31st March 2015, 09:00 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to give IIT and other entrance exams if I have completed diploma course with 60%?

Am i eligible fr IIT and other entrance EXAMS I have completed my diploma wid 60% but i have started my diploma on the basis of 10th education nd i also have completed my 12 but private not regular when i was completing.diploma. Please give me the answer for my question!

31st March 2015, 08:57 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to give IIT and other entrance exams if I have completed diploma course with 60%?

No, you are not eligible to appear in JEE examination after completion of your three years Diploma course. Only candidates who had completed 12th standard from a recognised board are eligible to appear in JEE examination. If you are interested to pursue B.Tech course after completion of your three years Diploma course, then, you can appear in lateral entry examinations like LEET/ECET/JELET examinations to get admission in B.Tech course. By qualifying these entrance examinations, you can get direct admission in second year of four years B.Tech course.
31st March 2015, 10:33 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to give IIT and other entrance exams if I have completed diploma course with 60%?

Unfortunately there is no procedure for lateral entry admission in IITs and if you are a Diploma Engineer then you can't get admission in B.Tech course from IITs. You have to apply for admission on some other entrance exam which offers lateral entry admission.

There are many colleges in India other than IITs and NITs which offer admission on the basis of lateral engineering entrance exam. It is a state level entrance exam and you can apply for the exam according to your state. For example, if you belong to West Bengal then you can apply for JELET.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?