10th January 2013, 08:50 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for bank clerk exam and PO exam after passing 12th with 57%?

Sir i hav +2 in 57% nd graduation in 64% then i elgible for bank clerk exams nd po exams

6th February 2013, 08:45 PM
onlyforyou
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Am I eligible for bank clerk exam and PO exam after passing 12th with 57%?

Dear There,

First of all, I would like to tell you that all banking examinations are conducted by SBI and IBPS.

Sorry to say that you are not eligible for both examinations.

The eligibility criteria required for bank Clerk and PO examinations are prescribed as below:-

* Competion of 12th with 605 marks from any recognised board for Clerk examination.

* Completion of graduation in any discipline from any recognised college or university.

* Age limit- 18-28 yrs for Clerk; and 21-30 yrs for SBI PO and 20-30 yrs for IBPS PO.

* Age relaxation- 3 yrs for OBC and 5 yrs for SC/ST contendors.

* Nationality- Indian.

* No. of attempts- 4 for General, 7 for OBC, and no limits for SC/ST contendors.

Hope the above mentioned will help you to get the information you were searching for.
29th July 2013, 08:56 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Am I eligible for bank clerk exam and PO exam after passing 12th with 57%?

sir i have 811marks in 12th can i apply for clerk or po examd
29th July 2013, 10:45 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir i hav +2 in 57% nd graduation in 64% then i elgible for bank clerk exams nd po exams

You have completed Graduation degree with above 64% so you are applicable for Bank PO and Bank clerk exam .

You can apply for BANK Clerk exam is two process one is SBI and the another process is IBPS.

Those candidate have completed 12th standard with above 60% marks OR completed graduation degree , are applicable for SBI Clerk exam.Your age should be in between 18 to 28 years old.

Those candidate have completed Diploma degree OR completed Graduation degree are applicable for IBPS clerical Exam.Your age should be in between 18 to 28 years old.

You can applicable for BANK PO exam is two process one is SBI and the another process is IBPS.The details of these two exams are given below.The minimum qualification for Bank PO exam is Graduation.

If you have completed graduation degree from recognized university then you are applicable for SBI and IBPS PO exam.

Age criteria:-

For SBI PO Exam => 21 to 30 years old
For IBPS PO Exam => 20 to 18 years old .

The written exam consists of questions from the following categories

Reasoning
Quantitative Aptitude
General Awareness
General English
Computer knowledge

For both cases there is a descriptive papers.Otherwise pattern of Bank PO exam is same.

SBI PO conduct GD round after the completion of written part .But IBPS PO does not conduct any GD round.

29th July 2013, 12:44 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

There are two major institutes that conducts the bank exams.

IBPS

SBI

IBPS stands for the Institute of Banking Personnel Services. It conducts Clerk and Bank PO entrance exam for 19 Public Sector Banks.

You are eligible for both the IBPS entrance exams. Earlier this year IBPS was given some recommendation by the government for Bank PO entrance exam. It included a percentage criteria of 65 percent.

While earlier IBPS Officials said that these changes will be implemented this year but at the last moment, IBPS decided not to implement the new rules. It has been made clear by the notification for Bank PO exam by IBPS which you can access here - ibps.in/career_pdf/CORRIGENDUM_PO_MT.pdf

IBPS Clerk/PO Eligibility

1. You should have Indian citizenship.

2. A bachelor's degree from recognized university.

3. There is no criteria for marks.

4. Diploma or degree in Computers.

5. Computer Science subject in 12th or college will also be accepted.

6. The age limit is 20 to 28 years for IBPS Clerk.

7. Age limit for Bank PO is 20 to 30 years.

8. Relaxation is 3 years in upper age limit for OBC.

9. SC/ST relaxation is 5 years in upper age limit.

10. Ten years relaxation for PWD.

SBI stands for State Bank of India. One of the largest banks in the country, SBI conducts its own entrance exam unlike the other Public Sector banks that prefers Institute of Banking Personnel Services.

You can appear for the Bank PO by State Bank of India. Similarly to the Bank PO by IBPS, it also has no percentage criteria for PO entrance exam.

SBI Bank PO Eligibility

1. You must have completed graduation.

2. There is no percentage criteria.

3. You must have basic computer operating skills.

4. The age limit is 21 to 30 years.

5. Three years relaxation for OBC.

6. Five years relaxation for SC/ST.
29th July 2013, 02:33 PM
nellipudi.santhoshkumar
Senior Member++++

hai,

Sorry to say this you are not eligible for Bank Clerk and PO exam after passing 12th with 57%. Because the minimum educational qualification is any degree.

These Bank Clerk and Po exams conducts IBPS and some of various banks conducts as their bank rules in all over India. IBPS Participating with 19 banks and more of other banks also available for you.

So first complete your graduation and then you can apply these posts in various Banks in all over India.

