10th January 2013, 08:40 AM
Ashok ds

Am I eligible for bank clerk and PO exam after passing 12th with 57%?

sir i hav +2 in 57% nd graduation in 64% ther i elgible bank clerk nd po exams

28th January 2013, 01:48 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for bank clerk and PO exam after passing 12th with 57%?

As you are a graduate, you can apply for most of the bank jobs. IBPS is conducting common written exams on behalf of 19 nationalized banks. For attending IBPS CWE for P.O/clerk, graduation is the basic qualification. Age requirement normally is 28 years for clerical post and 30 years for PO post. You can try for jobs in SBI and private banks.
29th January 2013, 07:21 PM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for bank clerk and PO exam after passing 12th with 57%?

Dear Friend,

Sorry to say but you will neither be eligible for the Bank Clerical Exam not the Bank PO Exam after passing the 12th with 57% marks.

This is because of the latest amendments in the eligibility criteria of Banking Exams.

The Latest Eligibility Criteria For Bank Clerical Exams are :

a) Educational Qualification : Graduation in any stream from any recognized college/university.

b) Age Limit : 18-28 years.

c) Age Relaxation :

3 years for OBC Category and 5 years for SC/ST Category.

d) Nationality : Indian

So you have to first complete your graduation to fulfill the minimum educational qualification required for the same.

This is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.
30th January 2013, 12:32 AM
shrish777
Senior Member+

Dear Friend,

PO stands for Probationary Officer.

Sorry, but you are not able to appear for both bank Clerk and PO examinations.

The educational qualification regarding with bank Clerk and PO examinations are below mentioned:-

* A candidate must have finished graduation in any track from any accredited college/university.

* A candidate must be an Indian.

* Age relaxation- 3 years(OBC) and 5 years(SC/ST).

* Age criteria- The age of a candidate must be lie in between 20-28 years(Clerk); and 20-30 years(IBPS PO); 21-30 years(SBI PO).

Thanks.
30th January 2013, 12:10 PM
SK@S
Senior Member+++++

YES, you are eligible to apply for both the bank clerks and PO exams.

Curently SBI has announced its BANK PO exams notification
SBI will hire 1500 PO.

Last date to apply is 23rd February 2013
Exam will be held on 28th April 2013

Eligibilty to apply

Education-
Bachelors Degree pass in any stream.
No minimum percentage of marks is required in Graduation

Age-Minimum 21 years
Maximum- 30 years
Candidates should have born between 2nd January 1983 to 1st January 1992

Questions will be asked from the below sections:
Test of English Language (Grammar, Vocabulary, Comprehension etc)
Test of General Awareness, Marketing and Computers
Test of Data Analysis and Interpretation
Test of Reasoning (High Level)
30th January 2013, 03:22 PM
onlyforyou
Senior Member+++

Dear There,

First of all, I would like to tell you that banking examinations are conducted by SBI and IBPS.

Sorry to say that you are not eligible for bank Clerk and PO examination at present time.

The eligibility criteria required for bank Clerk and PO examinations are prescribed as below:-

* Completion of graduation in any stream from any recognised college or university.

* Age limit- 20-28 yrs for Clerk; 21-30 yrs for SBI PO; and 20-30 yrs for IBPS PO.

* Age relaxation- 3 yrs for OBC and 5 yrs for SC/ST contendors.

* Nationality- Indian.

Hope the above mentioned will help you to get the information you were searching for.

30th January 2013, 05:27 PM
Sonam_Bhanot
Junior Member+

sir,
I'm pleased to inform you that according to the recent criteria of IBPS ,you are eligible to apply for both clerical and PO as well.
Graduation from a recognised university is the minimum Qualification required,along with some knowledge of computer operation.For detailed information you can visit the respective sites of the bank you want to apply in.
Hope this will help.
go for it...ALL THE BEST.
30th January 2013, 08:00 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Since you are graduate it makes you eligible for both Clerk and Bank PO entrance exams. Both these exams are conducted by the Institute of Banking Personnel Services which is a 40 years old organization.

