5th June 2012, 02:53 PM
saprsingh

What are the physical requirements to become an IPS officer? Qualifications requirement for the same?

what should be the weight and the height for a man to become a ips officer,and the qualification required?

6th June 2012, 11:43 AM
infoysis
Senior Member+++

Default Re: What are the physical requirements to become an IPS officer? Qualifications requirement for the same?

Quote:
Originally Posted by saprsingh View Post
what should be the weight and the height for a man to become a ips officer,and the qualification required?

what should be the weight and the height for a man to become a ips officer ???

Physical Standards Required for IPS Examination :-

Height :-

For Male candidate :- Your height should be 165 cm

For Female candidate :- Your height shoul be 150cm

Relaxation will applicable for SC/ST and OBC candidates , Male :- 160cm / Female :- 145cm .

Chest :-

For Male candidates :- 84cm and in Expansion :- + 5cm

For Female candidates :- 79 cm and in Expansion :- +5cm.

Eyesight :-

Your Eyesight should be 6/12 / 6/9 distant vision for worse eye and You should have 6/6 or 6/9 distant vision for good eye.

Weight :-

You should be Physically as well as mentally for fit for the IPS Examination You should have capable to run 10kms in 60mins as welll as rope climbing etc.. It denotes that your physically fit .

what is the qualification required for IPS Examination ??

Eligibility Criteria Required for IPS Examination :-

Educational Qualification :-

You should be Graduation in any discipline ( ie :- Commerce / Science / Arts ) from Recognized University. Final year candidate may also eligible to apply for this Examinaion .

Important :- Pass Marks is Enough to apply for this Examination .

Age Limit :-

Your age should be Minimum 21 years and Maximum 30 years and relazation will applicable for sc/st candidates and obc candidates .

Number of Attempts :-

-For General Candidates :- 4 Times
-For OBC Candidates :- 7 Times
-For SC/ST :- No Limit
6th June 2012, 11:54 AM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What are the physical requirements to become an IPS officer? Qualifications requirement for the same?

Physical requirements are as follows:-
height:
male:165cm
female:160cm

chest:
male:84cm
female:79cm

bp:
for age 23: 123
age 24=124
age 25=122
age 26=124
age 28=128
age 30=125
age 32=126
age 34=127

ear: empairment not more than 30 decibel
should not stammer, should not be color blind.

For more information log onto this website:- www.upsc.gov.in
24th June 2012, 02:14 PM
Unregistered

i am studying my btech 3rd in reputed college in chittor can i apply to civils exams for this year
24th June 2012, 10:43 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

IPS - INDIAN POLICE SERVICE, to become an IPS officer one has to apply, appear and crack Civil Service Exam conducted by UPSC once every year.

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR CIVIL SERVICE EXAM:-

-The candidate must be an Indian National
-Should have either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in any stream of education from a recognised University
-Should be within the age of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxatin for reserved candidate
-Should be Physically and Mentally a fit candidate.

PHYSICAL REQUIREMENT FOR IPS:-

-HEIGHT

For male General candidate-165cm and Female-150cm
For SC/ST Male candidate-160cm and Female-145cm

-CHEST

For Male candidate 85cm and Female 79cm expandable to 5cm in both the cases.

Weight should be according to one's height.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
26th July 2012, 12:16 AM
Unregistered

when will be the forms are available for ips?
28th July 2012, 02:06 AM
Unregistered

My hight is 152cm .i am able to become I.P.S.?
31st August 2012, 12:07 AM
Unregistered

im santhosh shetty. my physical standards is very good.
i completed fire and safety engineering
can i atend IPS exam for this year.
31st August 2012, 04:05 PM
i am sure
Member+

Height :-

For Male candidate :- Your height should be 165 cm

For Female candidate :- Your height shoul be 150cm

Relaxation will applicable for SC/ST and OBC candidates , Male :- 160cm / Female :- 145cm .

Chest :-

For Male candidates :- 84cm and in Expansion :- + 5cm

For Female candidates :- 79 cm and in Expansion :- +5cm.

