22nd September 2011, 08:02 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for GATE exam while in 3rd year ECE stream?

i m 3rd yr student frm ece stream .
i want 2 knw dat am i valid for gate exam ?
pls reply dis qstn?

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to appear in GATE being a B.Tech(ECE) 3rd year student? How can I find out the percentage of GATE scorecard?
  2. Am I eligible for upcoming GATE Exam being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year B.Tech in ECE? Validity of GATE score?
  3. Am I eligible to appear in GATE being an ECE 3rd year student? How to find out GATE scorecard? -- [New]
  4. How to write GATE exam after doing B.Tech in ECE stream
  5. How should I start preparation for GATE Exam to get into NTPC being a candidate of pursuing 3rd semester of ECE stream?
  6. How to prepare for GATE exam while doing 3rd year ECE?
  7. Am I eligible to give BARC Exam being a candidate pursuing 3rd year of B.Tech in ECE stream?
  8. How to apply for TTA exam? I am studying 3rd year B.Tech in ECE stream
  9. How to change my stream in M.Tech form IT/CSE to ECE? Am I eligible to sit for GATE exam?
  10. How to do M.Tech in Computer Sciences after finishing B.Tech in Electronics and Communication Engineering?
  11. BSNL offers recruitment through GATE for B.Tech(ECE) 3rd year student?
  12. Am I eligible to appear in GATE if having 6 arrears in B.Tech(ECE)? When GATE will be conducted?
  13. Am I eligible for ISRO Exam having secured 64% in one semester and above 70% in remaining semesters pursuing 3rd year of B.Tech ECE?
  14. Can I appear for GATE in 2nd year engineering just to get some idea? How often does GATE Syllabus change?
  15. Am I eligible to apply for internships with 57% of marks in 3rd year ECE?
  16. Can I be eligible to apply for JTO entrance exam? I am doing engineering 3rd year in ECE department
  17. GATE previous year question papers with solutions for ECE branch? -- [Most Discussed]
  18. How to prepare for GATE exam? I am a B.Tech 3rd year ECe student
23rd September 2011, 07:23 AM
mukul0094
Banned

Default Re: Am I eligible for GATE exam while in 3rd year ECE stream?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
pls reply dis qstn?

Information Regarding GATE examination.

No, According to GATE-2012 notification you are not eligible for the GATE-2012 examination. You will be eligible in the final year of B.Tech course. GATE examination is conducted by the management of IIT college for the admission in the M.Tech course at IIT college. Many other college also take admission in the M.Tech course through the GATE score card.

NOTE :- The pre-final year candidates are not eligible for the GATE-2012 examination. Only final year and pass out candidates are eligible for the GATE-2012 examination..

So, if you are a B.Tech 3rd year student then you will be eligible in the final year of B.Tech course. For any more information regarding GATE-2012 examination please visit the official website of GATE. :- http://www.iitk.ac.in/gate/gate2012/

Regards
~Mukul~
23rd September 2011, 09:48 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
pls reply dis qstn?
Dear friend,

Yes, 3rd year student are eligible for GATE exam.

Because GATE score is valid for TWO years.

There are no boundary for age so you can apply for GATE exam in maximum times.

thanks
23rd September 2011, 10:05 AM
venkataprakash.v
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
pls reply dis qstn?

I am answer the question many times in the session.

According to the new eligibility criteria,third year students are not eligible to apply for this examination.

Only pass out candidates and final year of degree course candidates are eligible to apply for this examination.

If have a any doubt see the eligibility criteria for this examination.

>>>>Graduate degree holders in engineering/technology/architecture and those in the final year of degree course can also apply for this examination.

>>>>Graduate degree holders in engineering/technology/architecture(post-B.Sc/post-Diploma) and those in the final year of degree course can also apply for this examination.

>>>>Post Graduate degree holders in any branch of science/statistics/computer science/mathematics and those in the final year of degree course can also apply for this examination.