You can definitely appear for both the exams however I will recommend that you appear for the IBPS Bank PO. This exam is conducted in June of every year. So far the IBPS has not issued notification for this year's exam.

IBPS Clerk Eligibility

1. You should be Indian citizen.

2. Graduation degree in any stream.

3. Diploma/Degree in Computers or Computers/IT should be a subject in high school or college.

4. Must be fluent in writing and speaking official language of the state where you want job.

5. The age limit is 20 to 28 years for Clerk exam.

6. There is 3 years relaxation for OBC.

7. SC and ST are eligible for 5 years relaxation.

8. PWD candidates are eligible for 10 years relaxation.

IBPS Bank PO

1. You should be of Indian origin.

2. Bachelor degree in any discipline.

3. There is no percentage criteria.

4. Age limit for Bank PO is 20 to 30 years.

5. Upto 3 years relaxation for OBC.

6. Upto 5 years relaxation for SC/ST.

7. Maximum of 10 years relaxation for PWD.
30th January 2013, 09:54 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Yes, You are eligible for bank Clerical exam after passing 12th with 57% conducted generally by SBI and IBPS(Institute of Banking Personal Selection).

But you will not be eligible for ban P.O.(Probationary Officer) exam as the minimum academic qualification for this is Graduation.

The eligible candidate aspiring to apply for SBI/IBPS Clerical exam, must be an Indian Citizen having completed 12th with 50% marks or having completed Graduation in any stream from a recognised University within the age of 18 to 28 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate with good knowledge over computer operation.

The eligible candidate aspiring to apply for P.O. exam must be an Indian National having completed Graduation in any stream from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate with good command over computer operation.

For more information you may log on to http://www.statebankofindia.com AND http://www.ibps.in
30th January 2013, 10:29 PM
Budhwarz
Member+

Hi Aspirant

Sorry to say that you are not eligible for the ibps bank po and clerk exam because your qualification is not up to the mark and not according to the requirement of the exam.As for the bank po or clerk exam the minimum educational qualification is 12th class.So first you need to complete your 12th class.Than you can apply for the exams.

Qualifications Required for the Bank po and clerk exam :

-You should be pass in the graduation degree

-Final year candidate can also apply for the exam

-Just need a graduation degree means just need passing marks in graduation

-The Candidate age should be between 21-30

-Also the age relaxation for the obc 3 years and sc,st 5 years

And also for the bank po their is number of attempts as for the general their is 4 attempts and for the obc 7 attempts and for the sc and st is unlimited.
31st January 2013, 09:00 AM
Aria40
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashok ds View Post
Nice to see your interest in the field of banking sector. Yes, Definitely you are eligible for the banking clerk and PO entrance examination. In today age the banking sector becomes growest field in which you will get a batter facility and a handsome salary from the starting of the job. The details eligibility criteria for the banking PO examination.

Eligibility criteria for the Bank PO Examination.
-->Pass graduation in any stream from a recognize University. Final year graduation candidates can also apply for the bank PO examination.
-->The age must be between 21 to 30 years. The upper age relaxation is also applicable for the reservation category.

These are the basic eligibility criteria for the banking PO examination. As per eligibility criteria you are eligible to apply for the banking Po entrance examination.

As you are a graduate holder candidates so you can also appear in the IBPS CWE entrance examination for the PO and if you will get a good score in the IBPS examination then you will be call for the bank PO interview. For more information about the IBPS CWE examination please visit official website of IBPS :~ http://www.ibps.in
31st January 2013, 01:17 PM
end of query
Senior Member+

hi
yes, you’re eligible for giving the clerical exam but you’re not allowed to give the PO exam before completion of your graduation with a minimum of 65%.
For giving the clerical examination, you must be having at least 60% in class 10th and 50% in class 12th, and as you have completed your 12th with 57%, you are eligible of giving the clerical exam. The age limit of giving the clerical exam is 18-28 years of age.
But for giving the PO exam, you must be a graduate with a minimum of 65% marks in your graduation. And your age should be in between 21-30 years.
For more details, log onto
www.ibps.in
gud luck
31st January 2013, 01:57 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

