5th July 2016, 11:44 AM
Unregistered

Is merchant navy comes under private sector? What are the steps followed to apply for the job in merchant navy?

I had given the exam of nda,but my selection is done in merchant navy.Now I want to know that it is a government sector or not?what will be my job n salary. What is the procedure followed to apply for the job? Can you please guide me with the answer.

8th July 2016, 06:39 PM
monu2681992

Default Re: Is merchant navy comes under private sector? What are the steps followed to apply for the job in merchant navy?

Yes, Government has its own merchant navy companies.
And one more thing i would like to share with you, since you gave NDA but you go offer for Merchant navy because based on your cut off you have been given this sector otherwise you could have got others trade too.

So, reshuffling happens based on the marks in the NDA entrance exam.
The more you score the best college or the trade you will get.

And you don't have to bother about the salary and all because you also know the salary patterns in government organization which is always good then better.

You already have been selected so no need to worry more.
8th July 2016, 10:22 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is merchant navy comes under private sector? What are the steps followed to apply for the job in merchant navy?

Yes, merchant navy is a private sector job and selection is through entrance exam and physical fitness test. There will be also pre sea training which will test your fitness under real conditions.

Job and salary depends on the kind of job you do plus the experience. There are wide range of jobs like deck cadet to marine engineer in this field. You must have excellent eyesight with no color blindness and excellent physical fitness to enter this field.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?