25th August 2016, 12:35 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to apply for merchant navy after graduation in commerce?

I am a commerce student will be completing graduation in business administration in upcoming year I hav a wish to go in merchant navy is it possible to go? Am I eligible to apply for merchant navy after graduation in commerce?

Related Questions:
  1. Can I apply in merchant navy after B.Com? I have completed 12th and graduation in commerce
  2. Which field to choose after 12th having interest in Software Engineering and Merchant Navy?
  3. Can I join Merchant Navy after Graduation if I secure less than 60% marks in 12th?
  4. Which course shoudl i do to jin Merchant Navy after completing graduation from commerce background?
  5. What is the eligibility criteria for a girl to join merchant navy?
  6. Can I join Merchant Navy after passing 12th? What is the requirement?
  7. How to apply for Merchant Navy after passing B.Com final year?
  8. Am I eligible to join Merchant Navy after completing class 12th with Commerce stream? How can I join the Merchant Navy?
  9. Am I eligible to join Merchant Navy after completion of diploma course?
  10. Am I eligible to join merchant navy after compliting my graduation? -- [New]
  11. Do the students with 12th commerce have any chance of getting recruited in Merchant Navy? Options regarding the recruitment in Merchant Navy?
  12. Am I eligible to join merchant navy after graduation if I am 28 years age old?
  13. Can a Commerce stream student join Merchant Navy? How can I join Merchant Navy?
  14. Detailed information and requirements to apply for job in Merchant Navy for 12th Commerce student?
  15. Can I join Merchant navy after passing 12th commerce? What is the procedure to join Merchant Navy?
  16. Want to apply for merchant navy on 10th basis? -- [Most Discussed]
  17. Can I apply for Merchant Navy after passing 12th in commerce without Maths
  18. Can I apply for Merchant Navy in Commerce Background?
25th August 2016, 01:10 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for merchant navy after graduation in commerce?

I am sorry to say that you cannot join Merchant Navy. Only the science stream students are eligible for job in Merchant Navy. But, since you will be completing your graduation in commerce, it is not possible for you to join Merchant Navy.

Candidates who have completed their 12th standard in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics are eligible for this job. After that one can directly apply for deck cadet job or wait and continue with the studies.

Those who are interested in officer level jobs can continue with the studies and pursue either Marine engineering or Nautical Science course. Unfortunately commerce students are not eligible for this field.

Here are the eligibility criteria to join Merchant Navy:

> The 12th standard must be passed with Physics, Chemistry and Maths.

> The upper age limit is 20 years to appear for the exam.

> Age relaxation of 5 years for SC/ST candidates.

> Only unmarried candidates will be selected.

However, it is important to complete a 3 months pre sea training which can be arranged by the company that hires you.

Apart from Marine Engineers, candidates who have completed Bachelor of Technology course in Mechanical/Electrical or Technology are also eligible for the job of Merchant Navy. They must complete 9 months long pre sea course in Marine Engineering.
25th August 2016, 08:48 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for merchant navy after graduation in commerce?

Yes, you will be eligible after Graduation. The basic criteria required is as follows.

>> The minimum educational qualification required to join Merchant Navy is "12th Class" from a recognized university.

>> Then you will have to go with the course in particular,
* DNS (Diploma in Nautical Science)
* B.Tech (Marine Engineering)

Or You may also become a Deck cadet in Merchant navy through UPSC and for this the minimum qualification required is Graduation. So you are eligible to join Merchant navy after completion of Bachelor Degree.
25th August 2016, 10:15 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

You must have 10 2 qualification with PCM stream, if you want to join merchant navy. If you have studied PCM at class 12th and then opted for B.Com then surely you can go for merchant navy based on your 12th qualification.

Normally, those who have B.Sc nautical science or B.Tech marine engineering qualification are eligible for higher posts in merchant navy.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?