17th October 2016, 09:26 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to become an Airport Customs Officer being 60 years old retired person?

My name is John Ma. Just turned 60 years of age in August 2016 and I am forced to retired. I completed my BA Degree at the Chinese University of Hong Kong in 1982 and got my teaching diploma in 1983. I have run my own importing business in Melbourne since 2004. I am physically fit and well as I have never been hospitalized. I speak fluent English, Cantonese, Mandarin, and Chiuchow. I have great inter-personal skills and I am hoping to help out in the industry.

Please let me know if I am eligible to work at the airport and I am eager to take up some training. I am looking at retiring at the age of 65, as my wife would reach her retirement age then as well.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

John

17th October 2016, 05:57 PM
rachna sarswat
Senior Member+

Default Re: Am I eligible to become an Airport Customs Officer being 60 years old retired person?

I am very sorry to say but you are not eligible for custom officer job. As for this job your age should be below 30 years and there is only 5 years of relaxation for reserved category. So even if you are from reserved category then also you can't apply for this job. Thanks
17th October 2016, 09:40 PM
rachna sarswat
Senior Member+

Default Re: Am I eligible to become an Airport Customs Officer being 60 years old retired person?

I am very sorry to say but you are not eligible for custom officer job. As for this job your age should be below 30 years and there is only 5 years of relaxation for reserved category. So even if you are from reserved category then also you can't apply for this job. Thanks
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?