29th June 2012, 02:57 PM
Naresh Lawaniya

Can I apply for bank clerk exam after passing 12th with 59.5% from UP board

I have passed 10+2 with 59.5% from UP board. can apply in bank clerk exam.
plz show the name bank.

29th June 2012, 07:08 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for bank clerk exam after passing 12th with 59.5% from UP board

To apply for the clerical post you need to pass your class 12 exam with minimum 50% of marks.

Age should be between 18-28 years.

Age relaxation upto 5 years for SC/ST category and upto 3 years for OBC category.

Syllabus:-

1.General awareness
2.Quantitative Aptitude
3.Reasoning Ability
4.General English language
5.Computer knowledge/marketing aptitude

For each wrong answer 1/4 marks will be reduce from your actual score.

If you get selected then you will be called for the personal interview session.

For more information log onto this website:- www.ibps.in
29th June 2012, 07:59 PM
cenahlr

Default Re: Can I apply for bank clerk exam after passing 12th with 59.5% from UP board

dear........
The eligibility of bank exam........
For clerical post...
*The candidates should be a +2 pass from any stream , from a recognize university.
*The age limit is 18 - 27 yrs.
There is a relaxation for sc / st & obc candidates.
For PO post.......
*The candidates should be a graduate in any stream , from a recognize university.
*The age limit is 20 - 30 yrs.
There is a relaxation for sc / st & obc candidates.
For more details you can visit official website of respective bank website.
The exam pattern are as follows......

Good luck
29th June 2012, 08:46 PM
sumansin
Senior Member+++++

you have score 59.5% in 12th and if you have score 60% in 10th then you can apply for bank clerk exam.

If you are belong to reserve category then just passing marks is sufficiant.

IBPS(Institue of Banking Personnel Selection)conduct common written exam for po and clerk for 19 public sector of bank.

Eligibility for IBPS PO-- To apply for clerk should be 12th pass with 55%
and 10th with 60% marks from recognised board.
Age of candidate should be 18 to 28 years.

Relaxation for obc 3 year, sc/st 5 year, ex-serviceman 5 year, pd 10 year, widow 9 year in upper age.
9th August 2012, 12:30 AM
Unregistered

sir,i got 86.2% in 10th &80.8 in 12th(PCM). From up board ,age-17year.. . Can i elligibal 4r bank clerk.plz plz reply
21st October 2012, 07:09 PM
Unregistered

please consult the vary post in bank and also tell about it
21st October 2012, 08:58 PM
gamble007
Senior Member++

Of course!!!
Dear..
Sir...
You can apply for the COMMON WRITTEN EXAMINATION (CWE) ,through which , 19 nationalized banks recruit their corresponding clerks & PO posts ,.
This CWE examination is conducted by the INSTITUTE OF BANKING & PERSONNEL SELECTION (IBPS).
I would like to inform , you the online registration for the CWE clerk examination has been begun since 15-10-2012 , would be last at 05-11-2012 , so you better fill-up the form , You can fill the form at the official website- www.ibps.in

The educational requirements for the appear in the CWE is , a 12th degree from a recognized board,.
As, you must have atleast 55% in 12th, for being eligible for any nationalized banks.

You must have some working knowledge of COMPUTER like MS WORD, MS EXCEL, MS OFFICE, TALLY etc etc .

Exam pattern =--

The age limit for this examination is 18-28 years, some years of ther age limit relaxations are also applicable for the SC\ST\OBC\PH etc etc.

You must have Indian nationality.

Thank you!!!
~gamble~
22nd October 2012, 02:32 PM
exams1
Senior Member+

The minimum eligibility criteria has been set up as minimum graduation because the criteria has been changed by government of India.You need to complete graduation to be eligible for appearing in bank exams.
So Graduation is must for every IBPS exams so complete your graduation first then only you can apply.

thanks..
22nd October 2012, 07:08 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

To apply for the Bank Clerk exam you now need the minimum qualification of graduation. Therefore as for now you can not apply for the Clerical Exam by the Institute of Banking Personnel Service (IBPS).

Earlier candidate who have completed 12th were eligible to apply for the job. But now they are not. Recently Public Sector Banks asked the IBPS to change the qualification criteria for IBPS Clerk to graduation. IBPS has accepted the request of the Public Sector Banks.

Therefore from now onwards, you must have a graduation degree even if applying for IBPS Clerk Exam. So the best thing for you would be to pursue graduation. After completing graduation you can apply for both Bank PO Exam and Bank Clerk Exam by the IBPS.

Eligibility

1. Candidate should be of Indian origin.

Age Limit

1. Age limit for Bank Clerk is 20 to 28 years.

2. There is 3 years relaxation in upper age limit for OBC.

3. For SC/ST there is 5 years relaxation.

Education

1. A graduation degree in any stream from a recongnized university.

2. Candidate must have knowledge to operate computers. A diploma/degree in computers is required. Candidates who had Computers as one of subjects in High School/College may are also eligible.

3. You must fluenting speak and write the official language of the state for which you are applying.
28th October 2012, 03:53 PM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend,

As per your ask , i would like to say that yes if you belong to General Category you are definitely eligible for the IBPS Clerical Exam but unfortunately you are ineligible for the SBI Clerical Exam as to be eligible for the same you require a minimum of 60% marks from any recognized board.

Also , If you belong to any of the reserved categories , then you are eligible for both IBPS as well as SBI Clerical Exam because there is relaxation in minimum marks required for candidates belonging to Reserved Categories.

So , Now you have the full information regarding your query. You can judge yourself that whether your are eligible or not.

This is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.

2nd November 2012, 04:47 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naresh Lawaniya View Post
I have passed 10+2 with 59.5% from UP board. can apply in bank clerk exam.
plz show the name bank.

You have completed 12th standard from UP board with 59.5% .So you are not applicable for SBI Clerk Exam because your 12th standard marks is not above 60% also you are not applicable for IBPS Clerk Exam because minimum educational qualification required is Diploma degree .

Those candidate have completed Graduation Degree OR completed Diploma degree are applicable for IBPS CLERK Exam.

But your age should be in between 18 to 28 years old.Age relaxation is provide for reserved category.

Those candidate have completed 12th standard with above 60% OR have completed Graduation degree are applicable for SBI CLERK Exam.Marks relaxation is provide for SC/ST/PH category.

Your age should be in between 18 to 28 years old.Age relaxation is provide for Reserved category.

Best Books for Bank Clerk Exam:-

Bank Clerk Exams General English: 75 Sets Previous Years' Solved Papers
by Ajay Singh
Publisher: Arihant Publications

Solved Papers Bank Clerk Exam
by Expert Compilations

General English for Bank Clerk Exam
by S.C.Gupta

Bank Clerical Practice Work Book
by RPH Editorial Board
Publisher: Ramesh Publishing House
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?