14th March 2015, 11:36 PM
Unregistered

What is the percentage criteria required in Graduation for Civil Service aspirants?

Sir/Mam,

Please tell me what is eligible criteria need for civil service aspirants & whats % in graduation for candidate? How to ensure that I would be eligible to apply for the civil service exam while doing my Graduation course? Please help.

15th March 2015, 12:22 AM
Uthradhi
Senior Member+

Default Re: What is the percentage criteria required in Graduation for Civil Service aspirants?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir/Mam,

Please tell me what is eligible criteria need for civil service aspirants & whats % in graduation for candidate? How to ensure that I would be eligible to apply for the civil service exam while doing my Graduation course? Please help.
Civil Service Examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission Once in a year. This year notification is not yet released. The exam notification will be published in the month of June/July in the official website of UPSC.

Eligibility Criteria :

-> Aspirant should have completed degree course in any desired subject from a recognized University or equivalent qualification.
-> No percentage bar is there to apply.
-> Those who are appearing in the final year of degree course may also eligible.
-> Aspirant age should be between 21 years to 32 years as on 1st August of the year of examination.
-> Upper age limits is applicable for reserved categories.
-> 3 years relaxation is applicable for OBC category.
-> 5 years relaxation is applicable for SC/ST category.
16th March 2015, 01:15 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the percentage criteria required in Graduation for Civil Service aspirants?

Quote:
Sir/Mam,

If you have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university then you are eligible for Civil Service exam.

Age Criteria:

For General: 21 to 30 years
For OBC: 21 to 33 years
For SC/ST: 21 to 35 years

No. of Attempts:

For General: 3
For OBC: 7
For SC/ST: No Restriction

Selection process for Civil Service exam:

1)Preliminary test
2)Mains exam
3)Personal interview

Books for Civil Service exam:-

IAS PRE: Data Interpretation and Data Sufficiency
by Upscportal
Publisher: Upscportal.com
Price: Rs. 225

UPSC IAS PRE: English Grammar and Usage
by Upscportal
Publisher: UPSCPORTAL Publications
Price: Rs. 220

UPSC PORTAL: English Language Comprehension Skills
by UPSCportal Editorial Board
Publisher: Upsc Portal
Price: Rs. 150

UPSC Portal General Knowledge Manual
by UPSCportal Editorial Board
Publisher: Upscportal.com
Price: Rs. 150
18th March 2015, 11:21 PM
varam09

Quote:
Sir/Mam,

Civil Services exam is conducted by UPSC every year.

There is no specific criteria about the percentage required but you need to complete your graduation to apply for Civil Services exam, even final year candidates are also eligible to apply for the exam.

Regarding age, one must have attained minimum 21years and should not be more than 32 years, however there is age relaxation for reserved category candidates 3 years age relaxation for OBC Category and 5 years age relaxation for SC/ST Category.

There is also restriction on the number of attempts given for this exam, six attempts are allowed for general, nine attempts are allowed for OBC Category, and there is no limit for SC/ST Category.

The examination pattern is as follows:

Preliminary exam, main exam, Interview

Candidates must be physically fit to appear for civil services exam as per guidelines.
27th March 2015, 04:37 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Civil Services examination are conducted by UPSC and for this there is no specific percentage of marks required to seat in it .The candidate must have graduation degree from a recognised university and there age criteria belongs to there caste as for general category candidates the age limitations is between 21-30.
The examination is conducted in three phase the candidates must have to qualify in the first to be eligible for second phase and so on.
1.Preliminary
2.Mains.
3.Interview.
There is also limitations on number of times a candidate can attempt within its age limitation as for general it is maximum of 3 for OBC it is 6 and for SC/ST there is no limitations.
3rd April 2015, 05:16 PM
Ashwakh

To apply for the Civil services exam , you just need to complete your Graduation from a Recognised University . There is no specific criteria about Cutoff percentage. Everyone wh have completed Graduation even with Pass marks can apply for the exam .

Other points in eligiblity criteria of the Civil services exam are ,

-> The Minimum age of the candidate shouldbe 21 years.

* Maximum age limit for the General category candidates is 30 years
* Maximum age limit for the OBC Category candidates is 33 years
* Maximum age limit for the SC , ST category candidates is 35 years

-> You shouldbe a citizen of India

Restrictions in Number of Attempts:-
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For General category candidates = 4

For OBC category candidates = 7

For SC , ST category candidates = No limit
3rd April 2015, 10:20 PM
amanshrivastava98

According to the notification released by the UPSC, there is no such fixed or minimum percentage criteria for a candidate to appear in the CSE.

Every candidate who has completed his studies under the scheme of 10+2+3 at least and is older than 21 years and younger than 32 (for general candidates) can apply for the examination conducted by the UPSC every year.
15th April 2015, 11:48 PM
Chandrprakash34
Senior Member+

Civil Services Exams are conducted by every states and UPSC.The minimum qualification is Graduation for the aspirants those are going to take exam.The Percentage criteria for Civil Service Exam is different in different states.But minimum 60% marks in Graduation is enough to take Civil Service Exams.
The Civil Services Exams are PSC Exams like UPPSC,MPPSC,RPSC etc.The main subjects that are asked in Prelims of Civil Service Exam are General Knowledge,Maths,Aptitude,Reasoning.

The Main Exam is conducted by the Commission after prelims for prelims passed candidates.The main exams are subject based and theoretical those are chooses by the candidate.After this,at last interview is taken by the commission for the aspirants those have cleared the main exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?