10th August 2017, 09:39 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to get admission in MA English through IGNOU after completion of BA?

Am I eligible to get admission in MA English through IGNOU with my BA subjects ( General English, Psychology, Education and sociology) but without English Literature? Can someone please give me the details on this soon? Awaiting for the response.

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to do Ph.D from IGNOU after completion of MA English with 50% from IGNOU?
  2. Am I eligible to apply for M.Com in IGNOU after completion of B.Com with 50 percentage through correspondence from Delhi University?
  3. Am I eligible to do Ph.D course after completion of MA English with 50% marks from IGNOU?
  4. Am I eligible to do Ph.D after completion of MA English with 50% marks from IGNOU?
  5. Am I eligible to do Ph.D after completion of MA English with 50% from IGNOU?
  6. Am I eligible to apply for Ph.D in English after completion of masters in IGNOU?
  7. How to do M.A English from IGNOU? Am I eligible for admission in M.A English? -- [Most Discussed]
  8. Eligibility to study M.Phil in IGNOU for a candidate with 63% in M.A.(English)? When the admission starts? Process of selection?
  9. Am I eligible to do Ph.D in English after completion of MA with 48 percentage marks and doing B.Ed?
  10. Am I eligible for admission in MA English if I am a B.Tech Holder from Calicut University? I want to do M.A English from IGNOU
  11. Am I eligible to do PhD in English after completion of MA English with 53% marks?
  12. Am I eligible to get admission for LLB after completion of graduation from IGNOU?
  13. Eligibility criteria and admission procedure for distance MA in English from IGNOU?
  14. Am I eligible to apply for M.Phil or Ph.D after completion of MA English language? -- [New]
  15. Eligibility to do PhD in Pune University for English postgraduate with 55% of IGNOU?
  16. Am I eligible to take admission in Rabindra Bharati University after completion of diploma course in computer science?
  17. Am I eligible to apply for government job after completion completion of BA graduation from IGNOU?
  18. Am I eligible to do Ph.D after completion of PG diploma from IGNOU?
12th August 2017, 10:00 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to get admission in MA English through IGNOU after completion of BA?

1. You can get admission in Master of Arts in English in Indira Gandhi National Open unversity after Bachelor of Arts without English Literature.

2. The last date to apply for July term admission in 2017 for Master's degree is 18th August,2017. The eligibility criteria is bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university of India.
13th August 2017, 12:41 PM
yogeshsharma3047
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Am I eligible to get admission in MA English through IGNOU after completion of BA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Am I eligible to get admission in MA English through IGNOU with my BA subjects ( General English, Psychology, Education and sociology) but without English Literature? Can someone please give me the details on this soon? Awaiting for the response.

Yes, you are eligible to apply for admission in M.A English (Master of Arts in English) in IGNOU(Indira Gandhi national Open University) after completing your graduation degree. Here below are details regarding M.A English in IGNOU:-

Educational Qualification Required:- Applicant must have completed graduation or equivalent degree with English as main subject can apply for the M.A English course.

Course Duration:- Duration of M.A English course is minimum 2 years and maximum 5 years.

M.A English Course Fee in IGNOU:- Applicant have to pay fee in two terms for two years for term I Fee is RS:- 4,500/- and Fee for term II is :- RS:- 4,500/-. So fee for M.A English whole course in IGNOU is RS:- 9,000/-.

Syllabus for M.A English in IGNOU University:-

Subjects to be Studied in First Year:-

>> British Poetry.

>> British Drama.

>> Aspects of Language.

>> British Novel.

Subjects to be Studied in Second Year:-

>> Indian Literature bin English Translation.

>> Survey Course in 20th Century Canadian Literature.

>> Indian English Literature.

>> New Literature in English.

>> English Studies in India.

>> Literary Criticism and Theory.

For more details please visit www.ignou.ac.in.
13th August 2017, 02:04 PM
Abhijeet_2016
Senior Member+

Yes you are eligible for the MA English from IGNOU after you complete your BA with no back logs.
To apply online kindly click here, where you need to register yourself by filling essential details.
Payment of the application can also be made online through net banking or visa cards.
13th August 2017, 06:37 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are able to get admission in Master of Arts after completion of Bachelor of Arts without studying English literature at Indira Gandhi National Open University. IGNOU is UGC and DEC approved distance learning institute for pursuing certificate, diploma, bachelor's degree and master's degree.

The academic qualification required for pursuing Master of Arts from IGNOU is that candidate must have done bachelor's degree from a recognized university. At present, registration is going on for 2017 session admission in Master's degree. For online admission, Click Here .
8th July 2018, 11:03 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to get admission MA English in ignou?My educational pattern is 10 3 2. I have passed MA,BA from Dakshina Bharath Hindi Prachar Sabha Madras.
11th May 2019, 09:14 PM
Unregistered

How much should I score in BA(General) to get admission in IGNOU for MA in English......
12th August 2019, 05:57 PM
Unregistered

I have passed ma english from rbu but now I want to do the same course from ignou, if possible please response.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?