14th October 2011, 04:26 PM
vivek pratap nayak

Am I eligible for IPS officer exam if my height is 165 cm and SC caste?

Dear sir,
I qualified my 12th examination, my height 165cm and my caste s.c may i suitable for this exam.

14th October 2011, 05:38 PM
gamble007
Senior Member++

Default Re: Am I eligible for IPS officer exam if my height is 165 cm and SC caste?

of course, dear ,

you are eligible for the physical eligibility criteria for IPS exam, conducted by UPSC every year.
for appear in this exam you must have to complete your graduation in any stream from a recognized college.
the age limit for this civil service examination is 21-30.,
there are 5 & 3 yaesr of age relaxations are applicable for SC\ST & OBC candidates respectively.

thanks!!!
14th October 2011, 06:32 PM
neha bh

Default Re: Am I eligible for IPS officer exam if my height is 165 cm and SC caste?

Educational Eligibility for IAS
Graduate in any discipline from a university recognized by the University Grants Commission (UGC)
You can appear for the Prelims even if the final year's result is awaited provided you produce it while filling the Mains form
Citizenship Eligibility for IAS
MUST be a Citizen of India

Age Eligibility for IAS
Minimum 21 years of age at the time of filling the Prelims form and not more than 30 years for General category
For OBC candidates between 21 and 33 years of age
For SC/ST candidates between 21 and 35 years of age

Attempt Eligibility for IAS
For General category students not more than 4 attempts including prelims
For OBC candidates not more than 7 attempts
For SC/ST candidates no limit on attempts. Only age limit.

regards
neha
14th October 2011, 09:39 PM
g m bhagya

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek pratap nayak View Post
Dear sir,
I qualified my 12th examination, my height 165cm and my caste s.c may i suitable for this exam.
yes you may be having the physical fitness but you have to complete degree and appear for the exam.
17th October 2011, 08:24 PM
Unregistered

What is the minimum height require for IPS officer sir?
5th November 2011, 09:40 PM
VegaSridhar

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek pratap nayak View Post
Dear sir,
Hi,
You have the required height of 165cm. So you are eligible to become IPS officer.Along with height you need to satisfy some other criteria to passyour medical test.

Eye sight - 6/6 or 6/9 distant vision for good eye. 6/12 or 6/9 for worst eye.
Near vision J 1 for good eye. J2 for worst eye.
The correction is by lenses only.
High standard for the Colour-blind test.
No inherent night blindness.
Vision should stereoscopic.

Chest girth fully expanded: 84cm (Expansion: 5cm)

Eye Vision:

High Grade Colour Vision.

Binocular Vision.

Refractive Error Permitted-

Total Amount of Hypermetropia(including cylinder) shall not exceed plus 4.00D

Total Amount of Myopia(including cylinder) shall not exceed minus 4.00D. However, if its a non-pathological case of myopia, it can be relaxed.

Spectacles allowed but no mention of lasik. Therefore, lasik is not allowed.

All The Best

Vega Sridhar
8th November 2011, 09:01 PM
Unregistered

hi ,sir i want to become a rolice constable .my height is 166cm. i'm aligible r not .pls reply me soon.
9th November 2011, 05:07 PM
jacobs
Senior Member++++

Dear friend,
Yes of course you are eligible for IPS examination.
Here is the details criteria about IPS examination :

Academic Qualification :
The candidate must be graduate from any university.

Age Limit :

For General :21 to 30 years.
[SC/ST will get 5 years age relaxation and OBC will get 3 year age relaxation]

No Of Attempts :

General : 4.
SC/ST: Unlimited.
OBC :7.

Height factor :
The height of the candidate should be minimum 165 cm.

So,
You are OK with these criteria.
All the best....
15th November 2011, 10:08 PM
Unregistered

sir my high is 165 and i am sc cast i complited my intermidiat can i apply for AP CONSTABLE
27th November 2011, 05:45 PM
gamble007
Senior Member++

Definitely,.
Friend...
You are eligible for this examination,the minimum height required for this examination is 165cm for general candidates, there are 5cm of relaxations are applicable for the SC\ST candidates.

Physical requirements-

The educational qualification needed for this examination is a graduation degree from a recognized college in any steam.

The age limit for this examination is 21-30 years, there are 5 & 3 years of the age relaxations are applicable for the SC\ST & OBC candidates respectively.

This civil service examination has three stages-
1.CSAT [CIVIL SERVICE ATTITUDE TEST]
2.MAINS
3.INTERVIEW [PERSONALITY TEST]

Exam pattern-

Thank you!!!
~gamble~
28th December 2011, 08:40 PM
Unregistered

Hello, sir. could you tell me as the civil services aspirants has got a any FIR in state or central police station ,and when the case is end judgment was positive weather to write upsc exam as is possible or not.
11th January 2012, 09:59 AM
Unregistered

sir i have height of 168 cms and my height is 5"9" and i got 66 percent in 10th and 57.6 percent in 12th i got my leg fractured and now iam ok may i elligible to write IPS exam please reply
29th January 2012, 01:06 PM
Unregistered

my height is 165cm only. iam studying 3rd year engineering now in kalasalingam university. i want be become IPS officer. Pls say the procedure how to apply for exam and requirements. pls reply
4th February 2012, 06:02 PM
Ashwinkumar Hallikar

yah you can become IPS officer you have 165 cm and you are SC .for sc candidates the eligibility height is 160cm you have more than that and you are eligible if your not sc also you have cleared height limit no need to take tension

ALl the best
23rd February 2012, 01:19 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for IPS officer exam if my height is 165 cm and open cast?
17th March 2012, 08:47 PM
Unregistered

HELLO SIR......I DID POST GRADUATION IN BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION .......N M VERY TENSED WHILE KNOWING THAT HEIGHT SHOULD B 165CM ....N MY HEIGHT IS ONLY 5.1 .....CAN I BECOME IPS OFFICER FROM SUCH HEIGHT
25th April 2012, 12:19 AM
Unregistered

i m b.tech 3rd yr student....can i apply 4 I.P.S officer test?plzzz...snd me cmplt inf. about this on my id([email protected])
4th May 2012, 05:58 PM
Unregistered

I met an accident and i broken my hand .Now my hand is slightly bended.Is it possible to become IPS officer. But my body is fit.
25th May 2012, 11:18 AM
Unregistered

sir my height is 168 cm i am eligible for SI exam
17th July 2012, 02:04 PM
Unregistered

sir my height is 160 cm and im oc am i eligible for ips post.. if i perform well in the examinations wil they tak me sir. pll tel me
14th October 2012, 09:09 AM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend,

The Physical Standards that you require to fulfill for the civil Services Exam are :

So , on the basis of the above mentioned you are eligible for the exam.

This is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.
17th July 2013, 12:07 AM
Unregistered

hello sir, i hav a fracture in my left femour bone but right now im totally fit my height is 165 can i appy for this exam
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?