19th November 2017, 08:20 PM
gopalbrahma

Am I eligible to get age relaxation for IAS exam if I am physically challenged and 33 years of age?

Sir/Mam, I am 34 years old belong to the general candidate. At the age of 33, I acquired a disability certificate with 45%. I want to take IAS exam. Will I get age relaxation or not? I doubt myself that as I have got disability after eligible age I will not. So kindly, explain me in details.

20th November 2017, 06:41 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to get age relaxation for IAS exam if I am physically challenged and 33 years of age?

The full form of IAS is Indian Administrative Services.

Union Public Service Commission is examination conducting body for IAS, IPS, IRS etc. The qualification required for exam is:

1. You must have done bachelor's degree. Final year graduation candidates can also apply for the examination.

2. The age limit for general category candidate is 21-32 years.

For physically handicapped candidate, the upper age limit is 42 years. You can apply for exam at age of 33 years.
20th November 2017, 08:37 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to get age relaxation for IAS exam if I am physically challenged and 33 years of age?

Yes, you are eligible to get age relaxation for appearing in IAS examination if you are physically disabled 34 years age general category candidate. The upper age limit for general category candidates to apply for IAS examination is 32 years. Upper age relaxation of 10 years is applicable to Physically handicapped candidates to apply for IAS examination. So, you are eligible to apply for IAS examination until you attain the age of 42 years. You should have passed Bachelor's degree course in any discipline from a recognised university to be eligible to apply for IAS examination.
20th November 2017, 09:27 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to appear in Civil Service examination conducted by UPSC.

The upper age limit for Physical Handicapped is 42 years to appear for general category candidate.

The examination is conducted in three stages and candidates after qualifying in all stages will become eligible for recruitment as an officer.

You are not eligible for recruitment in all the service ( eg --I.P.S).

To get detail information about examination pattern and syllabus visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
20th November 2017, 09:41 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Yes, defined you are eligible to get age relaxation of 10 years to apply for IAS examination being a general category handicapped candidate. Eligibility criteria required to apply for IAS examination is mentioned below :-

--> You should be a citizen of India.

--> You should have passed Bachelor's degree course in any discipline from a Government recognised university.

--> You should be within the age range of 21 to 32 years. Upper age relaxation is applicable to reserved category as per government norms as mentioned below :-
=> OBC - 3 Years
=> SC/ ST - 5 Years
=> PH/ PWD - 10 Years

The upper age limit for general category candidates to apply for IAS examination is 32 years and it is 42 years for candidates who are physically handicapped general category candidates.
20th November 2017, 10:37 PM
yogeshsharma3047
Senior Member+++

Yes, you are eligible to apply for IAS (Indian Administrative Services) exam, because to apply for IAS age limit to apply is 21 to 32 years, Relaxation of 10 years for physically challenged persons. As you are in physically disable candidate, then you will get 10 years of relaxation in age limit , so you can apply till 42 years. Here below are details regarding IAS exam:-

- IAS exam is conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) every year to recruit eligible candidates for Indian civil services.

- To apply for IAS exam applicant must be Indian citizen.

- M9inimum qualification required to apply for IAS exam is bachelor degree from government recognized institute.

- Age limit to apply for 21 to 32 years, Relaxation of 5 years in age limit for SC/ST category candidates, Relaxation of 5 years for OBC category candidates, Relaxation of 10 years for physically challenged candidates.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?