21st September 2017, 01:59 PM
anuj123l

Am I eligible to get admission in IIT after completion of 10th from UP board and 12th in regular board?

Am I eligible to get admission in IIT after completion of 10th from UP board and 12th in the regular board? What are the criteria they will look for? Can someone please provide me the information on this soon as possible? Awaiting for the response.

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to take admission in I.I.T after completion of diploma course?
  2. Is it possible to appear for 10th exam under UP or Bihar state board after passing out 10th from CBSE board? -- [New]
  3. Can I take the admission in IIT after diploma? What is the eligibility criteria followed for the same?
  4. Whether a D.Ed candidate is eligible to do 10th again from PSEB in Punjabi additional subject?
  5. Minimum percentage required in 10th and 12th class for selection in IIT?
  6. Is it good take admission in different board after completion of 10th or to be in the same board? -- [Most Discussed]
  7. Is it possible to get admission in 11th from regular school after passing 10th from open school?
  8. Am I eligible to get admission in IIT after completion of diploma in civil engineering?
  9. Is it possible for me to get lateral entry in IIT after completion of diploma course in information technology?
  10. Am I eligible to apply for IIT after completion of diploma course?
  11. Process of getting admission in IITs after completing diploma?
  12. Which board to choose after completion of 10th from ICS board?
  13. Am I eligible to get admission in any Government college after completing class 10th from NIOS board?
  14. Can I get admission to study Diploma in Aeronautical Engineering if secured 80% in 10th Board exam?
  15. Will I be able to get admission in any Regular mode schools after completing 10th NIOS?
  16. Minimum percentage required in 12th to get admission in IIT?
  17. Am I eligible to get admission for doing MBBS in abroad after completion of 12th from UP board?
  18. Possibility to do 12th with CBSE Board after completion of 11th from State Board? Benefits of studying with CBSE Board?
22nd September 2017, 04:53 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to get admission in IIT after completion of 10th from UP board and 12th in regular board?

Yes, you are eligible to get admission in IIT. To get admission in IIT you have to appear and qualify in JEE.

The examination is conducted in two stages as Main and Advanced stage.

The required minimum eligibility to appear in examination is :-

Candidate must have passed 12th from a recognised board.

Candidate must have scored minimum 45% in PCM.

The maximum age limit to appear in examination is 25 years.

So, you can appear in examination. Candidates can appear in Main examination thrice ( first stage while appearing for board examination ) while only two attempts for Advanced stage.

For more information about examination visit at www.jeemain.nic.in. So, if you will qualify in both stages then will be eligible to get admission in IIT.
22nd September 2017, 08:33 PM
sampathkumar29
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to get admission in IIT after completion of 10th from UP board and 12th in regular board?

Yes, you are eligible for getting admission in IIT college. To get admission in IIT you need to attend for the entrance exam named JEE. There will 2 stages of JEE i.e., advance and mains. You need to clear both the rounds in merit so that you can get admission in IIT. The full details about eligibility requirements for applying JEE exam are mentioned below.

Eligibility criteria:
- The candidate should have completed 10+2 or equivalent education in PCM subjects from any recognised board.
- The candidates age should not be more than 24 years. There is age relaxation for the reservation candidates based on government rules.
- There are 3 attempts for clearing the exam.
- You need to provide Aadhar card while applying for the exam.
- You can apply for the exam through online or offline.
22nd September 2017, 09:54 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Yes, candidates passed or appearing for 12th from a recognised board are eligible to appear in JEE ( Joint Entrance Examination ).

The Joint Entrance Examination is conducted in two stages as Main and Advanced. The examination is conducted for admission in government and private colleges in B.Tech or B.E courses.

The eligibility to appear in Main examination is candidate must have passed 12th with minimum 45% in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.

There is upper age limit to appear in examination of 25 years.

Candidates who qualifies in Main examination will be eligible to appear for Advanced examination if aggregate in 12th board examination is among top 20 percentile.

For other details regarding Main examination visit at www.jeemain.nic.in.
22nd September 2017, 11:41 PM
Sharine*

There is no direct admission on the basis of 12 class in IITs. There is exams conducted by CBSE on the basis of that entrance exam admission is possible.
The exam conducted by cbse is jee mains. This exam is conducted every year by cbse. The eligibility criteria for entrance exam is that you should pass 12 with 50% from respective board in non medical stream and age should be more than 17 years. if you pass or clear this exam, then you are eligible for next exam jee advanced. if you clear jee advance then you are eligible for taking admission according to your rank. The passing marks for both exams depends upon the cut off marks of paper.
23rd September 2017, 08:34 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

For admission IIT you need to qualify JEE ( Joint Entrance Examination ) which is conducted by CBSE once every year for admission in undergraduate technical degree course in GFTIs ( Government Funded Technical Institutes ) as well as other private engineering colleges.

The same examination is held in two stages which includes JEE Main followed by JEE Advanced.

Further for appearing in JEE for admission in IITs or GFTIs you are required to have passed your Class 12th with PCM group with at least 75% marks ( or 65% marks in case of SC/ST and PH category candidates ) from a recognized board of education. Students failing to secure above mentioned percentage of marks but managing to lie among the top 20 percentile candidates of their respective board are also eligible.

Also your age need to lie under 25 years by the 31st December of that year in which you are appearing in the same examination. Age relaxation of 5 years is allowed for reserved category candidates.

As far as you are concerned about your eligibility for admission in IIT having completed your Class 12th from a regular board ( or different board ) after completing your Class 10th from UP board then I would like to let you know that you are eligible unless your board of education ( regular or open ) of Class 12th is not a recognized for IIT admissions.

For more details regarding JEE you can visit its official website which is www.jeemain.nic.in.
23rd September 2017, 08:38 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you will get admission in Indian Institute of Technology but only after qualifying in Joint Entrance Examination.

Joint Entrance Examination is conducted in two stages :-

Main -- 12th passed or appearing from a recognised board with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as main paper. Only three attempts ( first while appearing for board examination ).

Advanced -- After qualifying in Main and aggregate in board examination is among the top 20 percentile. Only two attempts.

So, you are eligible to appear in examination if you have passed 12th with regular UP board.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?