hi,
The eligibility criteria for the IBPS bank clerk examination-
You should have completed the minimum graduation in any discipline from an recognised university.
The age limit for which is 20 years to 28 years.
Age relaxations hs given to reserved category only.
The eligibility criteria for Bank probationary officer examination is stated below-
For this examination also,graduation in any stream from an recognised university is the minimum requirement.
Age limit- 20 years to 30 years.
Age relaxations applicable.
Thank you......
31st January 2013, 06:20 PM
SK@S
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
YES, you are eligible to apply for both the BANK Po and Clerks exams with the marks that you have scored.

Right NOW SBI has announced its vacancy for 1500 PO posts.
You can apply to them if you meet the below eligibilty set by SBI

Graduation pass in any stream
Age should be between 21 and 30 years
Candidates should have born between 2nd January 1983 to 1st January 1992

Last date to apply is 23rd February 2013
SBI PO exams would be held on 28th April 2013
1st February 2013, 01:35 AM
hibernate
Member+

Hi friends,
Hope you are in good health and good state of mind!
It's always a treat and fun to answer your queries.
I also appreciate the confidence that you have shown in us!

1) Educational Qualification : Graduation in any stream from any recognized college/university.

2) Age Limit : 18-28 years.

3) Age Relaxation :

3 years for OBC Category and 5 years for SC/ST Category.

4) Nationality : Indian

all the best

I hope I have answered all your doubts.
It was a pleasure answering your queries.
Hope that you'll come up with some more challenging queries!
Till then,take care.
Bye!

11th February 2013, 05:03 PM
Unregistered

sir, i passed 2 with 73% and i am 19 years old am i eligible for upcoming sbi clerks post
4th March 2013, 08:57 AM
mustafa tahasildar
Senior Member++

Quote:
eligibility

exam pattern

i had attached some papers please refer them
4th March 2013, 03:42 PM
No 1
Senior Member+

Hi.....................
Friends,

Sorry,

You are not eligible for Bank PO's and Clerk exam after 12th stand with minimum 57 % of marks.

Bank PO and Clerk exam eligibility like ::
==============================

*** The candidates must be citizen of Indian.

*** The candidates must be complete your Graduation degree in any recognized university.

*** Your Degree with minimum 60 % of marks.

*** For SC / ST candidates 55 % of marks.

*** Age limit between 18 to 28 yeas.

*** Age relaxation was Govt rules.

All the best............................
4th March 2013, 09:33 PM
spider man2906
Senior Member+

Following is the eligibilty for bank po and clerks

PO POST :

1. Nationality-Indian citizenship
2. Age limit-20-30 years
3. Educational qualification-A graduate degree in any discipline from a recognized Institute/university.
4. You must have secured minimum of 60% marks

CLERK POST :

1. Nationality-Indian citizenship
2. Age limit-18-28 years
3. Educational qualification-Candidate must have passed 12th with minimum 60% marks
4. Must secure 50% of marks from graduation.
5. Must secure 55% of marks from Intermediate or HSC..

List of some banks where you can apply for jobs

1. State Bank of India

2. State Bank of Bikaner & Jaipur

3. State Bank of Hyderabad

4. State Bank of Mysore

5. State Bank of Patiala

6. State Bank of Travancore

7. Allahabad Bank

8. Andhra Bank

9. Bank of Baroda

10. Bank of India

11. Bank of Maharashtra

12. Canara Bank

13. Central Bank of India

14. Corporation Bank

15. Dena Bank

16. IDBI Bank

17. Indian Bank

18. Indian Overseas Bank

19. Oriental Bank of Commerce

20. Punjab National Bank

21. Punjab and Sind Bank

22. Syndicate Bank

23. Uco Bank

24. United Bank of India

25. Union Bank of India

26. Vijaya Bank

all the best
5th March 2013, 08:24 AM
sanj69
Senior Member+

Yes, you are eligible to apply for bank Clerical Exam having securing 57% marks in 12th conducted generally by SBI and IBPS(Institute of Banking Personal Selection) but you will not be eligible to apply for Bank P.O. exam for which you have to complete Graduation Degree.

