4th December 2017, 08:19 AM
shoaib gujjar

Am I eligible to give Mate exam in Merchant Navy after completion of 12th commerce?

I have done 12 commerce and now I am pursuing GP RATING in Chennai will I able to 2 mate exam in merchant navy. In India or another country? Can you please reply me back with the required details? Awaiting to get the response soon. Thanks!

5th December 2017, 05:31 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to give Mate exam in Merchant Navy after completion of 12th commerce?

No, you are not eligible to join Merchant Navy after 12th with commerce stream. To join Merchant Navy, candidate must have passed 12th with physics, chemistry and mathematics as Main paper. Candidate must be physically and mentally fit. Candidate have to appear and qualify in written, interview and medical test before final selection. So being a Commerce student you are not eligible to join Merchant Navy.
5th December 2017, 05:40 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to give Mate exam in Merchant Navy after completion of 12th commerce?

You cannot join the engineering or navigation department in Merchant Navy since you have a Commerce background. To join Merchant Navy, one should do 12th or equivalent examination with physics, chemistry and mathematics. However you have an option to join as pursuer.

A pursuer is responsible for handling the general administration including the money on board.
5th December 2017, 06:40 PM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

You are not eligible for Merchant Navy after passing 12th with commerce stream.

For Merchant Navy you have to pass 12th with physics, chemistry and maths.

You have other option like:-

National Defence Academy

Indian Railways

Bank Clerk

If you want you can go for higher studies like:-

B.Com

BBA

BCA

Hotel Management etc.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?