7th February 2017, 05:16 PM
Unregistered

Is B.Sc nursing degree valid for IAS exam?

Sir, I have passed in-service post basic B.Sc nursing from IGNOU. Can I apply for IAS? A post basic B.Sc for IGNOU is eligible for IAS exam? Please help me?

7th February 2017, 07:24 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is B.Sc nursing degree valid for IAS exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir, I have passed in-service post basic B.Sc nursing from IGNOU. Can I apply for IAS? A post basic B.Sc for IGNOU is eligible for IAS exam? Please help me?

Yes, B.Sc Nursing Degree valid for Indian Administrative Service (IAS) examination. The Civil Services Examinations (IAS, IPS etc) are conducted by the UPSC. The examinations are held once every year. It consists of Preliminary Examination, Main Examination and Interview. The candidates after completion of B.Sc Nursing can apply to the civil service examination. The upper age limit to appear for the civil service examinations will be 32 years for general candidates, 35 years for OBC candidates and 37 years for SC/ST candidates. One can apply online for the civil service examination. They have to appear for preliminary examination first and should clear the examination to qualify for the main examination.
7th February 2017, 10:00 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Yes, B.Sc nursing degree is valid for IAS exam. Any graduate can apply for IAS exam.

UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) conducts civil services exam to make recruitment in the posts like IAS,IPS,IFS,IRS.

The eligibility criteria to appear in the Civil Services exam are as under :-

-The candidate must be an Indian .

-The candidate must have passed graduation degree in any stream from a recognized university.

-The candidate who are in the final year of their degree can also appear for Preliminary exam .

-The candidate age limit to apply for the exam is from 21 years to 32 years . The upper age limit is relaxed for OBC candidate by 3 years and 5 years for SC/ST candidates .

The selection process involves of

* Preliminary Exam

* Main exam

* Personality Interview.
7th February 2017, 10:50 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to apply for IAS Examination after successful completion of B.Sc Nursing from IGNOU. As IGNOU is a recognized university, course that is pursued from IGNOU is also a recognized course. As it is a recognized course, I am very sure that you are certainly eligible to apply for IAS examination. The basic qualification required for IAS recruitment examination is 'Graduation' pass or Bachelor Degree in any discipline.
8th February 2017, 12:00 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
You have completed B.Sc in Nursing from IGNOU, so you are eligible for IAS exam.

Those candidates who have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university are eligible for IAS exam.

Your age should be in between 21 years to 32 years for general candidates. Age relaxation is given below -

5 years relaxation for SC/ST candidates
3 years relaxation for OBC Candidates
10 years relaxation for PHC candidates
5 years relaxation for Ex-serviceman

Number of Attempts:-

For open category:- 7 attempts
For OBC category:- 9 attempts
For SC/ST category:- No limit
14th July 2017, 04:53 PM
rochithirkane
Member+

Quote:
Yes,you are eligible to apply for UPSC IAS Exam.
You can also appear for the following exams:-

1. Staff Selection Commission Exam
2. Railway Exam
3. State Public Service Commission
4. Assistant Central Intelligence Officer
29th July 2017, 01:42 AM
Solo13
Senior Member+

Yes, you are eligible for IAS exam.
Upsc conducts entrance exam for IAS.
Eligibility criteria for IAS-

A candidate must be graduated with any discipline from a recognised university.

A candidate must be an Indian citizen .

A candidate must have minimum 21 years of age and maximum 30 years of age.
5th April 2018, 10:55 PM
Unregistered

Sir am a post Bsc nursing student and my result of 2nd year is pending until because I have Re in one subject, so please tell me that can I apply for SSC form
20th August 2018, 06:25 PM
Unregistered

Sir l am Shashikala I have pass through the post basic B sc nursing I can apply to IAS exam sir please tell me sir Thank you sir
12th September 2018, 03:20 PM
Meg24

Hello, yes you are eligible to appear in the UPSC civil service examination because the official website of UPSC notifies that any citizen of INDIA above the age of 21 having a degree from any recognized university[/U] is eligible for the UPSC exam.

So yes B.Sc nursing is valid for the UPSC _IAS exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?