19th September 2011, 02:03 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for GATE Exam having secured 75% in BE and 59% in 12th?

i have got 59% in 12th.. am i eligible for gate xm...???
Nd i have 75% in B.E. Degree..

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible for Civil Competitive Exam after scoring 57% in 12th?
  2. What is the 12th criteria to apply in PSU through GATE? I have secured 76% in 10th
  3. Am I eligible to attend AP PGECET GATE counselling if secured 19.67 marks in GATE?
  4. Am I eligible for GATE after scoring 58% in 10th and 71% in 12th
  5. How may I get a job in Pune or Nashik? I am BE(Mechanical) graduate. List of jobs(government and private both) for me in Pune or Nashik?
  6. Am I eligible to reattempt if secured minus marks in GATE? -- [New]
  7. Can I get GATE Stipend if secured 57.2% in B.Tech?
  8. Can I qualify if secured 1116 rank in GATE? List of colleges for admission?
  9. Which Companies am I eligible for Campus Placements being a candidate having secured 62% in 10th, 58% in 12th and 67% in BE?
  10. What is the eligibility criteria for TCS on campus? -- [Most Discussed]
  11. Off-campus job opportunities for a candidate who have secured 69.14% in 10th, 56.7% in 12th and 74.14% in B.E. till 6th semester? Whether 12th percentage matters to get job if clearing GATE?
  12. Am I eligible to attend TCS Off-Campus Interview if secured 61% in 10th, 53% in 12th and 6.68 CGPA in B.Tech?
  13. Am I eligible to apply for IBPS PO exam if secured 54.3% in 10th, 51.5% in 12th and 55% in Graduation?
  14. Am I eligible for this year NIMCET Exam having secured 68.8% in 10th, 59.2% in 12th and 62.25% in Graduation?
  15. Am I eligible to get admission in NIT if secured 4425 rank in GATE being a BC-B candidate?
  16. Am I eligible for MCA in VIT after scoring 57% in 12th?
  17. Am I eligible to get any scholarship if secured 97% in 12th Kerala State Board being a B.Sc(Physics) candidate?
  18. Am i eligible to appear for SBI IBSP exam with 60.25%
19th September 2011, 05:58 PM
peterpan10
Senior Member+

Default Re: Am I eligible for GATE Exam having secured 75% in BE and 59% in 12th?

Yes my friend,of course you are eligible for GATE.But you know that you have to work hard to score above cut off marks in GATE.There is already forms in internet.So please fill up the form of GATE examination.

For more details please visit this link http://iitd.ac.in/gate[/COLOR]"]http://iitd.ac.in/gate
19th September 2011, 09:29 PM
melwynjensen
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Am I eligible for GATE Exam having secured 75% in BE and 59% in 12th?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR GATE EXAM

Yes, you are eligible for GATE exam... the educational qualification needed for GATE exam is a pass in UG course and 10+2...

-> I have attached the detail eligibility criteria for GATE 2012 in this post for your reference.. just go through for better understanding...

-> To know more about GATE 2012 online CLICK HERE!!!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf GATE 2012 eligibility.pdf(15.7 KB, 45 views)
19th September 2011, 10:09 PM
ashok880
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for GATE Exam having secured 75% in BE and 59% in 12th?

Their is no such type of restriction to appear for GATE exam,the only restriction is that you should be either in final year/completed Engineering course.If you are final year/completed the B.Tech course,then definitely you can apply for GATE exam.

GATE exam score is valid for 2 years.

See this attachment for GATE-2012 Examination schedule:
Attached Files
File Type: pdf GATE-2012 EXAM SCHEDULE.pdf(85.2 KB, 58 views)
19th September 2011, 10:52 PM
BITAN GHOSH
Senior Member+

Dear friend,
GATE exam doesn't depend on the following things:-
1. Your percentage of marks
2. Number of attempts
3. Upper age limit
So, you are very much eligible to appear in the exam.
All the very best.
19th September 2011, 11:46 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Dear friend,

The eligibility criteria for GATE exam:-

(a) Bachelor’s degree holders in Engineering/Technology or its equivalent.

(b) Bachelor’s degree holders in Science/Mathematics/Statistics/Computer Science/Electronics/ followed by qualifications obtained through an examination conducted by professional societies recognized by UPSC/AICTE.