Bank PO Eligibility Criteria:

Candidates must have a degree from any recognized University.

Candidates age must be between 20 to 28 years.Age relaxation is available for OBC and SC/ST and PWD.

For OBC Category age relaxation 3 years, for SC/ST category 5 year, for PWD category 10 years.

Syllabus for written exam:-

General awareness/Computer knowledge.
General English
Reasoning
Numerical ability
Marketing aptitude

Selection Process:

Written Examination

Interview.

Bank Clerk Eligibility:

Candidates must be a Indian

Candidates should have be complete Graduation in any stream from a recognized University

Candidates age limit between 18 to 30 years

Relaxation of upper age limits :

OBC Candidates : 3 years
SC/ST Candidates : 5 years
PWD Candidates : 10 years

Bank Clerk Examination Pattern :-

Test of Reasoning
English Language
Test of Numerical Ability
General Awareness
Computer Knowledge

Selection Process Based on Written Test & Interview

regards...santhosh.....................
29th July 2013, 03:21 PM
josh98
Senior Member+++++

Hi friend.........

A graduation completed candidate can be eligible for IBPS(Institute of Banking Personal Selection) CWE exam. IBPS exam two types
1. Clerk exam,

2. PO(Probationary Officer) exam.

Eligibility criteria for IBPS Clerk exam:-

The candidate should be complete bachelor's degree from a recognised university.

No need of percentage restrictions to appear this exam.

You must be an Indian origin.

Age criteria for IBPS clerk:-

The candidate age should not be lessthan 20 years and should not be morethan 28 years.

Three years relaxation for OBC candidates,

Five years relaxation for SC/ST candidates,

Ten years relaxation for PWD candidates.

Eligibility criteria for IBPS PO:-

The applicant should have to complete graduation in any discipline from a recognised university.

Percentage is not important to appear this exam.

Candidate must be an Indian origin.

Age criteria for IBPS PO:-

The age limits are 21 years to 30years,

3 years relaxation for OBC candidates,

5 years relaxation for SC/ST candidates,

10 years relaxation for PWD candidates.

Selection procedure:-

Written exam,

Personal interview.

List of Banks :

Allahabad Bank

Andhra Bank

Bank of Baroda

Bank of India

Bank of Maharashtra

Canara Bank

Central Bank of India

Corporation Bank

Dena Bank

Indian Bank

Indian Overseas Bank

Oriental Bank of

Commerce

Punjab National Bank

Syndicate Bank

UCO Bank

Union Bank of India

United Bank if India

Vijaya Bank

Syllabus:

Reasoning

English Language

Computer Knowledge

General Awareness

Quantitative Aptitude

Computer Knowledge

All the best......
29th July 2013, 03:41 PM
whiteblossom

Quote:

Hello,
You are eligible for the bank clerk and PO exam.

The eligibility criteria for bank exams is :

1]A candidate should be the citizen of India .

2] A candidate should be a graduate in any discipline from any university .

3] Age limit :

General category : 20 to 30 years .
OBC :3 years relaxation
SC/ST : 5 years relaxation
Ex-servicemen :10 years relaxation
29th July 2013, 05:57 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Sorry, with 57% marks in 12th you are not eligible for both Clerical and P.O. exams generally conducted by SBI and IBPS(Institute of Banking Personal Selection).

Eligibility for SBI Clerical Exam:-

-The eligible candidate must be an Indian National.
-Should have completed either 12th with 60% marks in any stream from a recognised Board or have completed Graduation in any stream from a recognised University.
-Should be within the age of 18 to 28 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate.
-Should be computer literate one.

Eligibility for IBPS Clerical Exam:-

-The eligible candidate must be an Indian Citizen
-Should have completed Graduation Degree in any stream from a recognised University.
-Should be within the age of 20 to 28 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate.
-Should have good knowledge over computer operation.

Eligibility for SBI/IBPS P.O. Exam:-

-The eligible candidate must be an Indian National.
-Should have completed Graduation Degree in any stream from a recognised University.
-Should be within the age of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate.
-Should be a computer literate one.

For more information you may log on to http://www.statebankofindia.com AND http://www.ibps.in
29th July 2013, 11:58 PM
ckanth1

Hi Friend,

Sorry Your not Eligible for SBI bank Clerk Exams you need to Do degree.
After Completion of the Degree Your Eligible for all Government Jobs Like IBPS Po's Clerks
And Any Bank Exams you are Eligible with Degree with 60%.