Eyesight :-

Your Eyesight should be 6/12 / 6/9 distant vision for worse eye and You should have 6/6 or 6/9 distant vision for good eye.
14th September 2012, 04:32 PM
Unregistered

sir iam cmpltd degree..basically iam telugu medium background student..in degree also telugu medium..i would like to try civils exam..plz suggest me
18th September 2012, 09:32 PM
Unregistered

hello sir!! my name is aniket...i am 22 years old and wanted to become DSP and preparing for it from the last 1and a half year..my height is 165cm and i belongs to s.c category!! but i am confused about the height..because in mppsc site there is nothing shown about height of sc candidates...they have just written height required for male-168cm ...what should i do now???? please reply fast...i will be thankful to u!!..thanks a ton...
23rd September 2012, 02:44 PM
Unregistered

i m serving in army and want to become an ips ,n i want to know that how to apply
15th November 2012, 05:49 PM
Unregistered

Is there B.SC. History degree present in maharashtra
20th November 2012, 10:07 PM
Unregistered

What's the time period for training after clearing ips exam.
20th December 2012, 04:15 PM
Unregistered

What are the physical requirement and running an IPS officer.
20th December 2012, 07:40 PM
muse65

Physical Requirements of IPS: The following are the physical requirements of IPS officer
1. Height: Male-165 cms(for general,sc,obc)
male 160 cms for st candidates
Female-150 cms for general ,sc and OBC candidates
145 cms for st candidates
2.Chest: Male:minimum 84 cms and expanshion is 5cm
for female-minimum 79 cms and expanshion is 5cms
3.Eyesight:
>>>>.6/6 or 6/9 distant vision for good eye
>>>>.6/12 or 6/9 for worst eye.
4.Blood pressure(High):
24-124
25-122
30-125
32-126
20th December 2012, 09:17 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

IPS is Indian Police Services and if you want to become IPS officer then you have to pass Civil Services Examination which is conducted by UPSC every year.

There are some physical Fitness criteria for IPS officer . So you have to be according the that criteria then only you will be considered for IPS officer post.

-Height for IPS officer is as follows:

Males - Minimum height required is 165 cms

Females - Minimum height required is 150 cms

-Weight should be proportionate to height.

-Color blindness is not allowed and you must have very good color vision.

-Eyesight corrected with Spectacles are allowed.

-Chest required for Males is 85 cms and for females 79 cms. There should be atleast 5cm of expansion of chest.

-So if you want to become IPS officer then you have to satisfy above criteria.

For more information you can download the following attachment.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf upsc civil services 2012.pmd.pdf(327.3 KB, 681 views)
28th December 2012, 07:31 PM
Unregistered

how many months are training
21st April 2013, 10:08 PM
Unregistered

my height is 165 cm , i am able to ips
26th April 2013, 05:35 PM
Unregistered

i am at present studying my b.tech 3rd year.my ambition is to become an I.P.S officer and serve my country.i am a s.c candidate.my question is,is coaching is good for exams?.please suggest me.
25th May 2013, 10:33 AM
Unregistered

i'm esmile wamts to be an IPS officer, but my hand is facture n slite band? Would i be a candidate?
10th June 2013, 11:55 AM
Unregistered

I have completed my degree,how much percentage available in this exam?
19th June 2013, 06:32 PM
Unregistered

I have not enough height but i m much interested in this exam... can i apply for this exam.
22nd June 2013, 03:02 AM
Unregistered

I have corrected eye vision through spectacles,so can i be ips officer?
22nd June 2013, 01:08 PM
vetrikarthik

Smile Re: What are the physical requirements to become an IPS officer? Qualifications requirement for the same?

Hai friend,

The Physical requirements to join IPS

1. Height:

Minimum height for men and women is fixed at 165 cm and 150 cm.

There is some relaxation of 5 cm for both men and women in case of them belonging to ST, and some particular races like Assamese, Gorkhas, Garhwalias, etc.

2. Permitted problems in Vision:

Total amount of Myopia which includes cylinder should be less than -4D,

Total amount of Hypermetropia which again includes cylinder should not exceed +4D.

3. Additionally, aspirants must have high grade color vision and binocular vision.

4. Chest Girth expandable: Men - 84 cm, Women - 79 cm.

5. Spectacles is allowed, but UPSC doesn’t mention anything about Lasik.

6. All joints should show perfect motion.

Other eligibility:

Nationality - Indian.

Age - 21 to 30 years.

Education : Degree from a recognised university.
4th October 2013, 07:06 PM
Unregistered

what study is very important from the 10th standurdto become sucessful man?
10th December 2013, 12:45 PM
Unregistered

i have passed graduation 47% by GNDU university in arts.i am able to become ips officer?can i apply?
3rd January 2014, 11:38 AM
Unregistered

What is the qualificiation,admission fees and monthly fees to become a pilot in india? And what is the pecentage in H.S. examination?
10th March 2014, 04:01 PM
Unregistered

sir, all requirment are completed. but my english language, speech is very poor. please tell me any chances
23rd March 2014, 01:35 PM
Unregistered

i am bharath . i am very much interested in becoming ips.. i am stil 19 year. wht helps me to score in upsc exm
18th April 2014, 10:49 PM
Unregistered

Wink Re: What are the physical requirements to become an IPS officer? Qualifications requirement for the same?

