30th October 2016, 06:20 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to apply for Ph.D in English after completion of masters in IGNOU?

Am I eligible to apply for Ph.D in English after completion of masters in IGNOU? Can you please give me the information on the same? It will be helpful if you can provide me the answer soon as possible. Awaiting for the response on the same.

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to do Ph.D after completion of MA English with 50% marks from IGNOU?
  2. Eligibility to do PhD in Pune University for English postgraduate with 55% of IGNOU?
  3. Am I eligible to apply for PhD literature program after completion of masters in English with 50 percentage marks? -- [New]
  4. Am I eligible to do Ph.D course after completion of MA English with 50% marks from IGNOU?
  5. Information about pursuing PhD English from IGNOU?
  6. Am I eligible to get admission for Ph.D in English after completion of masters in English with 51% marks?
  7. Am I eligible for doing Ph.D in English literature in India after completion of masters course in Australia?
  8. Am I eligible to do Ph.D in English after completion of MA with 48 percentage marks and doing B.Ed?
  9. Am I eligible to do masters in abroad after completion of my under graduation program?
  10. Am I eligible to do masters in Hindi from IGNOU after completion of B.Com with 45% marks from Delhi University?
  11. Is Ph.D from IGNOU considered by UGC and other universities for job?
  12. Am I eligible to do masters in Geography after completion of English Honours?
  13. Am I eligible to do Ph.D from IGNOU after completion of MA English with 50% from IGNOU?
  14. Eligibility for PhD course in English Literature through online mode?
  15. Can I do PhD after BA with hindi and MA with English? -- [Most Discussed]
  16. Can I hold a masters degree in commerce and English simultaneously after completion of my B.Com? Will I be eligible for NET exam then?
  17. Am I eligible to do Ph.D after completion of masters in Physiotherapy?
  18. Am I eligible to apply for Ph.D course after completion of BAMS course?
30th October 2016, 09:57 PM
rachna sarswat
Senior Member+

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for Ph.D in English after completion of masters in IGNOU?

IGNOU which is stands for INDIRA GANDHI NATIONAL OPEN UNIVERSITY is a very well recognized university of India. So if you have completed your master degree from IGNOU with minimum of 55% marks then you are eligible for PhD course. You can apply for UGC NET exam which is conducted by CBSE or you can also give the entrance exam of the university in which you want to take admission. Thanks
30th October 2016, 11:08 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for Ph.D in English after completion of masters in IGNOU?

Yes, definitely you are eligible for Ph.D after the completion of Masters degree from IGNOU as IGNOU is an approved Institute, so there will be no problem for further higher studies.
Candidates completing their Masters degree from a recognised University with a minimum of 55% of marks in it are eligible to opt for the Ph.D course
31st October 2016, 05:29 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Am I eligible to apply for Ph.D in English after completion of masters in IGNOU? Can you please give me the information on the same? It will be helpful if you can provide me the answer soon as possible. Awaiting for the response on the same.
After completion of masters degree from IGNOU, you can apply for Ph.D course because, IGNOU is a recognized University.

But your masters degree marks should be above 55% from a recognized University.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?