6th May 2011, 04:11 PM
ngpmwtjm

Am i eligible for IIT and AIEEE exams after completing Polytechnic Diploma?

can i eligible for IIT or AIEEE exams after polytecnic diploma?

Related Questions:
  1. Can I get B.Tech/B.E course after completing polytechnic diploma course via Jexpo? Can I sit for WBJEE,AIEEE or IIT JEE?
  2. Am I eligible to try IIT and other exams after completion of diploma in Mechanical engineering?
  3. Am I eligible for IIT and AIEEE after passing polytechnic?
  4. Can I get admission to study in IIT if secured 72% in Polytechnic Diploma in IT course?
  5. Am I eligible to get Lateral Entry in NIT/IIT after completing Polytechnic Diploma course?
  6. Am I eligible to give ISEET and IIT exams if I have completed diploma course?
  7. Am I eligible to give ISEET and IIT exams if I have completed diploma course?
  8. Am I eligible to apply for IIT after completion of three years diploma course in mechanical engineering? -- [New]
  9. Can I get admission in IIT after completing diploma in polytechnic mechanical
  10. Am I eligible to give IIT and other entrance exams if I have completed diploma course with 60%?
  11. Am I eligible for bank exam after completing polytechnic diploma in mechanical branch
  12. Can I study B.Tech in IIT after completing Diploma course? Course duration of B.Tech in IIT for Diploma student?
  13. Can I get admission in IIT college after completing diploma in mechanical? I am studying diploma in governmet polytechnic Karad -- [Most Discussed]
  14. Are diploma holders eligible for IIT exam?
  15. Eligibility for taking Aeronautics after 12th?
  16. Can I get admission in IIT college after completing diploma in electrical? I am studying diploma in government polytechnic
  17. Am I eligible to apply for AIEEE after passing Polytechnic 3 years diploma?
  18. Are polytechnic diploma students eligible for ISEET entrance exam for AIEEE
6th May 2011, 08:47 PM
amit007lnct

Thumbs up Re: Am i eligible for IIT and AIEEE exams after completing Polytechnic Diploma?

dear if you have completed your h.s. c. (12th) then u are elgible.

but if you took admission on the 10th basis in diploma . then you will not be eligible for iit & aieee exam.

you can get admission directly in 2nd year of B.E. & B. Tech. by appearing in lateral entry test conducted by various state govt. & universities.
6th May 2011, 09:15 PM
vike
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am i eligible for IIT and AIEEE exams after completing Polytechnic Diploma?

Dear Friend

Surely you are eligible for these entrance exams if you fulfill the other criteria.

Diploma is considered as equivalent to 12th so there is no doubt that your

educational qualification is right for the exam.

IITJEE
First of all you should have scored at least 60% in diploma.
If you have completed diploma this year i.e. 2011
then you were eligible to appear IITJEE-2011 and IITJEE-2012.
i.e. only two attempts are allowed for IITJEE; one the year in which
you complete diploma and the other is just next year's IIT-JEE.

AIEEE
For this entrance exam you should have scored 50% marks in diploma.
The no. of permissible attempts is 3.
The way of counting the available attempts follows the same trend
as in IIT-JEE.
7th May 2011, 01:08 AM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am i eligible for IIT and AIEEE exams after completing Polytechnic Diploma?

yea you are eligible for IIT JEE and AIEEE examination after completion of polytechnic diploma.

diploma is study equivalent to 12th actually 10+3 whereas 12th is 10+2. so you will be eligible for IIT JEE and AIEEE examination.

after polytechnic you will be also eligible for lateral entry examination. through this examination you will be eligible to take admission directly in second year of engineering.
but IIT does not have any lateral entry scheme. so to take admission in IIT you have to appear in IIT JEE examination and through this examination you will be admitted in first year of engineering.

best wishes.
7th May 2011, 01:55 AM
rohitkumarramesh
Senior Member++++

Diploma is considered as equivalent to that of 12 class.

Hence you are eligible for both IIT and AIEEE.

For AIEEE eligibility criteria is:

A minimum of 50% marks at 10+2 level/in Diploma.

For IIT:

A minimum of 60% at 10+2 level/ in diploma.

Number of permissible attempts for IIT is only two consecutive attempts.
23rd May 2011, 08:45 PM
Unregistered

I COMPLETED POLYTECHNIC DIPLOMA IN COMPUTER ENGG. PLEASE TELL ME CAN I ABLE TO TAKE ADMISSION IN B.SC IN IT .AND IT'S DURATION
30th May 2011, 07:50 PM
Ankur agrawal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngpmwtjm View Post
Hiii,

Ya you are egilible for that exam..
5th June 2011, 05:01 PM
Unregistered

direct admission rule in 2nd year aieee
8th June 2011, 02:55 PM
Unregistered

I have completed diploma in polytech on 10th basis so do i need to appear again for 12th to sit in the exam of IIT or AIEEE or I can sit sirectly for these exams????
10th June 2011, 07:10 PM
Unregistered

sir, my name is ganesh rathore in 10 class 54.84% in 12 class 49.6% with grace in mathmatics how can i eligle for aieee
13th June 2011, 07:04 PM
Unregistered

sir i have done Polytechnic in E &C in bangalore.I want to go for lateral entry entrance test for a good college in bangalore.Can you tell me which is the good college offering lateral entry exam for polytechnic in bangalore.
16th June 2011, 02:52 PM
Unregistered

sir my polytechnic diploma has compete in computer science & engineering branch plz give me sugges..
my id is [email protected] and my mob. no is 9098237269...
17th June 2011, 07:18 PM
kartavya99

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngpmwtjm View Post
no beacuase iit has only two attempts.
2nd July 2011, 09:27 PM
Unregistered

what studies i have after polytechnic Diploma in textile tech.
20th August 2011, 01:22 AM
Unregistered

Sir, i am diploma holder please help me at next carrier cource
14th November 2011, 02:01 PM
dimple.simple
Senior Member++

helo friend

if you have completed your h.s. c. (12th) then u are eligible.

but if you took admission on the 10th basis in diploma . then you will not be eligible for iit & aieee exam.

you can get admission directly in 2nd year of B.E. & B. Tech. by appearing in lateral entry test conducted by various state govt. & universities
14th March 2012, 06:12 PM
kaveribiswas

Surely you are eligible for these entrance exams if you fulfill the other criteria.

