9th September 2015, 02:57 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to become an Advocate or not?

hi
i have done my 2 puc commerce in 2004 now i want to do llb i want to become an advocate so plz i want to know that im eligible or not and also course duration i want know .

thanks & regards,

kouser jabeen

9th September 2015, 07:59 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to become an Advocate or not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hi
i have done my 2 puc commerce in 2004 now i want to do llb i want to become an advocate so plz i want to know that im eligible or not and also course duration i want know .

thanks & regards,

kouser jabeen
To become Advocate, you can for LLB course through CLAT exam.

Eligibility criteria for LLB course:-

If you have completed 12th standard from any stream with above 50% marks from a recognized board then you are eligible LLB course.

The candidate age should not be more than 20 Years for under graduate course.
9th September 2015, 08:28 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

In order to become an advocate, you must possess Bachelor’s degree in Law (L.L.B) from a recognized university .

LLB is a three year duration bachelor’s degree program divided into six semesters.There are two ways to do LLB course.One is the three years course offered after graduation and another one is the five year’s integrated course which can be opted right after the 12th class exam .

You can apply for LLB course on the condition you fulfill all the under mentioned eligibility criteria .

One can get admission to five year’s integrated LLB course after clearing CLAT(Common Law Admission Test) .

The eligibility criteria for LLB course after 10+2 are following:-

-The candidate must have secured a minimum of 50%(45% for SC/ST/PWD) marks in 10+2 exam in any stream from a recognized board.

-The candidate should not exceed 20 years of age.For SC/ST candidate it is 22 years.

-The syllabus for the entrance exam includes legal aptitude, logical reasoning, English comprehension, General knowledge/ current affairs and elementary mathematics.

Admission to three years LLB degree course is done on the basis of separate entrance exams conducted by the concerned university or on the basis of merit only.

The eligibility criteria for LLB course after graduation are following:-

-The candidate must have completed graduation with a minimum of 45% marks (40% for reserved category) in any discipline from a recognized university.

- The minimum age limit to apply for the course is 17 years and there is no upper age-limit for admission.

After having LLB degree, one has to get enrolled to any State Bar Council regulated by the advocate’s act, 1961 before getting into the profession of law. One can practice as an advocate in any part of the country only after this registration .
10th September 2015, 01:39 PM
arya8360

Hi aspirant,
Yes, you can do LLB from any university.
Here is the duration of the course,
-3 years
Some top law colleges in India are,
-Government law college, churchgate,Mumbai.
-visdya prasark mandala, Mumbai.
-BHU, Varanasi
-NLSIU Bangalore
-osmania university, Hyderabad.
11th September 2015, 07:57 PM
Rashmuu

For becoming advocate you have to do the LLB course. This course can be done either after by 12th or after the graduation degree.If you are going after successfully completing your class 12 th then it will take 5 years for completion of this course. If you go After completion of your graduation degree then it will take only three years for completion of this course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?