navy? How can I apply for the job?
  6. Am I eligible for Merchant Navy after scoring 56.33% in PCM and overall percentage in 12th of 62%? What is the minimum height required for merchant navy?
  7. Am I eligible to join Merchant Navy after completion of diploma course?
  8. Am I eligible to join merchant navy after completion of diploma course?
  9. Am I eligible to join Indian merchant Navy after completing 12th with commerce?
  10. Is B.Com student eligible for merchant navy course? What is the criteria followed to apply?
  11. Can I join Merchant Navy after Graduation if I secure less than 60% marks in 12th?
  12. How can I become a Merchant Navy after completing B.Com? What is the Physical criteria required?
  13. What is the procedure to apply for Merchant Navy after completing class 12th? What is the eligibility criteria required for the same?
  14. Am I eligible to join merchant navy after graduation if I am 28 years age old?
  15. How to enter into Merchant Navy after 12th? What is the eligibility criteria for Merchant Navy? -- [Most Discussed]
  16. Am I eligible to join merchant navy after completion of commerce course with computer?
  17. Percentage required in 12th Science to join Merchant Navy? -- [New]
  18. Which field to choose after 12th having interest in Software Engineering and Merchant Navy?
15th September 2017, 10:06 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What are the minimum criteria required to be eligible to apply for Merchant Navy?

Minimum Criteria Required to be eligible for joining Merchant Navy:

Minimum Educational Qualification required to join Merchant Navy is as follows. Some of the courses can be pursued after successful completion of 10th Class and some of them would be done after completion of 12th Class.

>> Merchant Navy courses that can be done after completion of 10th Class are,
* Diploma in Nautical Science
* GP Rating
* Commercial Rating..etc.,

>> In general, the basic qualification required to join Merchant Navy is "12th Class" with Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry subjects.

>> You are required to appear in an entrance examination as the admission is done on the basis of marks secured in entrance exam which is followed by Interview and Medical test.
15th September 2017, 10:15 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What are the minimum criteria required to be eligible to apply for Merchant Navy?

Eligibility criteria for Merchant Navy are as under:-
Candidate must have completed 10+2 or an equivalent examination with physics, chemistry and mathematics.
Eyesight should be 6/6 with no colour blindness.
Candidate should be physically and mentally fit.
Candidate have to be unmarried Indian citizens either male or female.
15th September 2017, 10:18 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

The required minimum qualification to join Merchant Navy is candidate must have passed 12th with PCM as main paper.

Candidates must be physically and mentally fit to join merchant navy. So, with height of 6 feet you are eligible to appear in examination.

There is no relaxation of being SC category candidate.

The candidates after qualifying in entrance examination have to go through a proper training before final selection.
16th September 2017, 11:47 AM
yogeshsharma3047
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am in SC cast so what will I get the benefit and I am 17 years old my height is 6 feet. Am I eligible to apply for Merchant Navy? What are the minimum criteria required to be eligible to apply for Merchant Navy? Can someone please answer me soon? Thank you!

Minimum Eligibility Criteria to apply for job Merchant Navy:-

>> Minimum qualification required to apply for merchant navy is 10+2 in science stream with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics subjects from government recognized board with minimum 55% marks obtained.

>> Both male and female applicants are allowed to apply for merchant navy.

>> Only unmarried candidates are allowed to apply for merchant navy.

>> Applicant should be Indian citizen.

>> Applicant must be physically and mentally fit.

>> Applicant must have good eye sight and must be free from any kind of eye defect.

>> Minimum height required to apply id 5’5”.

>> Age limit to apply for merchant navy is 17 to 25 years.

:- So if you fulfill above mentioned eligibility condition, then you are eligible to apply for merchant navy.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?