13th January 2017, 01:15 PM
Unregistered

What is the minimum age required to apply for NEET exam? Can I appear for the exam in 2018 as my age is 17 years?

Respected Sir, I want to apply for NEET exam so I want to know what is the minimum age required to apply for NEET exam? Can I appear for the exam in 2018 as my age is 17 years? What is the eligibility criteria required to appear for NEET exam? Please answer as soon as possible.

14th January 2017, 06:01 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the minimum age required to apply for NEET exam? Can I appear for the exam in 2018 as my age is 17 years?

NEET stands for National Eligibility cum Entrance Test. It is an All India level medical entrance examination which is conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) for offering admission in first year of MBBS/ BDS courses in private and Government medical/ dental colleges in India except in the states of Andhra Pradesh, Telangana and Jammu & Kashmir.

The minimum age required to appear in NEET examination is 17 years as on 31st December of the year of examination. The upper age limit to appear in NEET examination is 25 years as on 31st December of the year of examination. Upper age relaxation of 5 years is applicable to OBC/ SC/ ST category candidates as per government rules to be eligible to appear in NEET examination. If you attain the minimum age of 17 years as on 31st December 2018, you are eligible to appear in NEET 2018 examination.
15th January 2017, 12:34 AM
BHANBHORI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the minimum age required to apply for NEET exam? Can I appear for the exam in 2018 as my age is 17 years?

National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test for Under Graduates acronym as NEET UG will be taken by CBSE on behalf of Ministry of Health and Medical Science.

ELIGIBILITY FOR NEET EXAMINATION

=> Candidate must have passed 12th class with Physics, Chemistry and Biology from a recognized board.

=> The minimum age of candidate must be 17 years and upper age limit is 25 years for general candidates and 30 years for SC/ST/OBC candidates.

As per my knowledge, you are eligible for National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test 2018.
15th January 2017, 11:25 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected Sir, I want to apply for NEET exam so I want to know what is the minimum age required to apply for NEET exam? Can I appear for the exam in 2018 as my age is 17 years? What is the eligibility criteria required to appear for NEET exam? Please answer as soon as possible.
NEET stands for National Eligibility cum Entrance Test. NEET exam is conducted for Undergraduate Medical Course and Post Graduate Medical Courses.

Those candidates who have completed 12th standard from a recognized board with Physics, Chemistry and Biology subject are eligible for NEET exam 2017. At 10+2 level you need to secure minimum 50% of marks in physics, chemistry and biology taken together.

Your minimum age should be 17 years.

Yes, you can apply for NEET exam in 2018.
15th January 2017, 11:51 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

NEET stands for National Eligibility cum Entrance Test. NEET is conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education for admission in MBBS and BDS course. The eligibility criteria for NEET examination is:

>>Candidate must have done 12th from a recognized board with Physics, Chemistry and Biology. At least, minimum of 50% marks in board exam is required to apply for this exam.

>>Candidate must attain minimum age of 17 years on 31st December of year of examination. To apply for NEET 2017 exam, you must attain minimum age of 17 years on 31st December, 2017 or before.

If you meet above age criteria then you can apply for either 2017 or 2018 examination.
15th January 2017, 11:55 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

NEET stands for National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test and examination is conducted for admission in medical course.

The eligibility to appear for examination is that candidate must have passed or appearing for 12th board examination with PCB as main paper. The age limit is 17-25 years as on 31st December of year of appearing for examination.

Candidates with above qualification can appear for examination. To get detail visit at www.aimpt.nic.in. So, you can appear for examination in 2018.
15th January 2017, 01:24 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

NEET stands for National Eligibility cum Entrance Test and it is a single medical entrance examination held by CBSE once every year for admission in undergraduate medical courses from any medical colleges of India apart from AIIMS.

* For appearing in NEET 2018, the minimum qualification which you must satisfy are as here under :-

i) You must have the nationality of India with your age lying within 17 years to 25 years by the 31st December 2018. Further age relaxation is applicable for reserved category candiates.

ii) You must have comppleted your secondary school degree with PCB group with at least 50% aggregate from a recognized board. Further relaxation of 10% is allowed for SC/ST and PH category candidates.

So if you satisfy the above mentioned criteria you are certainly eligible for appearing in NEET 2018 and for more details about NEET 2018 you can log on to the link www.aipmt.nic.in.
16th January 2017, 04:43 PM
radha 2
Senior Member+

NEET stands for National Eligibility Test and it is held by CBSE once every year for admission in undergraduate medical courses .

>>Candidate should be Indian.
>>Candidate must have done 12th from a recognized board with Physics, Chemistry and Biology with 50% marks.
>>Age should be between in 17 years to 25 years.
22nd March 2017, 06:50 PM
Gautham cr

Exclamation Re: What is the minimum age required to apply for NEET exam? Can I appear for the exam in 2018 as my age is 17 years?

You must have completed the age of 17 years as on or before 31st December of the year of Admission.it was in the year of 2017.
The upper age limit is 25 years (5 years relaxation for the SC/ST/OBC candidates) as on or before 31st December of the year of Admission i.e. 2017.
2018 resources are un available.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?