>>>>Third year candidates are not eligible to apply for this examination.

More details,Visit the official website : http://www.iitk.ac.in/gate/gate2012/eligibility.php
23rd September 2011, 12:01 PM
solution
Senior Member++++

Hello dear

no. you are not eligiable for the GATE 2012.

AS The pre-final year candidates are not eligible for the GATE-2012 examination.

in the last year also pre-final year candidates were eligiable for the GATE exam.

but this year GATE committee has decided that pre-final year candidates are not eligible for the GATE-2012 examination.

this year GATE is conducted by IIT-Delhi.

there is no age limit for the GATE exam. so you can can try for gate exam next year and then after also.

for more information check-http://gate.iitd.ac.in/GATE/

all the best........
23rd September 2011, 12:20 PM
meeeanki
Member+

dear friend

yeah as you are a 3rd year ece student so, you are eligible for gate exam because gate score card two years valid

to gate more information and form fill up plz visit the bellow website
http://www.iitk.ac.in/gate/gate2012/

have a good day
23rd September 2011, 12:23 PM
ashok880
Senior Member++++

For GATE-2012 entrance exam,only completed B.Tech course/in final year students are eligible for the exam.

GATE score will be valid for 2 years.

See this attachment for exam schedule of GATE-2012:
Attached Files
File Type: pdf GATE-2012 EXAM SCHEDULE.pdf(85.2 KB, 69 views)
23rd September 2011, 12:40 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
You are from ECE stream, and you want to appear in GATE exam.. Then you can go for it..
As you have mentioned that you are in 3rd years of B.tech course then you can appear in GATE exam.

Because the validity of GATE score is 2 years..
So, if you able to qualify in GATE exam being a 3rd years student, then you can take admission in M.tech course after completion of B.tech with the help of your score card.

Don't worry, pre-final year candidates are also eligible to appear in GATE exam..
All the best..
23rd September 2011, 12:44 PM
meeeanki
Member+

dear friend

yeah as you are a 3rd year ece student so, you are eligible for gate exam because gate score card two years valid

to gate more information and form fill up plz visit the bellow website

have a good day
23rd September 2011, 01:20 PM
Bishwajit Giri
Senior Member+++++

The Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is an all-India examination administered and conducted in eight zones such that One Indian Institute of Science(IISc),Bangalore and the Seven IITs(Bombay,Kharagpur,Kanpur,Guahati,Roorkee,Madra s,Delhi)

The most important news in GATE-2012 is that Pre-final year student ca not appear in GATE 2012 exam.

According to the Eligibility of the GATE:

1:You should have a Bachelor's degree holder in Engineering or Technology or Architecture or Pharmacy of 4 years after 10+2.

2:You can also apply if you are in the final year examination of the Bachelor Degree.
or
3:You have to be a Master degree holders in any branch of Science like Physics,Chemistry, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Applications etc....

4:You can also apply if you are in the final year examination of the Master Degree.

In this year 2012,the GATE 2012 is organized by Indian Institute of Technology,Delhi

In GATE-2011 you can apply in two way Online & Offline

Date of Online Examination:29-01-2012 (Sunday)

Date of Offline Examination: 12-02-2012 (Sunday)

Some Important Tips:

1:According to me,maintain a time table to allow yourself to devote minimum 6-8hrs per day for the GATE.

2:Then try to collect the base or main material of any subject.

3:.Study the Syllabus

4:Try to solve the Previous questions papers

5:Try to Solve more and more problems,

6:Try to discover more and more new own tricks by which you can easily solve any problem in a less time .

7:You can go for self tests.

for any tips click on :[COLOR="Navy"]http://www.onestopgate.com/gate-prep...ps-n-trics.asp[/COLOR

for more visit:http://www.iitk.ac.in/gate/gate2012/
23rd September 2011, 01:24 PM
Ranchod111

Unhappy Re: Am I eligible for GATE exam while in 3rd year ECE stream?