Thank you.,
30th July 2013, 02:57 AM
kalyan90kashyap

Hi,
I want to inform you that as you have got 2nd division in class 12 so you are not eligible for Bank clerk and PO exam. I am giving you the eligibility criteria for appear in these examination. For more information you may log on to http://www.statebankofindia.com AND http://www.ibps.in

Eligibility for SBI Clerk
The eligible candidate must be an Indian National.
Should have completed either 12th with 60% marks in any stream from a recognised Board or have completed Graduation in any stream from a recognised University.
Should be within the age of 18 to 28 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate.
Should be computer literate one.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian Citizen
Should have completed Graduation Degree in any stream from a recognised University.
Should be within the age of 20 to 28 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate.
Should have good knowledge over computer operation.

Eligibility for SBI/IBPS P.O. Exam:-

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National.
Should have completed Graduation Degree in any stream from a recognised University.
Should be within the age of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate.
Should be a computer literate one.
30th July 2013, 03:35 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

Hi,

-The candidate must be an Indian national

-Should have either completed 10th with 60% marks or have completed 12th with 50% marks in any stream from a recognised Board or have completed Graduation in any stream from a recognised University.

-Should be within the age of 18 to 28 years with upper age relaxation for reserved
candidate.

-Should be a computer literate one.

The eligibility criteria for SBI Clerical Exam is same as IBPS except candidate having 10th qualification.

Eligibility for SBO/IBPS P.O. Exam:-

-The candidate must be an Indian National.

-Should be within the age of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation for reserved
candidate.

-Should have good knowledge over computer operation.

All the best.....................
30th July 2013, 04:15 PM
SK@S
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
YES, you are eligible to apply for both BANK PO as well as Bank Clerks exams

Currently you can fill the BANK PO exams conducted by IBPS

IBPS will be conducting the Common written exams which will be held in online mode for 20 Government banks for the PO posts

Eligibity to apply is:

Education: Graduation pass in any stream

Maximum 30 years
OBC gets 3 years and SC/ST gets 5 years age relaxations

Questions will be asked from the below sections in the IBPS PO Exams:
Quantitative Aptitude-50 marks
Reasoning- 50 marks
General Awareness with special reference to Banking Industry-40 marks
Computer Knowledge-20 marks
English Language-40 marks

You can fill the forms from the website www.ibps.in

Forms will be filled from 22nd July 2013
Last date to apply is 12th August 2013
31st July 2013, 01:40 PM
ranjith1438
Senior Member+++++

Hai,

Yeah you are eligible for both PO(Probationary Officer) and Clerk exam. The major exam for banking is IBPS(Institute of Banking Personal Selection) exam. This exam conducted under 19 public sector banks.

Eligibility details for IBPS PO:-

The candidate should have to complete bachelor's degree in any stream from a recognised university.

Percentage is not required for this exam.

Applicant should be a citizen of India.

The candidates age should be in between 20 years to 30 years,

There is a relaxation of 3 years for OBC candidates,

There is a relaxation of 5 years for SC/ST candidates,

There is a relaxation of 10 years for PWD candidates.

Eligibility details for IBPS Clerk:-

The candidate should have to complete graduation from a recognised university.

No need of percentage restrictions to apply this exam.

Applicant must be a citizen of INDIA.

The minimum age limit- 20 years,

The maximum age limit- 28 years,

3 years relaxation for OBC candidates,

5 years relaxation for SC/ST candidates,

10 years relaxation for PWD candidates.

Selection process:-

Written exam,

Personal interview.

For more details visit
www.ibps.in

All the best.
31st July 2013, 08:35 PM
Kotesh432
Senior Member+

Hi Guest,

The candidates passing graduation are eligible for Bank PO and Clerical jobs.

So as you have completed only 12th standard you are not eligible to apply now.

You can apply for the jobs after completing graduation in any of the field.

The remaining details are available in the official website and the notification.

Thank you,

All the best.
1st August 2013, 03:49 PM
anshu85277
Senior Member+

dear aspirant sorry to inform you that you are not elligible for bank clerk and po,

for bank clerk you must have scored more than 60 % in class 12th and age limit must be between 20-28

and for ibps you must have to be grauate with 60 % above in graduation and with in the age limits,
1st August 2013, 09:22 PM
Jaynitkumar

Location: At-Lalmohan Nagar,P/o-Pahunsara,Block-Raniganj,Disttrict-Araria (Bihar) 854312

The minimum qualification for being PO or Clerk is graduation..

You are graduated,
so you are eligible..
best of luck..!
2nd August 2013, 08:29 AM
nishi513

Hi friend...The minimum educational qualification required to apply for IBPS CLERK and PO exams,SBI PO exam is graduation in any discipline from recognised institution/university and for SBI CLERK post is intermediate(12th) with 60% of marks or graduation in any discipline from recognised university...Age limit to apply for Bank clerk post is 18-28 years and for PO post is 21-30 years and the age relaxations are as per the government regulations...So,it is sorry to say that you are not eligible to apply for clerk and PO posts in banking industry with your present educational qualification...ALL THE BEST...
2nd August 2013, 07:32 PM
Dharm27
Senior Member+++++

Quote:

Dear Aspirant,

--->> There are mainly to types of Bank Exam are vary famous across the India are:

1. SBI and
2. IBPS Exam.....

--->> Here i am going to discuss the all the thing about this two post.....