[QUOTE=Unregistered;3974538]what study is very important from the 10th standurd to become sucessful IPS officer
27th May 2014, 12:54 AM
Unregistered

i am in 11th and i wont to become an ips officer which subject should take? can i take maths for it?
2nd June 2014, 03:59 PM
Unregistered

sir i am studying btech in mits college in chittor can i apply to civils exams
3rd June 2014, 02:04 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
My hight is 152cm .i am able to become I.P.S.?
yes you can if you are s lady, the requirement for a lady is 150 cm
29th July 2014, 03:16 PM
Unregistered

Am Rahul C M and I completed automobile engineering in diploma in karnataka and am 24 year old can I able to apply for the IPS exam
4th September 2014, 01:35 AM
Unregistered

Sir all are equal then why the s.c candidates have no limits and obc.Candidates have 7 times limit
24th September 2014, 03:45 AM
Unregistered

hii this is Mahadev I want to know that I have operation of diaphragmatic hernia on my abdomen am I eligible for the post of IPS? plz reply me..
30th September 2014, 12:25 PM
Unregistered

My name Akash chavan and serve in indian army.i can give the ips exam after my 16 years service.this time my age is 22 years old,and i want give exam after my 16 years service..
3rd November 2014, 06:25 AM
Unregistered

Sir, I have done diploma in computer science and now doing correspondence MBA. Will complete it by 2015 . Am I eligible to appear for civil service exam. I am 26 years old
17th December 2014, 08:47 PM
Unregistered

Sir,
I am Shamrin Sadique . I am studying in 8th . My dream is to be a IPS officer . So what and all trainings are needed for an IPS officer .What is the physical activities now I should please inform now itself Sir.
26th December 2014, 10:57 PM
Unregistered

Sir,
I am sambhu Rajbanshi ward of Subhas Rajbanshi.At this time i am studying in B.com(1 st year).I am 19 years old now.My physical fitness is (Height-160cms,Chest GirhtExpandabie-85)
also i am sc candidate.My dream is to become an IPS police officer.Hence i have being starting my study in history,geography,General knowledge etc for last two years.What should i do for next after my graduation.I have needed more tips to become an IPS officer.

Thank you-Jai Hind
21st February 2015, 05:00 PM
mahi nishad

Sir,
I am sevti nishad ward of shri gashiyaram nishad .At this time i am studying in B.a.(2 st year).I am 20 years old now.My dream is IPS police officer.Hence i have being starting my study in history,geography,General knowledge etc for last one years.What should i do for next after my graduation.I have needed more tips to b.a. an IPS officer.

Thank you-Jai Hind
16th June 2015, 11:03 AM
Unregistered

I am satheesh kumar reddy . My height is 167 cm , weight 60 kgs i dont have eye site and i am physically fit and strong . Daily i can run 6 kilometers with in 25 minutes , i am just 19 years old still studying b tech 3rd year i have another 2 years to train for the UPSC exam so tell some technics how to train ,my life time goal is to become an IPS officer to serve for the nation ... * JAI HIND *
11th December 2015, 02:59 PM
Unregistered

I am a 21 year old undergraduate girl having all fit physical measure . but I have a baby delivered by cesarean can I apply or IPS exam which is my childhood dream
22nd February 2016, 08:04 PM
Unregistered

Now am studying in Computer science engineering second Yr so can I attend the Exm
21st March 2016, 03:34 PM
Unregistered

if a person suffered from hernia operation at the age of 12.but now he is fit and fine at the age of 23.is he able to give Ips exam
8th May 2016, 02:39 PM
Unregistered

Well I am an architecture student studying in odisha.... Actually m very much interested in raw but before I have to Crack civil... So can I appear d exam if I m jus appearing d exams of last semester? I m a girl ...I dream to b an inspiration an serve n bleed fr my County... My age is 19 n I m in d second year of my degree... So I do need help of my above question
10th May 2016, 08:18 AM
Unregistered

I am Manikanta, from Karnataka. I have completed my BBM DEGREE. I want to know, which degree is required to appear for IPS exam is UG or PG degree.
21st December 2021, 10:27 PM
Unregistered

You can apply when you are in your final year
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?