(c) Bachelor’s degree holders in Architecture/Design (for M Des program only)

(d) Master’s degree holders in Physics with Electronics/Instrumentation (for M Tech programs).

Final year student are eligible for GATE exam.There are no marks criteria for GATE exam.

all the best.
20th September 2011, 12:27 AM
saugata2008

For GATE exam there is no percentage ,number of permissible attempts,age criteria mentioned in the notification .So one can go for it as many times as possible with any percentage .

As a BE student you are eligible for GATE exam .So you can go for it .

Thank you
20th September 2011, 12:36 AM
bhabanisankardas

Location: Jaypurkilla(Near Pipili College), Pipili, Puri, Orissa, India 752104

Hi

GATE is considered as the best entrance and option for both engineers those wanted to opt for M.Tech or any good job.

Yes, you are eligible for GATE exam...

Eligibility to appear for the GATE exam

1. You should hold Bachelor's degree in Engineering/Technology/ Architecture
those who are in the final year can also apply

2. You should have Master's degree in any branch of Science , Statistics ,Mathematics,Computer Applications .those who are in final year are also eligible .

3. Students in the second or higher year of the Four-year Integrated Master's degree programme in Engineering/Technology.

4. Students who are in the fourth or higher year of Five-year Integrated Master's degree programme or Dual Degree programme in Engineering/Technology.

5. Students with qualifications obtained through examinations conducted by professional societies recognized by UPSC/AICTE , Those who have completed section A or equivalent of such professional courses are also eligible.

List of important dates for GATE exam 2012

Commencement of Online Application submission

Monday 12 September 2011

Last date

a) Submission of Online Application Form

Monday17 Oct 2011

b) Receipt of printed version of ONLINE Application at respective GATE Offices.

Good Luck
20th September 2011, 12:37 AM
bhabanisankardas

Location: Jaypurkilla(Near Pipili College), Pipili, Puri, Orissa, India 752104

Hi

GATE is considered as the best entrance and option for both engineers those wanted to opt for M.Tech or any good job.

Yes, you are eligible for GATE exam...

Eligibility to appear for the GATE exam

1. You should hold Bachelor's degree in Engineering/Technology/ Architecture
those who are in the final year can also apply

2. You should have Master's degree in any branch of Science , Statistics ,Mathematics,Computer Applications .those who are in final year are also eligible .

3. Students in the second or higher year of the Four-year Integrated Master's degree programme in Engineering/Technology.

4. Students who are in the fourth or higher year of Five-year Integrated Master's degree programme or Dual Degree programme in Engineering/Technology.

5. Students with qualifications obtained through examinations conducted by professional societies recognized by UPSC/AICTE , Those who have completed section A or equivalent of such professional courses are also eligible.

List of important dates for GATE exam 2012

Commencement of Online Application submission

Monday 12 September 2011

Last date

a) Submission of Online Application Form

Monday17 Oct 2011

b) Receipt of printed version of ONLINE Application at respective GATE Offices.

Good Luck
20th September 2011, 12:46 AM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello dear

yes, you are eligible for the GATE 2012 exam.

there is no age criteria in the GATE 2012 exam.

there is also no marks criteria in the GATE 2012 exam.

But prefinal year students are not eligiable for the gate exam 2012.

The following categories of candidates are eligible to appear for GATE 2012:

>>Bachelor's degree holders in Engineering/Technology/ Architecture (4 years after 10+2) and those who are in the final year of such programmes.

>>Bachelor's degree holders in Engineering/Technology/Architecture (Post-B.Sc./Post-Diploma) and those who are in the final year of such programmes.

>>Master's degree holders in any branch of Science/Mathematics/ Statistics/Computer Applications or equivalent and those who are in the final year of such programmes.

>>Candidates in the second or higher year of the Four-year Integrated Master's degree programme (Post-B.Sc.) in Engineering/Technology.

>>Candidates in the fourth or higher year of Five-year Integrated Master's degree programme or Dual Degree programme in Engineering/Technology.