Diploma is considered as equivalent to 12th so there is no doubt that your

educational qualification is right for the exam.

IITJEE
First of all you should have scored at least 60% in diploma.
If you have completed diploma this year i.e. 2011
then you were eligible to appear IITJEE-2011 and IITJEE-2012.
i.e. only two attempts are allowed for IITJEE; one the year in which
you complete diploma and the other is just next year's IIT-JEE.

AIEEE
For this entrance exam you should have scored 50% marks in diploma.
The no. of permissible attempts is 3.

Good luck............
14th March 2012, 11:59 PM
ramandeep.2dec

Yes, you are eligible for IIT exam , if you have 60% marks in aggregate in your diploma . Diploma is treated as 12th , may be here you get admission in 1st year as there is no lateral entry procedure for diploma holders.
15th March 2012, 11:40 AM
masuka123

yes

you can join after completing your Industrial Training Institute (ITI)

eligibility for the polytechnic diploma course

you should have 10th with atleast 40% marks /12th Class.

Duration
3 years Full Time for 10th Pass students
2 years for 12th pass students.

list of branches of poytehnic course

1. Diploma in Civil Engineering (Polytechnic in Civil).

2. Diploma in Mechanical Engineering (Polytechnic in Mechanical).

3. Diploma in Electrical Engineering (Polytechnic in Electrical).

4. Diploma in IT Engineering (Polytechnic in IT).

5. Diploma in ETC Engineering (Polytechnic in ETC).

6. Diploma in Computer Science(CS) Engineering (Polytechnic in CS
).
19th May 2012, 02:07 PM
Unregistered

Sir i have just given the xth board examination and accepting 85% in the exam. I have also appeared in all india polytechnic exam and i have secured 1421 rank. should i go for polytechnic or get admission in 12th and prepare of iit. which would be better ?
5th June 2012, 01:14 AM
Unregistered

Does 49.6 in hs means 50 in wbjee
10th June 2012, 01:31 PM
Unregistered

Sir,i eligible for appearing AIEEE exam after compliting diploma engineering. and how to apply for same?
22nd July 2012, 03:43 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible for IIT-JEE and AIEEE after completing Polytechnic diploma.
Polytechnic Diploma is considered as 12th marks.

So, to eligible for these exams, you will have to satisfy the eligibility criteria of IIT-JEE and AIEEE.
Notifications of both exams will come in November-December.
For eligibility criteria of IIT-JEE, visit this page:jee.iitm.ac.in/eligibility.php
1st September 2012, 07:24 PM
Unregistered

I am in final yr of polytechnic in Civil Engg. on 10th base so, I could be eligible for IIT/AIEEE.... and pls tell the form, schedule & procedure for both...
Mail me on [email protected]
24th October 2013, 04:50 PM
Unregistered

Any age limit for iit enterene exam
30th March 2014, 09:49 PM
Unregistered

sir i have completed my ssc with 57% and hsc with 47% and i had completed my diploma in mechanical with 60% should i eligible for iit entrance exam?
2nd April 2015, 09:47 AM
Unregistered

I am planning to join in diploma in mechanical engineering after 10th std is it possible for me to attempt iit entrance after my diploma
9th September 2015, 04:51 PM
Unregistered

Sir I am completing polytechnic diploma from 12th level so can I eligible AIEEE exam..??
13th March 2016, 08:58 AM
Unregistered

Sir I completed my bsc in cs I. Mumbai university
Can I get admission in IIT for be or pg
13th March 2016, 11:50 PM
ganiebizer
Senior Member+

-> No , JEE and IIT are totally assimilar to diploma .
-> Diploma course meant for technology field which is the basic level of graduation course in engineering field .
-> Actually questions are totally pick out from 2 I.e, physics , chemistry and maths .
-> Diploma candidates are not eligible to get admission in NIT and IIT .
20th May 2016, 02:37 PM
Unregistered

Sir i am studying in diploma civil after 12th with 78%. Am i eligible for iit or nit after completing diploma? ...sir please reply...my email is [email protected] and mob. No. Is 08173092286
25th May 2016, 01:11 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for attempting the JEE (Mains & Advanced) after completing a polytechnic diploma in engineering, which I did after completing 12th class?
12th June 2016, 08:05 PM
Unregistered

i secured my tenth with 95%.i want to do iit.but for fast settlement i choose diploma.so is there chance to fullfill my wish after diploma means entrances like jee mains&adv to attempt
5th July 2017, 02:25 PM
Unregistered

Sir my name is ROHIT. my 10th percentage 83.33 and 12th percentage 75.8 . I take admission in govt.polytechnic BAREILLY. Can I eligible for IIT jee after completing polytechnic. Sir pls tell me soon.
My mob. No. 9536541258. Email id [email protected]
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?