27th July 2012, 10:22 PM
vishakh krishnaswamy

Am I eligible for IAS exam after passing 10th with 51% and 12th with 45%

I got in 10th 51% and in 12th% 45 % and im nw in sybcom am i eligible
for ias exams?

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible for IPS and IAS exam after scoring 54% in 10th, 47% in 12th?
  2. Can I go for IAS coaching after passing 10th, 12th and engineering with 62%, 59.8% and 59.2% respectively?
  3. Am I eligible for IAS exam after passing with 56.58% in 12th
  4. Am I eligible for IAS exam after passing with 56.58% in 12th
  5. Am I eligible for upcoming bank clerical exam after passing 10th with 90% and 12th with 52%
  6. Am I eligible for SBI clerical recruitment exam after passing 10th with 74.5% and 12th with 59.8%?
  7. Can I write IAS exam on the basics of 10th and graduation? -- [New]
  8. Can I be eligible for UPSC exam after scoring 54$ in 10th, 63% in 12th and 65% in BCA?
  9. Am I eligible for IAS having scored 66% in 10th, 56% in 12th and 60% in B.Tech course?
  10. Am I eligible to attend the IAS exam after completing 3 years diploma engineering? Can I apply for IAS exam?
  11. Am I eligible for IAS(UPSC) exam after completing diploma in computer science after 10th
  12. How to become an IPS officer after passing 10th exam? What should I do after passing 12th exam?
  13. Am I eligible for WIPRO or other companies after passing 10th with 61%, 12th with 70% and B.Tech with 55% with 2 backlogs?
  14. Am i eligible to appear for AIEEE after passing 10th class and 12th with 66%
  15. List of the companies for which I am eligible after passing 12th with 56% in 12th and 69% in 10th
  16. Required percentage in 10th and 12th to apply for IAS Exam?
  17. Am I eligible for PSU after passing 12th with 64%? I have done B.E with 73%
  18. Passed 10th in 1993, age 35. Eligible to apply for IAS? age limit? -- [Most Discussed]
28th July 2012, 08:53 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for IAS exam after passing 10th with 51% and 12th with 45%

IAS stands for Indian Adminstrative Service is one of the most competitive exams in India. Every year at least 3-4 Lakh candidate appear in the entrance exam for the Indian Adminstrative Service out of which only few hunderds see their dream becoming the reality.

You can see how tough it really is to become Indian Adminstrative Service. In order to become IAS officer, each candidate is required to appear in entrance exam called Civil Service Examination which is conducted every year by the UPSC. Those who crack this particular exam goes on to become IAS officer.

Now in order to appear in the Civil Service Examination, you are required to meet certain criteria. These criteria are related to qualification, age and even physical requirement. Only those who meet these criteria would be allowed to appear in the Civil Service Examination.

Eligibility Criteria for IAS

Nationality:

To become IAS officer you should be Indian National.

Age Limit:

As on August 1 of the examination year, your age should be between 21 to 30 years.

For OBC candidates, the upper age limit is relaxed by 3 years.

The upper age limit for SC/ST candidates is 35 years.

Education Criteria:

You must have bachelor's degree in any stream from a recognised university in India. This is the basic educational requirement to become IAS officer.

Number of Attempts:

There a limit on how many times you can appear in the IAS examination.

General - 4 times
OBC - 7 times
SC/ST - No limit.

Physical Requirements:

Now comes the most important requirement to become IAS officer. There are some physical requirements which you must meet. I would recommend you to check this section out before starting to prepare for the IAS officer.

Height:
For men the minimum acceptable height is 165 cm while for women candidates its 150 cm. There is relaxation of up to 5 cm for candidates belonging to Schedule Tribe, Gorkhas, Garhwalias etc.

Chest:
The minimum chest size for men should be 84cm with 5 cm expansion while women should have at least 79 cm with 5 cm expansion.

Eyesight:
You must not be suffering from myopia more than -4D while hypermetropia more than +4D. It is completely fine to wear eyeglasses.

Exam pattern:

Preliminary examination:
Main examination
After that Interview test.

Preliminary Exam:

The first stage of IAS exam is preliminary exam. It generally takes place in May or June. Preliminary exam consists of 2 papers of 200 marks each. Only if you passed th preliminary exam, you would be eligible to appear for Main examination which takes place in October/November.

Main Exam:

There are total of 9 papers in the Main exam out of which 4 papers are related to 2 subjects choosen by the candidate himself.
28th July 2012, 10:34 AM
roknits
Senior Member+

Default Re: Am I eligible for IAS exam after passing 10th with 51% and 12th with 45%

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishakh krishnaswamy View Post
for ias exams?

yes

you can surely apply for CSAT or civil services exam which is conducted by Union public service commission every year..since there is no such percentage criteria or marks weight age given to X and XII marks hence you are eligible as far as this is concerned. The minimum eligibility required for this are as under for Civil services examinations::

Educational qualification::
#one should be a graduate from a recognized board or university i.e graduation is required so you are eligible only if you satisfy this eligibility criteria.

see if you are Eligible::
~candidates in their final year can apply for CSAT(final year of graduation)

citizenship--
~candidates should purely be citizen of India

age criteria

#Your age should be between 21 to 30 years at the time of written exam.
#There is a relaxation of 3 years for OBC Candidate.
#5 years relaxation is allowed for SC/St candidates

Number of Attempts:

General - 4
OBC - 7
SC/ST - No Limits

selection procedure::

>>Preliminary examination
>>Mains examination
>>personal Interview

for more information visit-------->>http://www.upsc.gov.in

for more see attachments below.............

so, best of luck!!!

with regards
roknits

28th July 2012, 01:41 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

hi,

Eligiblity Criteria For IAS

(i) Age limits :

21-30 years as on 1.7.2012. (Upper age limit relaxable for SCs/STs, OBCs and certain other categories.
(ii) Educational Qualifications :

Bachelor’s degree of a recognised university with at least one of the subjects namely Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physcs, Statistics and Zoology or a Bachelor's degree in Agriculture, Forestry or in Enginerring or an equivalent qualification.
Four (Seven attemps of OBCs and no limit for SCs/STs
Rs. 100/- (Rupees one hundred only)
(No fee for SCs/STs/Physically disabled only
For more-
http://www.upsc.gov.in
28th July 2012, 09:16 PM
Dharm27
Senior Member+++++

hi friend,

you can definetly apply for CSAT or civil
services exam which is conducted by
Union public service commission every
year..

Eligibility:

-A candidate should have completed their graduation degree from any recognise university.

-Age limit should be between 21 to 30 years.
there is a relaxation in upper age for obc category is +3 years and for sc/st category is +5 years.

-Maximum try available for general category is 4 times
for obc 7 time and
for sc/st no limit.

all the best
29th July 2012, 06:09 PM
abthar

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishakh krishnaswamy View Post
for ias exams?
IAS exam which is conducted by upsc to select the suitable IAS,IPS,IFS.

UPSC exam is conducted once in a year

The basic qualification is

1.candidate should possess and graduated from any university which is under UGC recognised.

2.Age limit should be 21-35

The UPSC exam consists of three stages
1.preliminary(objective type)

2.main exam(descriptive type)

3.interview

Hope this information helps you

All the best
3rd June 2014, 04:17 PM
Unregistered

is it ok to obtain 62% in 10th to prepare for IAS?
CAN I TAKE SCIENCE FIELD ON OBTAINING 62% IN 10TH?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?