>>Candidates with qualifications obtained through examinations conducted by professional societies recognized by UPSC/AICTE (e.g. AMIE by Institute of Engineers (India); AMICE by Institute of Civil Engineers (India)) as equivalent to B.E./B.Tech. Those who have completed section A or equivalent of such professional courses are also eligible.

gate brochure for 2012 is attached.

all the best.........
Attached Files
File Type: pdf brochure.pdf(443.0 KB, 42 views)
20th September 2011, 01:57 AM
praveendia

yes ur eligible for gate 2012 as u had completed ur engg.for gate 12 no where considered. for gate 2012 log to iit delhi site and click to gate 2012
20th September 2011, 04:50 AM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Am I eligible for GATE Exam having secured 75% in BE and 59% in 12th?

Quote:

Eligibility for GATE exam

Yes you are surely eligible for appearing in GATE 2012 as according to the GATE eligibility criteria

Bachelor's degree holders in Engineering (4 years after 10+2) and those who are in the final year of such programs.
If you are in Pre-final year then you can't give the exam..else you are eligible for giving the exam..

There is no percentage restriction and you can give the exam at any age and any number of times according to your wish..

all the best..

~Hope this helps.. ~

With Warm Regards
"Nitz"
20th September 2011, 01:37 PM
meeepriya

dear friend

Yeah , off course you are eligible for GATE.you have to work hard to score above cut off marks in GATE.There is already forms in internet.So please fill up the form of GATE examination.
31st October 2011, 03:37 PM
vinay21feb
Senior Member+++

i think you may appear in GATE examination. but you have to submit one letter from your institution in which you have to indicate about your back paper. go through the GATE information brochure you will get details about it. i will suggest you to contact with your IIT zonal office they will inform you about your eligibility in GATE examination. they will suggest about what you have to do to appear in GATE examination 2012.
31st October 2011, 11:01 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
Eligibility for GATE exam:-

1.Candidate must have complete the graduation in the fields like- Engineering/Technology/Architecture.
Or,
2.candidate must have complete the post graduation in the fields like- M.Sc/MCA/MBA..

3.Candidate can appear in GATE exam 'n' number of times.

4.No age limit..

5.no percentage required..

as you have complete your BE course then Yes, you are surely eligible for GATE exam..

All the best.
1st November 2011, 11:53 PM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Yes you are eligible to sit for GATE exam ! The requirement for GATE exam is that you must b in final year of graduation and must have more than 60% in your graduation course.

10+2 has to be just passed which you are. So you can easily sit for this exam.

Good luck!
6th January 2013, 12:35 AM
infoysis
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Your definitely eligible for GATE Examination After Completing your BE Course and All also you have score good percentage of marks in your B.E Course .

The candidate who Complete Bachelor of Engineering Course / Master degree in science stream are eligible to apply for this GATE Examination .

.......::::::: GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering ::::::::.......

Eligibility Criteria for GATE Examination :-

## One Should Qualifed in Bachelor degree in ( Engineering , Technology , Architecture ) from recoghized Univeristy .

## Final year candidate may also eligible to apply for this Examination

(OR)

## One should Complete Bachelor degree holders in ( Engineering , Technology , Architecture ) ( Post B.Sc. / Post Diploma ) from recogniezd University

## Final year candidate maya also eligible to apply for this Examination .

(OR)

## One should Complete Master degree in any branch of ( Science , Mathematics , Statistics , Computer Applications) from recognized University .

## Final year Candidate maya also eligible to apply for this Examination .

Important :-

## Pre final year candidates are not eligible to apply for GATE Examination .

## There is no Minimum Percentage of marks require for this GATE Examination .

Books for GATE Examination :-

## GATE Examination ( Instrumentation Engineering ) by The Gate Academy
## GATE Examination ( Mechanical Engineering ) by The Gate Academy
## GATE Examination ( Mechanical Engineering ) by Vikas Slariya
## GATE Examination ( Instrumentation Engineering ) by G K P
## GATE Examination ( Civil Engineering )by G K P
## GATE Examination ( Computer Science Previous Solved Papers & Practice Papers ) by Made Easy
6th January 2013, 05:59 PM
sanj69
Senior Member+

GATE - Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering, conducted by IIT and Indian Institute of Science for admission to M.Tech Courses in IITs and NITs etc.

There is no percentage of marks criteria for application to GATE.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having completed B.Tech. from a recognised University with no upper age restriction, can apply for GATE.

The selection for admission to M.Tech. course, is on the basis of score secured in GATE exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?