Dear ,
sorry but as per the new rules you can not appear in the GATE exam this year you mus t be in final year of engg for GATE exam
23rd September 2011, 07:32 PM
avinash kr.
Banned

Quote:
pls reply dis qstn?
Am i eligible for the GATE Examination. ?

According to eligibility criteria for the GATE-2012 examination the pre-final year candidates are not eligible for the GATE-2012 examination. You can appear in the GATE-2012 examination in the final year of B.Tech course or after completing the B.Tech course.

There are some change in the GATE-2012 examination. You can see this on the official website of GATE. Please CLICK HERE..!! for more details.

NOTE :- According to notification of the GATE-2012 the pre-final year candidates are not eligible for the GATE examination.

So, if you are a 3rd year ECE branch candidates then you are not eligible for the GATE exam. You will be eligible in the final year of B.Tech. For any more information regarding GATE examination please visit the official website of GATE. :- http://www.iitk.ac.in/gate/gate2012/
23rd September 2011, 07:49 PM
priyo06
Senior Member+++

dear friend,

Yes my friend you are very much eligible for GATE.All final year and pre-final year students are eligible for GATE.There is no age limit for GATE. Basically any graduate candidate can apply for GATE.

all the best.
24th September 2011, 09:44 PM
BITAN GHOSH
Senior Member+

Dear friend,
Till the last GAE exam i.e. GATE 2011 it was allowed for the pre-final year students to sit in the exam.
But from GATE 2012 it is a mandatory rule that only pass out students and the final year students are allowed to appear in the exam.
For more details follow the website:-
So, you are not able to appear in the next GATE exam.
All the very best.
Thank you....
24th September 2011, 11:34 PM
gupta.sonali

Dear student,
ofcourse you are eligible for gate exam in 3rd year. this score will b valid upto 2 years.so after your b.tech.you can easily join m.tech.with a good institute. it will be held in feb so ucan easily give this..
good luck.
25th September 2011, 12:51 AM
ashok880
Senior Member++++

For GATE-2012 entrance exam,only completed B.Tech course/in final year students are eligible for the exam.

GATE score will be valid for 2 years.

See this attachment for exam schedule of GATE-2012:
Attached Files
File Type: pdf GATE-2012 EXAM SCHEDULE.pdf(85.2 KB, 57 views)
25th September 2011, 12:43 PM
peterpan10
Senior Member+

I'm very sorry to tell you that you are not allowed for this GATE EXAMINATION 2012.

Upto 2011 it was ok but from this year their new rule is

PRE FINAL YEAR STUDENTS ARE NOT ALLOWED.

So,do not worry about it please do what you can do from right now.
You can start practice for GATE examination.For this I'm suggesting you to follow these books :

1.G.K.Publisher's book for gate.

Gate forum study material are also very helpfull.You can collect from your friend or you can buy it from GATEFORUM BRANCH.
Frankly I will suggest you to take admission to the GATE FORUM and appear their online examinations.This will help you a lot.
31st October 2011, 03:06 PM
vinay21feb
Senior Member+++

my friend,
you are interested to want to do M.E. is very nice for you.
for it,GATE is necessary to qualify.
the application form on website is available upto 17 october and form must be received to corresponding zone 24 october.
form is available on site: iib.gate.com
31st January 2012, 02:40 PM
Rapchik007

no. you are not eligiable for the GATE 2012.

AS The pre-final year candidates are not eligible for the GATE-2012 examination.

in the last year also pre-final year candidates were eligiable for the GATE exam.

but this year GATE committee has decided that pre-final year candidates are not eligible for the GATE-2012 examination.

this year GATE is conducted by IIT-Delhi.

there is no age limit for the GATE exam. so you can can try for gate exam next year and then after also.

for more information check-http://gate.iitd.ac.in/GATE/
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?