--->> For the Post of Clerk Exam in SBI a candidate must have completed their 10+2 with the subject of Computer Science OR Equivalent Course with Computer Knowledge are applicable for the exam.....

--->> The Degree Course Should be completed with at least 60% or Equivalent CGPA that is at least 6.5 through out the career......

Age for SBI Clerk Post:-
  • minimum age should be 18 years.
  • Maximum age should be 28 years.

--->> For SBI PO a candidate must have competed their Graduation Degree in any discipline from the recognized Universities can apply for this examination.....

Age for SBI Clerk Post:-
  • minimum age should be 20 years.
  • Maximum age should be 30 years.

--->> For IBPS Clerk and IBPS PO a candidate must have competed their Graduation Degree in any discipline from the recognized Universities can apply for this examination.....

Age for IBPS Clerk Post:-
  • Maximum age should be 28 years.

Age for IBPS PO Post:-
  • Maximum age should be 30 years.

Relaxation on upper age:-

• OBC : +3 years.
  • SC/ST : +5 years.
  • PH/PWD : +10 years.

List of Best Bank exam Coaching Center:-

T.I.M.E.(Triumphant Institute Of Management Education Pvt. Ltd)

NARAYANA

AMITY

EXCELLENT BANK COACHING

ETEN ACE

All the vary best

With Regards.....
DHARM
3rd August 2013, 11:47 AM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
For the post of probationary officers and for the post of clerical cadres banking exam is conducted by both IBPS and SBI. You can apply for the both the exams since the marks that you have secured at graduation level specifically makes you an eligible candidate to apply for these two exams.

SBI Examination:-

Clerk Exam Criteria:-

For the clerical post what you need is either a H.S. certificate and 60% of marks in aggregate or you can get a graduation degree in any discipline of your choice from a recognized university.

It is also important to know the basics of computer. You should get a crash course done on computer operation if you have not studied computer application at 10+2 level or graduation level.

Clerk Exam Age Criteria:-

Minimum Age Limit:- 18 years
Maximum Age Limit:- 28 years

PO Exam Criteria:-

You must get a graduate degree in any stream from a recognized university or any equivalent qualification recognized by the Central Government.

PO Exam Age Criteria:-

Minimum Age Limit:- 21 years
Maximum Age Limit:- 30 years

IBPS Examination:-

Clerk Exam Criteria:-

Earlier only a H.S. certificate was more than enough to apply for this post but not anymore. Now you need at least a graduate degree in any discipline of your choice from a recognized university.

You must have operating and working knowledge of computer systems and you should be proficient in the official language of the state where you are going to apply.

Clerk Exam Age Criteria:-

Minimum Age Limit:- 20 years
Maximum Age Limit:- 28 years

PO Exam Criteria:-

You must be a graduate in any discipline from a recognized University or any equivalent qualification recognized as such by the Central Government.

PO Exam Age Criteria:-

Minimum Age Limit:- 20 years
Maximum Age Limit:- 30 years

Hope this helps :-> :->
4th August 2013, 04:19 PM
chikkykranthi619

Yes you are eligible for both the IBPS clerical and PO exams.

Do not bother about your percentages from this year onwards IBPS PO do not require the minimum of 60% .

Even if you are not a computer literate then also you can apply for the exam.

So, don't worry apply for the IBPS PO exam now as there is notification released recently for more information view this pdf's below.

CORRIGENDUM_PO_MT.pdf

CWE_PO_MT_III_Advt_08_07_2013.pdf

Read the above pdf's care fully and verify whether you have required age or not and then apply for the exam by following the guide lines as specified by the IBPS.
15th August 2013, 11:30 PM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Am I eligible for bank clerk exam and PO exam after passing 12th with 57%?

Quote:

Eligibility For PO and clerk Examination

Eligibility for Clerical Exams :-

1) For appearing in the SBI and IBPS Clerk Exam..the candidate has to be less than 28 years and more than 18 years of age..

2) The candidate should have completed graduation from a recognized institution ..

3) There is no minimum percentage requirement..

4) There is no restriction on the number of attempts..

5) Age relaxation of 3 years and 5 years for OBC and SC/ST respectively..

Eligibility Criterion for PO Examination :-

1) For appearing in SBI PO Exam..age has to be between 21 years to 30 years..

2) For IBPS Bank PO Exam..age should be more than 20 years and less than 28 years..

3) Graduation degree holders in any discipline from a recognized University are only eligible to apply for PO Exam..

4) No percentage restriction..

all the best..

With Warm Regards
Nitz
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?