4th September 2011, 01:38 PM

Am I eligible for IPS Exam being a candidate of SC Category and with the height of 162 cm?

i am sc cast candidate.my height is 162cm.am i eligible for ips.
thanks.

4th September 2011, 04:43 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for IPS Exam being a candidate of SC Category and with the height of 162 cm?

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
thanks.
Dear friend,

Yes, You are eligible for IPS exam.

IPS exam is conducted by UPSC. There are some criteria you have to follow for appearing in IPS exam.

Those candiadte have completed graduation in any discipline from recognized university are eligible for IPS exam.

But your age should be in between 21-30years for general candidate.
In IPS exam their is provide age relaxation for OBC candiadte is 3years and for SC/ST candiadte is 5 years.

The maximum attempts for Sc/ST candiadte is Unlimited. For OBC candiadte it is 7 years and for general candidate it will be 5 years.

Also you must be citizen of India.

The IAS selection process is consist in three way

1)Preliminay exam
2)Main exam
3)Interview.

thanks
5th September 2011, 10:14 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for IPS Exam being a candidate of SC Category and with the height of 162 cm?

Quote:
thanks.
Yes, You are Eligible To Apply for UPSC Civil Services Examination To become IPS Officer, The examination was Conducted By UPSC Every year and If your age is 162 cm and You are belong to SC/ST Category then you are eligible for This examination. But for General Candidates Your Minimum Height should be 165 cm.

>> Minimum height is relaxation is applicable for Men to 160 Cm for SC/ST Candidates.

So, If you have completed your Graduation degree course in any discipline form a recognised University then you are eligible for UPSC Civil services examination, Final year Graduate candidates are also apply for this examination.

>> So, If your age Should between 21 To 30 years Then you are apply for this examination, The relaxation of 5 Year is applicable for SC/ST candidates and relaxation of 3 Year to OBC Candidates.

>> So, If you are Interested then please apply for the UPSC Civil services 2012 examination, the Notification of this examination was Going to be declared in the month of February 2012 i.e. on 04/Feb/2012.

After Notification Candidates are eligible to apply for this examination Online OR Offline, If you are Interested to apply Offline then you have to Obtained the application form Directly form the Post offices in India. But Its better if you can apply for this examination Online By visit the UPSC website.

>> General candidates will gets only 4 Attempts to cracked this examination, OBC Candidates gets 7 Attempts and No limits for SC/ST Candidates.

>> So, please dont worry you are eligible for UPSC Civil services examination, Just wait for the Notification and then apply for this examination Online and for more Information please check the UPSC website -

http://upsc.gov.in
6th September 2011, 01:51 AM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Am I eligible for IPS Exam being a candidate of SC Category and with the height of 162 cm?

Quote:
thanks.
Minimum Criteria For Appearing in Civil Services Exam

according to the UPSC guidelines..

1)you should be a graduate degree holder from any stream from any recognized college of India.
2)you should be within the age limit of 21-35 years for SC category..

if you fulfill these criteria then you are certainly eligible for giving the Civil services exams..

there are two rounds..
1)Prelims:- exam based on aptitude,general knowledge and current affairs
2)Mains:- exam based on the subjects of your graduation topics..

prepare well and all the best..

~Hope this helps.. ~

With Warm Regards
"Nitz"

2)
6th September 2011, 08:50 AM
lovebirdskarun
Senior Member+

Here is the eligibility criteria for ips exam

age limit

general 21-30
obc 21-33
sc/st 21-35 years

you should have atleast a degree from a recognised university

moreover

general have 4 attempts, obc have 7 and sc/st have no limit
6th September 2011, 04:13 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,

Hight requirements for IPS exam:-

Minimum height of 165 cm for Men and 150 cm for Women (minimum height is relaxable to 160 and 145 cm for Men and Women respectively in the case of candidates belonging to ST and to races such as Gorkhas, Garhwalias, Assamese, Kumaonis, Nagaland Tribals etc.)

AS you have mentioned that your hight is 162 cms.. and you are from SC category then don't worry , you eligible to appear in IPS exam..

All the best.
7th October 2011, 04:35 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for IPS exam I am sc cast my hight is 162.5 cm
27th November 2011, 11:35 AM
Yasir yousf

Yes are eligble minimum heigh is 152cm best of luck
27th November 2011, 05:27 PM
gamble007
Senior Member++

Yes !!!!,
Sir,,,
You are eligible for the civil service examination, conducted by the UNION PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION [UPSC] .

As the minimum height required for the general candidates is at least 165cm, but you are SC CANDIDATE , so, there is the 5 cm height relaxations criteria is applicable .

For become a IPS [INDIAN POLICE SERVICE] officer, you must have to clear the CIVIL SERVICE EXAMINATION, which have three stages-

1.CSAT [CIVIL SERVICE ATTITUDE TEST]
2.MAINS
3.INTERVIEW..[PERSONALITY TEST]

EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS-
A graduation degree from a recognized college in any stream.

AGE LIMIT-
21-30 years for the GENERAL candidates,
21-33 years for the OBC [non-creamy layer] candidates,
21-35 years for the SC\ST candidates..

Exam pattern-

No. of attempts-
Four for the GENERAL candidates,
Seven for the OBC candidate.
No such restriction for the SC\ST candidates..

Thank you!!
~gamble~
22nd June 2012, 01:30 PM
Unregistered

my name is shekhar i am sc cast my hight is 161cm can i eligible for IPS exam email- [email protected] plz give ans
30th June 2012, 06:36 PM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend ,

You are absolutely eligible for IPS exam even if you have the height of 162 cms .

AS i want to tell you that the minimum height required for candidates is 165 cms but as you belong to SC category , then there is a relaxation of 5 cms in upper age that means a candidate having the height 160cms and from SC Category is eligible .

So , on the basis of the above mentioned , you are absolutely eligible for the same if you fulfill the other eligibility criteria required for the examination.

This is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.
30th August 2012, 11:08 PM
Unregistered

Am i eligibal for deputy collector exam beina a candidate of sc category with height of 162 cms
31st August 2012, 10:00 PM
vidh
Senior Member+

hello,
Dear Friend ,

You are absolutely eligible for IPS exam even if you have the height of 162 cms .

AS i want to tell you that the minimum height required for candidates is 165 cms but as you belong to SC category , then there is a relaxation of 5 cms in upper age that means a candidate having the height 160cms and from SC Category is eligible .

So , on the basis of the above mentioned , you are absolutely eligible for the same if you fulfill the other eligibility criteria required for the examination.

This is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want. 22nd June 2012 12:30 PM

regards
31st August 2012, 10:13 PM
vidh
Senior Member+

hello,

This is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want. 22nd June 2012 12:30 PM

regards
31st August 2012, 10:21 PM
vidh
Senior Member+

hello,
Dear Friend ,

This is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.
1st September 2012, 12:18 AM
sumitjha14u
Senior Member+

hello dear,
yes, you are eligible for IPS Exam being a candidate of SC Category
but your age should be comes under 35 year
and there is no any limit of attempts
if you fill this criteria then
the exam will conduct in 3 round
1. Preliminay exam
2. Main exam
3. Interview.

good luck
11th May 2013, 06:11 PM
Unregistered

MY HEIGHT IS 162cm IAM SC MALE. AM I ELIGEBLE FOR S.I IN C.B.I THROUGH SSC CGL2013
21st November 2013, 10:36 PM
Unregistered

Am i eligible for ips my height is 162cm and obc catagiry
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?