21st July 2012, 01:40 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to get admission to university degree after passing as 3 years diploma holder?

I am 3 year diploma holder am I eligible to get admission to university degree?

4th October 2012, 08:29 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to get admission to university degree after passing as 3 years diploma holder?

It really depends on what type of diploma course you have completed. You didn't mentioned the name of the course and neither mentioned whether you completed diploma after 10th or 12th standard.

It is possible to take admission for degree course from a university after completing diploma course. However you can only apply for Bachelor degree that too should be relevant to your course.

For example if you have completed diploma in Engineering then you are certainly eligible for admission in B.Tech. You will be given admission into second year of B.Tech course making it a 3 year degree for you.

It is quite common to seek admission in B.Tech college after completing diploma in Engineering. Most of the candidates do that. However the process of admission is not similar as to the ones who have completed 12th.

The diploma in Engineering degree holder can not apply for various Engineering entrance exams like:

AIEEE

IIT-JEE

ISEET

These exams are only for candidates who have completed 12th with PCM as the subjects. You can seek direct admission into Engineering colleges on the basis of merit. Usually several colleges give admission to the candidates who have scored 60 percent marks in diploma course.

But in the case of other universities, they only select candidates on the basis of entrance exam. The name of the exam is LEET. Therefore you should consider appearing for LEET exam as well. There are college that also conduct their own entrance exam.
4th October 2012, 10:58 AM
samratguha

Default Re: Am I eligible to get admission to university degree after passing as 3 years diploma holder?

Hi Friend,
Yes absolutely, you are eligible for the admission because when I was actually persuing my B.tech Ive seen many guys joining our college for engineering in second year after completing their diploma in engineering.So it really possible for you to get chance in good colleges for the university degree.
4th October 2012, 01:12 PM
ankima
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am 3 year diploma holder am I eligible to get admission to university degree?
Dear,

Yes, you can take admission in university degree after 3 year diploma through lateral entry. But for that you need to have at least 60% in your diploma. You can take lateral entry after qualifying any one of the following exams:
  1. LEET
  2. IIT-JEE
  3. GATE

LEET:
LEET stands for lateral entry entrance test. This test is taken by diploma holders to take admission in direct second year of engineering.
These tests are conducted on state level. But some colleges and Universities too conduct Lateral Entry Tests. You will get direct admission to 2nd year of B.Tech if you clear the exam.
Most reputed Engineering Colleges offering LEET admission are:
  1. Punjab University,Chandigarh.
  2. Delhi Engineering College,Delhi.
  3. IP University,Delhi.
  4. Punjabi University,Patiala.
  5. Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology,Patiala.
  6. KIITS University,Orissa.
  7. Government College of Engineering,Pune.
  8. Punjab Technical University,Jalandhar.
  9. Sant Longoval Institute of Engineering and Technology,Sangrur.
  10. Guru Nanak Dev Engineering College,Ludhiana.
  11. Guru Teg Bahadur Institute of Technology,Malout.
  12. Amity School of Engineering and Technology,Delhi.

IIT-JEE:
If you have not wasted your two attempts for this exam and your age is not more than 25 years you can write IITJEE for taking lateral entry in IITs.

GATE:
You can also write GATE for taking lateral entry in IITs and other reputed engineering institutes.

BEST OF LUCK!
24th October 2015, 03:52 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my 3 year diploma in chemical engineering from Kashipur . Uttarakhand . India .....
Which course in canda will be gud for me?
And any bachelor degree available???
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?