The eligible candidate wishing to apply for bank clerical exam, must be an Indian National having completed 12th with 50% marks in any stream from a recognised Board or having completed Graduation in any stream from a recognised University within the age of 18 to 28 years with good knowledge over computer operation.

The candidate having completed 10th standard with 60% marks is eligible to apply for IBPS Clerical Exam.

For more information you may log on to http://www.statebankofindia.com AND http://www.ibps.in
5th March 2013, 09:25 AM
mustafa tahasildar
Senior Member++

Quote:

Eligibility criteria for bank po and clerk post

i had attached some papers please refer them
5th March 2013, 11:20 PM
dyco

Quote:
Dear,
you are eligible to appear in any bank exam whether its clerk or some other in respect to your degree. As you have not mention your age, the other required eligibility to be fulfilled are as follow-

>candidate must be a citizen of India

>candidate must posses degree from a recognized university in any discipline

>candidate should have computer literacy/diploma

>candidate must have proficiency in the State/UT language for which applying, in case of clerk

> For Clerk- General candidate should have age between 20-28 years
For PO/MT- General candidate should have age between 21-30 years
There is relaxation in upper age limit of reserved categories as per government rules-
OBC- 3 years
SC/ST- 5 years

With Regards
6th March 2013, 10:39 AM
ranjith1438
Senior Member+++++

Hai,

Yeah you are eligible for both Bank PO and Clerk exam, A graduation completed candidate can be eligible for Probationary Officer and Clerk exam.

The best one for bank exams is IBPS(Institute of Banking Personal Selection) exam, this exam conducting the PO and Clerical exams under 19 banking sectors.

Eligibility for IBPS Bank PO:-

Candidate should be complete graduation in any discipline from a recognised university.

No need of percentage restrictions to appear this exam.

You must be a citizen of INDIA.

Age limits for IBPS PO:-

Minimum age limit--> 21 years,

Maximum age limit--> 30 years.

3 years age relaxation for OBC candidates,

5 years age relaxation for SC/ST candidates,

10 years age relaxation for PWD candidates.

Eligibility criteria for IBPS clerk:-

The applicant should be complete bachelor's degree in any stream from a recognised university.

There is no need of percentage restrictions.

Candidate must be an INDIAN origin.

Age details about IBPS Clerk:-

The age limits are 20 years to 28 years,

For OBC candidates 3 years relaxation,

For SC/ST candidates 5 years relaxation,

For PWD candidaes 10 years relaxation.

Selection process:-

Written exam,

Personal interview.

For more details CLICK HERE

Best of luck.
28th March 2013, 09:13 PM
Unregistered

I was born on jan 1 1992. Am i eligible for sbi po exam
24th November 2013, 10:41 PM
Unregistered

my birth date 10th January 1983. i am eligible to bank clerk exams?
11th March 2014, 03:24 PM
nareshsunrise
Senior Member++

Irrespective of your percentage of marks in 12th class, as you have scored 64% of marks in your Graduation, you are eligible to apply for Bank Clerical and PO positions of various banks.

The selection procedure for both these positions will be
Written Exam
Interview

The written exam consists of questions from the following categories
Reasoning
Numerical Ability
General Awareness
General English
Computer Knowledge

There is negative marking in the written exam for the wrong answer questions. So, you have to be cautious in this area.

One should secure minimum qualifying marks in each of the categories of the written exam to get through it.

So, please join in a good coaching institute and prepare well for the written exam.

There is huge competition among the candidates who are applying for bank exams.

So, you should score good marks in the written exam to get a call for the Interview.

Try to be good enough in that.

Wish you all the best.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?