27th April 2012, 08:53 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for civil service exam? I am a student of BCA from AIMMT Barrackpore Kolkata

good morning sir,i am i elligible for civil service(IAS OR IPS) exam.Now i am a student of bca from AIMMT barrackpore kolkata westbengal affiliated to wbut.If not then is there any option.

29th April 2012, 01:30 PM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Am I eligible for civil service exam? I am a student of BCA from AIMMT Barrackpore Kolkata

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
good morning sir,i am i elligible for civil service(IAS OR IPS) exam.Now i am a student of bca from AIMMT barrackpore kolkata westbengal affiliated to wbut.If not then is there any option.

Eligibility Criterion For Civil Service Exams

The Civil Service Exams are conducted every year by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) in 2 stages :-

Prelims which test your aptitude, general awareness and current affairs through 2 objective papers..

Mains which will test your knowledge of your graduation subjects and English through 9 descriptive papers..

The forms for the Civil Services 2012 are generally available in the 1st week of February and the last date to submit the forms is 1st week of March..

The Prelims exam this year is going to be conducted on 20th May,2012 and the Mains shall be conducted on 5th October,2012 and shall go on for 10 days..

Eligibility Criterion :-

Candidates who have the following minimum qualifications are eligible to appear for the exam :-

1) The candidate must be a final year graduation student or must have already completed his/her graduation from a recognized University..

2) The candidate mus be within the age limit of 21-30 years (3 years age relaxation for OBC and 5 years for SC/ST candidates..

3) General candidates can appear only 4 times for the exam whereas OBC candidates can appear for 7 and SC/ST candidates can appear as long as their age permits..

If you are not a final year student then currently you are not eligible for the exam..

You can visit http://upsc.gov.in for any more details about the exam..

all the best..

With Warm Regards
Nitz
Attached Files
File Type: pdf IAS GENERAL_STUDIES 2009.pdf(1.07 MB, 53 views)
File Type: pdf IAS GENERAL_STUDIES 2010.pdf(1.57 MB, 72 views)
File Type: txt IAS Exam Paper Pattern.txt(552 Bytes, 50 views)
File Type: pdf IAS Mains Sample Paper 1.pdf(1.95 MB, 78 views)
29th April 2012, 02:06 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for civil service exam? I am a student of BCA from AIMMT Barrackpore Kolkata

Yes, you are eligible to apply for Civil Service exam after completion of your BCA studies.

CIVIL SERVICE EXAMINATION conducted by UPSC for appointment in the top administrative post in various Dept. under Central Govt.

ELIGIBILITY FOR CIVIL SERVICE EXAM:-

-The candidate must be an Indian National
-Should have either appear for or pass the final Graduation Degree exam in any stream of education from a recognised University
-Should be within the age of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation for SC/ST candidate up to 5 years and for OBC candidate up to 3 years.

The selection is of three tire:-

CIVIL SERVICE APTITUDE TEST-PRELIMINARY EXAM -CSAT

CIVIL SERVICE MAIN EXAM

PERSONAL INTERVIEW

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
29th April 2012, 03:18 PM
Rajgour

Default Re: Am I eligible for civil service exam? I am a student of BCA from AIMMT Barrackpore Kolkata

dear,
you can eligible for civil services exam.
Eligibility Criterion :-

Candidates who have the following minimum qualifications are eligible to appear for the exam :-

1) The candidate must be a final year graduation student or must have already completed his/her graduation from a recognized University..

2) The candidate mus be within the age limit of 21-30 years (3 years age relaxation for OBC and 5 years for SC/ST candidates..

3) General candidates can appear only 4 times for the exam whereas OBC candidates can appear for 7 and SC/ST candidates can appear as long as their age permits..

If you are not a final year student then currently you are not eligible for the exam..

You can visit http://upsc.gov.in for any more details about the exam.
29th April 2012, 04:04 PM
sirimulla srikanth
Senior Member++

Hello friend....

UPSC conducted the civil services exams for recruit the candidates for various govt sectors like IAS, IPS,IES etc....once a year.

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR CIVIL SERVICES EXAM:

Candidate should complete graduation from a recognized university

Age limit for this exam is 21-30 years.

3 years age relaxation for OBC candidates

5 years age relaxation for SC/ST candidates

Candidate should be a citizen of india.

SELECTION PROCESS:

Preliminary exam

Main exam

Interview

NUMBER OF ATTEMPTS:
4 years for general candidates

7 years for OBC candidates

There is no age limit for SC/ST candidates.

for more information regards visit www.upsc.gov.in

ALL THE BEST...
8th May 2012, 09:54 PM
Unregistered

what percentage is required for this exam?
30th May 2012, 10:17 PM
Unregistered

i want to go for civil services after my AMIE.AMIE compled student is elegible for civil services
19th July 2012, 08:02 PM
Unregistered

I am completed bca,while I have fill the form of civil service(ssc,ias,pcs).plz give my path.my expert.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?